News Important Newsletter Information

Yep, I'm not happy about the lack of https in the URL either. This could have been posted by someone who lifted Will's forum password and set up a phishing site. Please FDev, do the right thing.

It got my curiosity going ... I get that privacy laws are changing, and I even understand that you need people to re-register for the newsletter and such ...

But why do you need to dangle a carrot in front of people to get them to sign up? Why wouldn't people sign up anyway? Why the need for freebies?

Or are you more cynical than I am?

It got my curiosity going ... I get that privacy laws are changing, and I even understand that you need people to re-register for the newsletter and such ...

But why do you need to dangle a carrot in front of people to get them to sign up? Why wouldn't people sign up anyway? Why the need for freebies?

Or are you more cynical than I am?

Why are you complaining?

I'm asking as I genuinely don't understand what you are trying to say.

What do you mean by having to do this to stay in business?

General Data Protection Regulation came into effect in 2016. It becomes enforceable by law on 25 May 2018 and fines can be applied for non-compliance.

Previously, a company (FD) could assume consent to store and process customers' data. They can't do that any more. Customers now have to opt in to having their data stored and used and companies must be able to prove that consent was given.

Breaching the GDPR means that you could be fined 10 million euros or 2% of turnover, whichever is greater.

There are interesting times a-coming, and UK companies can't get out of it by saying the magic word "Brexit". The laws apply to data held about EU citizens by any company in any country, not only those countries in Europe.

I've signed up, but note that there is no option to receive only the newsletter but no promotional offers (first or third party).

What use is an anaconda paint job for someone who doesn't have an anaconda?
Answers on a postcard please ;)

Yeah, kinda my point earlier. Not everyone has every ship, and most people have a select number of favourites they go to. It would make far more sense to have a special paint job for all ships, and let you choose the one you want it for.

Decals, at least, are more broadly applicable, but honestly what are the odds it'll be one you'll actually use.

I suspect 95% of the people who get these won't actually use them, or if they do just for a day to try it out and then go back to their favourites.

Honestly, you should consider store credit in these things at some point, so people can choose a decal/paint job they'll actually use!

Signing up, but absolutely agree with Mossfoot. I don't own an Anaconda and never plan too. Would love an exclusive Courier or DBX skin though. :cool: A specific store credit (skins and decals) would be a great way to handle future offers like this.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Yeah, kinda my point earlier. Not everyone has every ship, and most people have a select number of favourites they go to. It would make far more sense to have a special paint job for all ships, and let you choose the one you want it for.

Decals, at least, are more broadly applicable, but honestly what are the odds it'll be one you'll actually use.

I suspect 95% of the people who get these won't actually use them, or if they do just for a day to try it out and then go back to their favourites.

I think a general paint job for all ships would be better, yeah.

I think a general paint job for all ships would be better, yeah.

Well, that might be excessive (just thinking from their marketing POV and how they are monetizing things), but I do like the idea of at least choosing which ship gets it.

Top Bottom