News Icarus Cup: Information and Signup

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
@ Baton
@ Lex Humboldt

if Icarus Cup really starts as soon as August maybe we can join forces to get a full roster?
I am not shure how many of our wing-group are intereste yet. Nubers can vary from 2-4. Yes we are a small group of casual (tm) hardcore (c) elitists (also installed) and some are questing for the space-pony.

Hope this cup will not pass me by...

I also would be courious about gaming times. I'd recon it will be during GMT prime-time early evening during weekend - continuing over serveral weeks, right? Or will it be done in a condensed sereies on only one weekend packed with matches...?

Hope its not on that weekend of the month when I have to work... [rolleyes]

Last edited:
Dear Zac, there is only one question, when will that event happen, because i wish to be a part of it, but im limited by time, you know, work, family and soo on, can you be please more acurate and tell us exact date when it will happen, because i dont know if it have any point to make a registration... Thanks in advice.

What about the rebuy cost? I mean it's not a big deal but i would appreciate to have free rebuy for this cup.

Last edited:
No limits on weapons, utility points, or modules as long as they are purchased at a space station outfitting?

Anything I can buy at a station is fair game to bring into the fight? Please say yes.

yes

I like the look of this, but I would like clarification on performance thrusters as I can buy them via outfitting.

performance thrusters arent allowed

Really Nice!

One engineers modification means i can have one modified weapons, for expample, with incendiary rounds (multicannon) or i can have 2 multicannon with the same modification? i think just one, but anyway need to confirm.

And other thing, powerplay modules and weapons are allowed?

no PP mods / weapons
1 engineer mod PER TEAM. could be 1 weapon, 1 shield booster, 1 shield generator, anything, but just 1

How strict is this rule? Would it also be legit to register a squad of 6 commanders? Maybe also only 4 commanders?

Since we can take part also in wings of 2 or 3 pilots it shouldn't be a big issue I hope.

Go Icarus Cup go! This will be grand [up]

i'm 99% sure you can register less than 8 but 4 minimum

This is also my question, can you register less than 8 people?

see above

This particular points list was created by one VERY AWESOME focus group member in particular ;)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The clipper is classified as a large ship, which receives the large hull bonus to damage mitigation vs small and medium ships. Having a hulltank clipper skews the balance way off (and would be worth too many points to be considered as part of any team if it was actually in the list).

The idea behind this competition was to have it limited to small+medium ships only, mostly for balance reasons but also to dictate a fast-paced fight that doesn't take almost an hour to finish :)

Courier 4.5 points where???

performance thrusters arent allowed

Are you shure? Some commanders believe the opposite. I think we need official validation of this...

Are racing drives allowed? They are available in outfitting.

They are classed as your engineer module

I think he meant enhanced drives ;). Not modded drives.

I know what he meant bud but it's still classed as an engineers module :)

Last call for xbox commanders looking for a team. Come meet us in MANDH this weekend for tryouts. Fly safe commanders o7
GT Ragnascot

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
*Mod hat off

Not sure if this has been clarified already but, how will the organizers verify that there is indeed only 1 Engineer´s mod in each team?

Last edited:
I hear on the grapevine this might not be happening due to lack of sign ups.. Sad I suppose but I hope FD don't misunderstand that. Side point here but you guys at FD HQ haven't exactly made for a PvP friendly sentiment over the years.. Nevertheless, I recognise there is a will and its not gone unnoticed. ;)

Firstly, the requirement for it being UK only time is one large hurdle put in the way of everyone and by stipulating this all our friends west of the pond, and way south east have been excluded. Secondly, the requirements are a bit stiff. Teams of three (perhaps even two) might be a better option since it opens up things to more. As it stands there is a requirement for 8 in a team, four of which are stand ins..

So instead of just canning it, if thats whats gonna happen, I suggest a rethink.. Drop the big team requirements, even if we go with four then four is all that is needed right?, and schedule quarters, semi's and finals for the weekend where everyone can get involved (where FD could officiall stream). I presume the reason for the UK timeframe was so FD can stream and promote.

Lets have the lower round sessions go ahead at a more ad hoc time frame and save the streaming and promos for FD on the weekend. Its fair to say we can simply record each comp to demonstrate who won. It's worth remembering that a PvP comp like this was all organised by players before...

Everyone wins.. So call time on this and gauge reaction but most of all don't exclude folks from other time zones. ;)

There should also be a tier of rewards ( those sought after things we put on our dash) and not just for the winner.. Standard would be gold, silver and bronze. I recon that would make for a far more inclusive comp..

Last edited:
I guess many wait with registration until last minute - waiting for responses from friends and wingmates who acutally are inactive or in holidays. At least thats what I am doing.

Are you shure? Some commanders believe the opposite. I think we need official validation of this...

I'm just gonna say yes until Zac says otherwise, it seems to be the confirmation around the control group and Zac has been away for quite a while, we've been trying to reach him to get a 100% confirmation on it but right now it's just 90~%

*Mod hat off

Not sure if this has been clarified already but, how will the organizers verify that there is indeed only 1 Engineer´s mod in each team?

team will be able to snapshot your loadout and if anything is modified via specific values in their system more than likely, i just know that they will be able to tell

We haven't signed yet but we will - but with less than 8 players. For the apply form you need only one player (somebody told me)

But I heard from others the application service did not send a confirmation mail. Hopefully it's not broken.

I hear on the grapevine this might not be happening due to lack of sign ups.. Sad I suppose but I hope FD don't misunderstand that. Side point here but you guys at FD HQ haven't exactly made for a PvP friendly sentiment over the years.. Nevertheless, I recognise there is a will and its not gone unnoticed. ;)

Very true.

The forum definitely hasn't been kind toward PvP players whatsoever so it's hard to find PvP players paying attention to this forum, but we appreciate the goodwill FD shows by attempting this tournament.

Definitely loosen the time frame and lower the team size (Don't need four substitutes for four participating players, two is more than enough).

Have loosely organized and randomized elimination rounds that require only video evidence.

Reward should not only go to the winner, have recognition rewards for participants and throughout different tiers of the tournament.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom