INARA can now be linked with console

Reached Elite in exploration approx 24 hours ago, updated my info on the Inara site and all looks good there, but my linked footer here still shows the old data. I know the site says it could be an hour or so, but it's been a day now. Is there something else I need to do?

It's your browser retaining the old version in it's local cache. You can attempt a forced refresh with Ctrl+F5, which will normally fix this. Alternatively, clear out your browsers cache via it's settings.

Congrats on your recent rank up!

Can someone please help as no matter what i do it will not let me link accounts.. i am on XBOX and have ..
1. pressed the import frontier data
2. (it goes to another screen which also has the import frontier data which i also press)
3. it then takes me to a choice of platforms , it says, select your platform for connection to frontier authentication service (frontier, steam, xbox and playstation) i press Xbox
it then takes me to number 3 again but with this paragraph at the bottom...
An error occurred or the access was denied. Please try to connect to Frontier Authentication server again, grant inara permission to access your data there or wait a while if the service is offline.

What am i doing wrong? is it step 3 and i am not supossed to press xbox?
any help would be gratuitously welcomed.

I had to log into my xbox account and allow Inara api to read data

I have to say that i'm pretty happy with it. I was starting to lose track of my ships config and materials

GOOD NEWS everyone the import CMDR data feature is now working for consoles on inara.cz.
go to your profile there and it's as simple as 3 clicks

You Lie!! haha

GOOD NEWS everyone the import CMDR data feature is now working for consoles on inara.cz.
go to your profile there and it's as simple as 3 clicks

You Lie!! haha
Have you tried logging in at https://auth.frontierstore.net/ and checking your Authorized Applications - Inara should be one of those. The first time you successfully connect to Frontier from the Inara website it should ask you if you want to allow Inara to access your data. If you didn't get that message perhaps your login to Frontier was unsuccessful (wrong password?)

Have you tried logging in at https://auth.frontierstore.net/ and checking your Authorized Applications - Inara should be one of those. The first time you successfully connect to Frontier from the Inara website it should ask you if you want to allow Inara to access your data. If you didn't get that message perhaps your login to Frontier was unsuccessful (wrong password?)

No I haven't! haha thank you good sir for that extra piece of information. As you rightly say, as I haven't received that message I am missing a step so I will do that and hopefully get linked!
I'll be back..

Update. Going to go through all the steps so if I have missed something someone might see it and correct me.. I

So, I created an account with Frontier (was sure I had one before but apparently not) and then clicked the link and it takes me to a page which is ..

AUTHORISED APPLICATIONS: User Portal has access to: email, name and customer ID. Elite Commander details. Third party details provided by a partner such as xbox live or playstation network. INARA: has access to: email, name and customer ID. Elite Commander Details.

All are authorized as next to the lists it states: Deauthorise.

So, all good? It seems so…

I Log in to Inara and click the import frontier data button.

I get taken to a page which has four buttons: Frontier, Steam, Xbox and playstation. Above these buttons it states: To finish the action, you will be forwarded to frontier authentication service where you must log in using your platform credentials and grant inara an access. You will be moved back to inara after that.

I press the frontier button and am forwarded to the frontier log in. I input my details and do the snapcha find the storefronts and then am taken back to the above page with the four buttons and below them are these statements: An error occurred or the access was denied. Please try to connect to Frontier authentication service again, grant inara a permission to access your data there or wait a while if the service is offline. Details: not possible to obtain user data from cAPL. The frontier’s service is down or cAPI didn’t return any relevant data, please try to repeat your request later. (httpCode: 302, fetchCode: 0) ERROR: There was not possible to update your commander data.

I then press the XBOX Button. It then looks like it is loading a different page but stays on the same page with the four buttons and it says below. An error occurred or the access was denied. Please try to connect to Frontier authentication service again, grant inara a permission to access your data there or wait a while if the service is offline. Details: Access denied by user.

I keep trying probably 15 to 20 times over the course of 3 hours but ALWAYS get the same as above.

What am I/have I doing/done wrong?

I get taken to a page which has four buttons: Frontier, Steam, Xbox and playstation. Above these buttons it states: To finish the action, you will be forwarded to frontier authentication service where you must log in using your platform credentials and grant inara an access. You will be moved back to inara after that.

I press the frontier button and am forwarded to the frontier log in ...

Well, if you play on XBox weren't you supposed to chose XBox? Why Frontier?

So, I created an account with Frontier (was sure I had one before but apparently not) and then clicked the link and it takes me to a page which is ..
I may be mistaken, since for me it was along time ago, but don't you have to have a Frontier account to play on XBOX, and so shouldn't you be using that account name and password to login to Frontier? And, yes, you should be clicking on XBOX, not Frontier, when you login. Inara needs to get the data from the account you use to play the game, so if it tries to get it from your newly-created account there will be no data to grab, and that's probably why it gets an error.

