In the Beta Spirit...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This might blow your mind, but everyone doesn't have an agenda that they seemingly must adhere to, some people are actually having an honest discussion. The fact that you think acknowledging what other players want undermines an argument says a lot.

Querying why someone has apparently contradicted themselves seems perfectly natural to me.
But again, you prefer to make it personal with thinly veiled accusations regarding my integrity.

Your subjective view of their decision is irrelevant. Software companies make decisions that upset one person or another all the time. One person’s bad decision is another person’s good one.

The very software company you claim to work for hacked me off when they removed the fun little “blank slate” manned scenarios from Take On Mars when it hit full release. Do I nag them constantly about it? No. Why? Because it would be immature to do so.

That’s not the company I work for. We don’t make commercial games.

Again, your lack of knowledge of the reasoning does not equate to there not being a reason

As Big Mike said earlier, it’s highly likely that FDev want us to actually work for that coveted system map, rather than getting it for nothing. Until they themselves say otherwise, I think that’s a pretty reasonable conclusion.

It’s their game, and they can do what they like. A handful of malcontents doesn’t make a significant enough financial impact to warrant action. Therefore they have no real reason to go against their own decision.
The system map shouldn't be the 'coverted' reward, it's a tool just as the Orrery, a tool that should be used to explore the system.

Last edited:
The system map shouldn't be the 'converted' reward, it's a tool just as the Orrery, a tool that should be used to explore the system.
It’s not uncommon to have to work to get maps in games. I’m reminded of the “fog of war” in Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (and similar games).

Hey do me a favor and look up "burden of proof", and consider which of us made a claim, and which of us challenged it.

Fun fact: it was you making a claim! I hope you learned something today, though I doubt it.

FD’s one and only reponse on this topic:

Not that you deserve a response.

The system map shouldn't be the 'converted' reward, it's a tool just as the Orrery, a tool that should be used to explore the system.
Capture.PNG

Having a system map runs specifically contrary to the very idea of this.

"I'm off to explore the unknown! Oops, I almost forgot my detailed map of the unknown."

View attachment 154350

"I'm off to explore the unknown! Oops, I almost forgot my detailed map of the unknown."

Except it isn’t detailed - you guys keep forgetting what the ADS honk got you, and that DSS scanning was required to get the detail.

That actually did involve travelling, which was apparently the unnecessary part that drove the FSS approach.

View attachment 154350

I think you’ve hit upon something there.

When I explore now, it exciting because I have no quick guide to what’s in a system. I actually have to search for signals and work out the arrangement of the system. It’s more engaging and more “explore-y”, for lack of a better word.

If there was a device that circumvented this, it would seem very inconsistent. It really makes more sense to me for it to be one or the other.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom