I hope DW2 gets ganked all the way to Beagle Point.

What can I say . It’s seem I’ll play completely solo for this adventure.
Not a bad idea anyway .

There is no need to go to this extreme, you can play in Fleetcom or whichever private group without issue if you want to be sociable. In a Private Group (or open) you will also be able to see where friends are on the galaxy map, if they are in the same private group or are also in Open when you are.

All of the disturbance was in Open play (IIRC one player caused trouble in a PG and has now been booted), some players were 'helpfully' giving 'free' advice via system chat that the Private Group was full (not a thing that can affect instancing) and that they should switch to open. Whereupon they were shot.

Do not fall for propaganda, do not trust advice from players you do not recognise. As the trip progresses you will make friends & learn who can be trusted to give advice (ie the organisers).

All the best parties have people wanting to gatecrash :D

Last edited:
There are lots of groups like that including my own.

Unfortunately, we (even when all the lawful groups get together) are outnumbered and the griefers tend to be more dedicated (and therefore more organised), so it's an uphill battle. We do try though. Never for one second think that because these guys are seal clubbing that they aren't also highly skilled dogfighters. They are. Because pvp is all they do.

Pure speculation on my part -- and I fully expect the Griefer/Ganker crowd to cry "foul!" -- but could it be that they have a little more time on their hands? No, idea, honestly, but it wouldn't surprise me.

That said, how are you organized? Like the Fuel Rats? I.e. when word goes out, the Rat Signal goes up and who-ever's available gets there? Just curious.

I'm sure though, there's no perfect solution as there's always the danger of a Ganker Ganker accidently shooting a Ganker Gankee or even a Ganker Gawker... friendly fire and all that.

Trouble with that is, the gwankers will have combat capable ships and will have no problems escaping if they deem they're overpowered. Which leaves the Ganker Gankers all dressed up and no one to shoot.

Sounds like "mission accomplished" to me. :) If they're flyin' explorers ain't dyin' and have time to get many jumps ahead.

They could gank the explorers then [hotas] :D

And how long do you think the Fuel Rats would last if, instead of rescue the flew out there and blew their missions up? I think they'd fall apart pretty quickly as an organization then. :)

My two cents, anyway...

Thanks Riverside , I’ll try to join Fleetcom .

Currently closed. Try Mobius https://elitepve.com/ instead, but expect some processing time.

I would also suggest to apply for access to the Fleetcomm discord https://discord.gg/rt9T9AA . Admission is currently on hold (you'll be kept in the #accessrequests channel), but once it's reopend you'll be processed. If you are already in the Fleetcomm discord, check out your platform specific channels for any participant-organized smaller PGs. No guarantees against unfriendly PvP in them, though.

Hide all yall want. I suspect Sag A* and Beagle Point will still be a bloodbath. It's so many players that can't fit in a single instance and nto everyone is linked to each others private groups to organize, thus yall will bleed into Open, and yall will fall prey.

Hide all yall want. I suspect Sag A* and Beagle Point will still be a bloodbath. It's so many players that can't fit in a single instance and nto everyone is linked to each others private groups to organize, thus yall will bleed into Open, and yall will fall prey.

There are unlimited private groups, I don't really see an issue. otoh if the gankers are all away from the bubble for a few months I see no real downside to that either ;)

sollisb

Banned
Currently closed. Try Mobius https://elitepve.com/ instead, but expect some processing time.

I would also suggest to apply for access to the Fleetcomm discord https://discord.gg/rt9T9AA . Admission is currently on hold (you'll be kept in the #accessrequests channel), but once it's reopend you'll be processed. If you are already in the Fleetcomm discord, check out your platform specific channels for any participant-organized smaller PGs. No guarantees against unfriendly PvP in them, though.

As soon as you login, or jump to a new system and see a [] CMDR, check them out. If it's a combat ship, pay closer attention. Check their loadout. If you see weapons, change mode.

This pertains to any PG on the DW2 expedition. Fleetcomm cannot and shouldn't be, held responsible for bottom-hats that join to cause trouble.

And being honest, the more salt here on the boards just gives them more impetus to carry on. Like a bad smell, if it's ignored it goes away.

All I see is gankers whining because they can't destroy a peaceful event as hard as they want to.

It's a really sad state of affairs when people start whining because they don't get to ruin someone else's day.

Edit: but I suppose they're most upset about not being able to get free attention / publicity from ganking this event, as I suspect most of them are really in it for external validation.

Last edited:
As soon as you login, or jump to a new system and see a [] CMDR, check them out. If it's a combat ship, pay closer attention. Check their loadout. If you see weapons, change mode.
Yup. Or what I did the other day, I saw someone in SC, scanned them, his outfitting didn't look like explorer or miner, so I dropped out from SC to normal space to give me a little time to plan a jump. Picked another system, and jumped there. No way he would be able to scan and follow. One way of running away is to have a huge jump range. Combat ships can't do the same.

This pertains to any PG on the DW2 expedition. Fleetcomm cannot and shouldn't be, held responsible for bottom-hats that join to cause trouble.

And being honest, the more salt here on the boards just gives them more impetus to carry on. Like a bad smell, if it's ignored it goes away.
Exactly. Many of them crave the attention it gives. Don't feed the trolls, as they used to say.

It's a really sad state of affairs when people start whining because they don't get to ruin someone else's day.

Edit: but I suppose they're most upset about not being able to get free attention / publicity from ganking this event, as I suspect most of them are really in it for external validation.

Isn't that why you posted that too?

I'm starting to see threads in the PvP forum with people complaining about getting booted from Fleetcomm. So, whatever they're doing - keep it up [haha][haha]

If this is legit, we do know that there were 5th column PKrs in Fleetcom.

Now we need to find out:
1) Were they booted for reputation reasons only, or did they PK within the group.
2) If they PK'd within the group, did the targets have their data/assets restored as a result of pvp interaction.

If this is legit, we do know that there were 5th column PKrs in Fleetcom.

Now we need to find out:
1) Were they booted for reputation reasons only, or did they PK within the group.
2) If they PK'd within the group, did the targets have their data/assets restored as a result of pvp interaction.

Apparently Jasonbarron was removed for clique-y reasons despite having a strong exploration pedigree, and having comported himself well on other expeditions/in PGs.

I've been trying and failing to come up with a proper Boy George ship name.

Lend a hand?

Karmaeleon.

DxN3853U0AA_EX2.jpg:large

Top Bottom