Idea - Allow an NPC to turn the FSS into an ADS

Are you willing to accept....

Stepping away from all these arguments and looking at the big picture, "I'm willing to accept" a surprising amount in this game. I have an entire book of headcanon to explain away all the things currently in the game that I object to. The only things I refuse, REFUSE to accept are all these bugs that ruin my game. So I'll make you a deal, give me the lovely graphics I experienced when ED was first released on PS4 (before all these updates introduced flickering, horrible shadows and shading and bad Skype planet textures and disappearing stars), and a pretty NPC who sits in the chair beside me and tells me what a wonderful pilot I am, and you can have whatever you want :D

Last edited:
… So I'll make you a deal, give me the lovely graphics I experienced when ED was first released on PS4 (before all these updates introduced flickering, horrible shadows and shading and bad Skype planet textures and disappearing stars), and a pretty NPC who can just sit the chair beside me and tell me what a wonderful pilot I am, and you can have whatever you want :D

Sadly I can't fix the textures or any other bug. :(

But I can tell you that you are a wonderful pilot. Hope that helps a bit.

And sure, get your pretty NPC to sit beside or behind you. I have nothing against that. FDev could really do something about the way NPCs look.

Hmm... I've happened across the scent of paisley sandalwood and a sexy cheese fondue, sausage, and cordials party once or twice out in the black before.

Thought is was just the space madness setting in.

I can support this idea in principle, especially as it avoids the problem of the eye strain I experience after more than a couple of minutes in the FSS.
I'd happily increase my NPC payout to not have that experience.

However I don't think it addresses possibly the most stated complaint about the switch from the old to the new functionality, which is the ability to decide to scan a system or not, based on the layout.
Since any system like this would be by necessity slower than manually scanning in the FSS, due to NPCs being inferior to a human copilot, it would increase the time required to get the full system layout info to know if there's anything worth such players' time.

Same here (regarding the idea of having relevant NPC roles in the game), though to me it seems the FSS and DSS view mini-games are intended exploration gameplay. I'd mostly just prefer some other options for my play style approach in addition to them. I think a black body module for interpreting honks makes more sense in that context, something that could be optionally integrated with the gameplay mechanics without really taking away from either at a player's situational discretion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom