In-Development Information Display for Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

last issue, although I don't think this is likely more to be a windows 10 / driver / logitech issue.

When I reboot my computer the display doesn't come back to life unless I physically unplug / plug the USB cable back in. I can see that it's powered up as the backlight is deffinitely on, but when I then launch Elite.exe the panel doesn't display anything, it doesn't even do the logitech slide show unless I physical disconnect and reconnect it again ? anyone else experienced this and is there a solution. I alredy looked a fix in the registry to disable powerstates for this device, but that doesn't seem to have worked either (saw it on youtube as someone else reported similar issues but in FSX)

if you don't see the logitech slideshow on the panels, then the logitech driver doesn't see the FIP devices and then elite.exe also won't do anything...

You will probably need to use a powered USB2 hub.

Last edited:
using an Anker powered 60W USB hub. i use this for my HOTAS (X56) and that hasn't had any issues. Is there any other changes I can make to the device profile regarding power management as it looks like a start up issue when doing a cold boot

I also have an Anker powered USB3 hub, that I use for my joystick and my FIPs did not work reliably with that hub.

I moved both my FIP panels to a +/-10 year old powered USB2 hub and all was ok.

The FIP hardware + firmware + drivers was designed 10 years ago, probably before USB 3 was a thing..

Maybe you can try a USB2 port on your motherboard, instead of a hub.

Last edited:
using an Anker powered 60W USB hub. i use this for my HOTAS (X56) and that hasn't had any issues. Is there any other changes I can make to the device profile regarding power management as it looks like a start up issue when doing a cold boot

I have a D-link powered USB 2 hub with three FIPs attached and no issues - I also have powered USB 3 hubs and the FIPs would sometimes not initialise on those.

I also have an Anker powered USB3 hub, that I use for my joystick and my FIPs did not work reliably with that hub.

I moved both my FIP panels to a +/-10 year old powered USB2 hub and all was ok.

The FIP hardware + firmware + drivers was designed 10 years ago, probably before USB 3 was a thing..

Maybe you can try a USB2 port on your motherboard, instead of a hub.

yes, thats what it was changed the port to one of the 2.0 ports on the front of the computer and it works ok. Just don't like having that cable hanging out of the front and it also knackers the cable management plan I was sorting out for HOTAS, the button box I made, the FIP, mouse and keyboard etc.

SO then I started thinking if it's a power up issue I could make an inline on/off switch so that when I boot up the PC there is no power going down the USB line to the FIP then power it on once the PC is booted as this should be the same as physically pulling the cable and putting it back. Will try that to see if powering up the FIP after booting to windows helps when connected to USB 3.

Hi there, I'm receiving a virus threat found message when downloading the latest zip file!

Attachments

• ELITE.png
    ELITE.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 184
That's got to be a false positive,

but if you don't trust it then you can always compile the software from the source code yourself

Last edited:
re: Win32/Wacatac.D1!ml trojan false positive :

it seems to be common :

re: Win32/Wacatac.D1!ml trojan false positive :

it seems to be common :

I did some research myself and yup, false positive! Sorry for that... I've been using your FIP app on ED and its awesome! no issues so far, I just wish you have the chance to add even more stuff, thanks!

Last edited:
That's got to be a false positive,

but if you don't trust it then you can always compile the software from the source code yourself

One of the annoying things about W10 2004 update is that it is such a nanny that it removed the app and quarantined it because of this - but without telling you. 2004 is now removed from my machine.

version 1.5.4

A sound is played when menu options are selected.
This sound can be changed or disabled by editing the 'clickSound' key in appsettings.config (44.1kHz stereo wav)

Revised button led logic while menu is open.

Last edited:
version 1.5.4

A sound is played when menu options are selected.
This sound can be changed or disabled by editing the 'clickSound' key in appsettings.config

Revised button led logic while menu is open.

sorry again, noob question here. What are the other lists of available sounds / where can I find them. Are they in the elite game files ?

There is now a new sounds directory.
You can put your own wav files in there. (44.1kHz stereo)

Last edited:
version 1.5.5

move system map to a new card on the navigation tab

fix error in beep-3.wav (must be 44.1kHz stereo)

add new engineers tab (where system map used to be)

show body name where available (mining, poi, powers, engineers)

Last edited:
version 1.5.6

handle EngineerProgress event and display on engineers tab

Add available engineering modules and grade for each engineer (this data was copied from edengineer)

7j6idkP.png

I'm interested in getting these panels, but they're pretty steep in price! I need more convincing! Anyone have a youtube video of these in action?

Top Bottom