Imperal Cutter Jump + Fighter

Im searching for a Cutter Build with decent Jump Range for ez travel and the ability to fight and a SRV. Money is not a Problem and a little bit engineering is possible.

As hic says, they are great as you can save a build, then tinker to compare. You can also link the build here and ask for advice - I think people find it easier to critique and advise given a basic build to do this, so give it a go.

Just be a little wary if you do post your build here. Take the advice but stick to your own plan. You will receive a lot of advice on the 'perfect' build, but some of it will be contradictory to what others have said. Someone will tell you not to use the Cutter, someone will tell you not to bother with an SRV, someone will totally not understand what you are asking for and tell you something entirely different.

Buy all means ask but make up your own mind, you will be the one stuck in the ship for hours and hours, it helps if you are happy with it!

Just be a little wary if you do post your build here. Take the advice but stick to your own plan. You will receive a lot of advice on the 'perfect' build, but some of it will be contradictory to what others have said. Someone will tell you not to use the Cutter, someone will tell you not to bother with an SRV, someone will totally not understand what you are asking for and tell you something entirely different.

Buy all means ask but make up your own mind, you will be the one stuck in the ship for hours and hours, it helps if you are happy with it!

Excellent advice mooka

First - define "decent". One will say anything below 60 LYs would be gimping yourself, other will be super happy when barely breaking 40 LYs.

Some time ago I took Cutter for an exploration journey, this time I decided to take a fighter to break the monotonny. My build was obviously light weight but AFMU, fuel scoop in the biggest slots, SRV + SLF, medium sized shields and additional backup small AFMU I squeezed slightly above 50 LYs of max (49.5 LY laden). In reality it was 48-49 but we can agree it's 50-ish. Obviously G5 FSD engineering + guardian booster.

I'd say it's your ceiling and you won't pass that without loosing in the other fields (combat). Adding anything else will only reduce the range. As advised eariler - go into coriolis site and experiment with dry load outs, see what feets your needs and what performance it offers.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator

Use an Eagle, faster, more maneuverable, it is its own SLF, and the only thing you lose out is firepower, armor, shields, cargo capacity and maybe jump range ...

(what M00ka said, take the adivces you get, but don't believe anyone who tells you that your build is wrong. Others might be more effective, but do what you like, and what is fun to you)

The Cutter on it's own is a good ship for mining, hauling and some passenger situations. For all of those, you don't need/want weapons, nor a fighter, though a fighter can be useful for mining in some situations, like high RES mining.

If you want specific build details, you have to say specifically what you want to do with it. General purpose ships are rarely a good idea because whatever you do, you're compromised in some respect.

Top Bottom