INARA can now be linked with console

One question before I do this: Does this overwrite my current (manually set) fleet or complement it? I wouldn't want to see double of all my ships. :) This is excellent news either way!

One question before I do this: Does this overwrite my current (manually set) fleet or complement it? I wouldn't want to see double of all my ships. :) This is excellent news either way!

It seems to compliment any existing ships with their load out. Does appear to be a bit hit and miss though. Not always successful in doing so.

You will not see double of your ships. :)

Indeed. Unless of course you have two identical ships. :p

It seems to compliment any existing ships with their load out. Does appear to be a bit hit and miss though. Not always successful in doing so.

Indeed. Unless of course you have two identical ships. :p

Thanks. I linked my accounts, however I haven't noticed any changes. I guess it will update as soon as I log into the game today. Will keep an eye on what's happening.

So I linked my accounts yesterday without problems and played the game last night, too, but absolutely nothing has changed on my Inara profile. No up-to-date data has been imported. What gives? How does this work?

So I linked my accounts yesterday without problems and played the game last night, too, but absolutely nothing has changed on my Inara profile. No up-to-date data has been imported. What gives? How does this work?

Once you have linked your FD account with Inara. You'll then need to use the "Import Frontier Data" button.

Open your profile overview, It looks like this:

y4mgUGtxXwyIpv677nxiKpVKOaSnI1LavUPqDdU-2hrPVussquHpMjG5GTW4Qnv5iSaNbgOm2IeXBBlOJbQuoo-fCs9BYpOJ3QymELzdIhso5NYz1_MxSi8Ea7Civ0k85sTpaWpODHIqlitb2TMVv9Zp_YRDMtHk7u2XDyWvj5ESYeEAvKMuveIvgYS8zF9pwM6q4jnvg05EOI2dH8iGIoefw

You'll need to do it for each of your ships, it will only do the one that you are currently using.

Last edited:
Once you have linked your FD account with Inara. You'll then need to use the "Import Frontier Data" button.

Open your profile overview, It looks like this:

You'll need to do it for each of your ships, it will only do the one that you are currently using.

I did just that yesterday, that's what I meant "linking my accounts". I signed it with Xbox and allowed it to access my data (same for my Frontier account). It didn't do anything.

Edit: OK, I did it again just now and it pulled my credits/assets and my ship configuration. I thought linking would be enough and it will update every day. Seems like it has to be done manually every time. Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:
Edit: OK, I did it again just now and it pulled my credits/assets and my ship configuration. I thought linking would be enough and it will update every day. Seems like it has to be done manually every time. Thanks for the help. :)

Yep, it looks that needs to be manually updated... last night it messed up the "caps" non my ships. Since ship names are caps only (in the game) but I did type the names with standard letters they were all set back to no-caps.

Me ar' very precise pirate, so put'em all back 'ar caps! YARRR!

It would not be a bad idea to develop an app for Windows 10 / Xbox One, too.
Won't happen for xbox due to the crap microsoft put indis through to release apps... and SNAP function has been stripped form Xbox one So you can only view the app when not viewing the game kinda useless when you have to stop playing to boot the sandboxed app..

Could happen for PC now that edge is dumping there engine an moving to blink as all apps do to release on microsoft store is use a HTML5 launcher shell now this only clones the HTML5 web site but strips the browser GUI...

Mac and linux allready allow this by default with there web kit browsers shell... windows requires you re-code the web page to correct for edges bugged engine but once they move to chromes blink engine thats no going to be needed and a flood of apps using the HTML5 launchers shells can release...
So Inara could release on windows store then as it would mean zero site changes needed..
52590277_2523595241002849_734057125461884928_n.jpg

Just linked mine and now have inputted all my materials, Data, Raw etc into it from my spreadsheet, so much easier to see what is needed for engineering materials as it shows the number of materials you have. Only thing is you have to input your data manually. But what ever I collect I add again to my spreadsheet and save it as a 'Notepad' file on my desktop for easy retrieval. Just go into Inara and update it. Doesn't take long but it's worth doing.

Just linked mine and now have inputted all my materials, Data, Raw etc into it from my spreadsheet, so much easier to see what is needed for engineering materials as it shows the number of materials you have. Only thing is you have to input your data manually. But what ever I collect I add again to my spreadsheet and save it as a 'Notepad' file on my desktop for easy retrieval. Just go into Inara and update it. Doesn't take long but it's worth doing.
Hopefully INARA will update what it collects from FDev to the same as EDSM, which now collects cargo and materials info.
Screenshot_20190411-085610_Chrome.jpg

It does now but seems there is a problem with the ship/fleet configuration. Neither Inara norm EDSM seem to import the ship config isince the last update to the import...

It does now but seems there is a problem with the ship/fleet configuration. Neither Inara norm EDSM seem to import the ship config isince the last update to the import...
New update fixed currupt journal entry for ships, so this will now work for those effected by that bug.
Other issues were not fixed only that single ship issue, if the other ones are still broken then it will still fail...

Reached Elite in exploration approx 24 hours ago, updated my info on the Inara site and all looks good there, but my linked footer here still shows the old data. I know the site says it could be an hour or so, but it's been a day now. Is there something else I need to do?

Reached Elite in exploration approx 24 hours ago, updated my info on the Inara site and all looks good there, but my linked footer here still shows the old data. I know the site says it could be an hour or so, but it's been a day now. Is there something else I need to do?
Its when the cache for this site up dates for sigs not when Inara updates... the sigs will not update untill the cache server for images dumps the old images and refreshes...
This is currently set to Unlimited random time frame... you can't force the forum to do so as long as the URL for the image is the same the sites servers are not replacing the image....
Temp upload the image to another site and then replace the URL in the sig section... as it currently can take WEEKs for the cache images on server to be flushed...
Multi Topics about it in off topic forum section...

Top Bottom