Thank you ever so much for your help commanders.

I will keep trying but have tried now nearly 50 times all through the xbox button and it just sends me back to the same page with the four options and states.. An error occurred or the access was denied. Please try to connect to Frontier authentication service again, grant inara a permission to access your data there or wait a while if the service is offline. Details: Access denied by user.

have tried to log a ticket but they have made that process such a head ache i gave up which is probably their intended design.

I'd say you clear browser cache and start it all over.
I linked my xbox account to inara like one week ago and it went absolutely flawless.
And i'm pretty sure you need to select XBox not frontier/steam/PS4

Thank you ever so much for your help commanders.

I will keep trying but have tried now nearly 50 times all through the xbox button and it just sends me back to the same page with the four options and states.. An error occurred or the access was denied. Please try to connect to Frontier authentication service again, grant inara a permission to access your data there or wait a while if the service is offline. Details: Access denied by user.

have tried to log a ticket but they have made that process such a head ache i gave up which is probably their intended design.
As an XBox player, you need to log in with your XBox account, please unlink your account on Inara and link them again using your XBox account (be sure you are using a correct one and you are also granting all the permissions required in the following steps). If it won't work, please drop me a PM on Inara, so I can check the logs. As you are currently using a Frontier account for login (that doesn't seem to contain any information related to the game), it won't make any update and also won't connect the accounts.

As an XBox player, you need to log in with your XBox account, please unlink your account on Inara and link them again using your XBox account (be sure you are using a correct one and you are also granting all the permissions required in the following steps). If it won't work, please drop me a PM on Inara, so I can check the logs. As you are currently using a Frontier account for login (that doesn't seem to contain any information related to the game), it won't make any update and also won't connect the accounts.
Many thanks for your reply. I used a link a commander kindly posted ( https://auth.frontierstore.net/ ) indicating that i needed to login through the link and set my authorizations to allow permissions. which i did but still no dice.
Please, can you advise how i would 'log in with your XBox account, please unlink your account on Inara and link them again using your XBox account'
as i am automatically logged in everytime i open inara and the only login details i have are the ones that ive always had...

Head to your account settings on Inara here: https://inara.cz/settings-commander/ and there is an orange button "Reset link" in the Commander and name widget. Now, connect the accounts again, choose the XBox icon, then it should redirect you to XBox live/Frontier site where you log in, approve all the permissions and so on and after all this stuff it redirects you back to Inara, where (in the ideal case) you should get a confirmation everything went alright. If it does log you to XBox live site under wrong account, please log out there first (before the account linking process). You definitely do not need to create a new Frontier account or do anything on the Frontier auth separately, outside of this process. :)

Head to your account settings on Inara here: https://inara.cz/settings-commander/ and there is an orange button "Reset link" in the Commander and name widget. Now, connect the accounts again, choose the XBox icon, then it should redirect you to XBox live/Frontier site where you log in, approve all the permissions and so on and after all this stuff it redirects you back to Inara, where (in the ideal case) you should get a confirmation everything went alright. If it does log you to XBox live site under wrong account, please log out there first (before the account linking process). You definitely do not need to create a new Frontier account or do anything on the Frontier auth separately, outside of this process. :)
Thank you Commanders for your continued input, much obliged.
I will do that as soon as i get home from work as i have been doing this all day instead of work and should get something done today haha i do not know where i am going to find 3 and a half hours to fill in my time sheet!!
I'll be back..

Last edited:
Mate, I have been all over and cannot for the life of me see a "reset Link" button.. the closest I found was a "link your account" button that I pressed and it takes me to the page with the four options again (frontier, steam, xbox and playstation) so I press Xbox again and it took me to a Microsoft sign in page, entered my email and then password and it then takes me back to the page with the four buttons and this statement underneath.. 'An error occurred or the access was denied. Please try to connect to Frontier authentication service again, grant inara a permission to access your data there or wait a while if the service is offline. Details: Access denied by user.'
Is there somehow you can show me where this 'recent link' button is? like post a couple of screenshots of the route to get to the 'reset link' button?
I truly appreciate everyone's efforts to help me resolve this and if I could buy you all a bear, I would.

Ah, I thought you are having a wrong account linked already (my mistake). Ignore the reset link part then. It seems to be an interesting and very specific problem and I am not entirely sure about its cause. I will send you a PM and we can get through it, so we won't bother other users. :)

Ah, I thought you are having a wrong account linked already (my mistake). Ignore the reset link part then. It seems to be an interesting and very specific problem and I am not entirely sure about its cause. I will send you a PM and we can get through it, so we won't bother other users. :)
You are a good man!

yea, me
i was losing track of ships engineering and materials and stuff
not anymore

you can choose what to make public from your profile, so it's quite ok

Top Bottom