Inhabited Generation Ship (The Golconda)

can we infect them the fun way?
Just remember that many of the diseases that are now extinct may stil be alive and well onboard that ship, infection the fun way is a two way street. Would you really want to release the horrors of viral rhinopharyngitis on a population that haven’t been exposed to it since it was eliminated in the years after that ship set off (making reliable voice recognition systems possible)?

Oh. Another tourist spot. Okay. I'm guessing it is voice logs with 4 or 6 entries and some creepy sounds. I think I have seen this a few times before. Inhabited doesn't change anything.

Just remember that many of the diseases that are now extinct may stil be alive and well onboard that ship, infection the fun way is a two way street. Would you really want to release the horrors of viral rhinopharyngitis on a population that haven’t been exposed to it since it was eliminated in the years after that ship set off (making reliable voice recognition systems possible)?

meh. I’ll risk a rebuy. Not like I have any large expenses coming up next month....

Did anyone get close enough to the galconda to hear the really creepy high pitched noises coming from it. It's almost identical to the anaconda engines revving up but it's higher pitched and bigger sounding. You have to be within the 200m or less to hear it. It's very loud.

I'm in an anaconda while visiting it. It's literally my anaconda engine sounds modified to be louder and more annoying.

Has anyone noticed that there are little difference between text and the verbally stated things by the voice actors. I wonder if it's not on accident. Maybe if they are listed it makes some sort of other message or clues to something. Or an intentional message by the crew to hint at something.

The first message the voice actor adds the word, "your". I think the same message has a word removed also, but I can't find it. The third message text is missing a ",". I think many of these typse of messages have oddities like this. I wonder if they add up.

Last edited:
Oh. Another tourist spot. Okay. I'm guessing it is voice logs with 4 or 6 entries and some creepy sounds. I think I have seen this a few times before. Inhabited doesn't change anything.
Correct, if I remember correctly there are 5 logs in total. It's of course a 1-way communication, you can't interact with them at all. It really seems another place holder but I don't understand why they wanted to talk about it on Galnet.

Did anyone get close enough to the galconda to hear the really creepy high pitched noises coming from it. It's almost identical to the anaconda engines revving up but it's higher pitched and bigger sounding. You have to be within the 200m or less to hear it. It's very loud.

I'm in an anaconda while visiting it. It's literally my anaconda engine sounds modified to be louder and more annoying.

Has anyone noticed that there are little difference between text and the verbally stated things by the voice actors. I wonder if it's not on accident. Maybe if they are listed it makes some sort of other message or clues to something.
Yes I heard it. It looks to me a proximity warning generated by the galconda (galnet anaconda? :rolleyes:). It reminds me the air-raid sirens anyway. It's maybe for the people inside.

Last edited:
Despite it'll be off-screen narrative, like it or not, those people on the Golconda will not be allowed to be left alone. Space is inhabited now by factions and super powers. Despite their wishes of their security officer, their tech is horribly outdated and they said it themselves, they can't sterilize a ship of that size anymore. If anything they should disembark and find a way to get a modern ship (maybe sell the Golconda as a tourist attraction or museum relic). With modern tech, modern medicine, and an FSD, if they really want to live in Isolation, they can just get a new megaship / carrier and go outside the galaxy since that's probably the safest choice with Thargoids around and Guardians coming back in some form as the more we poke around their ruins and re-activate stuff, the more we find out about them.

Their current wishes for isolation and supplies are unrealistic. They'll get the medicine gladly from everyone but they aren't gonna just be continuing on their merry way (plus it'll be a perfect ship to be a target for slavers and such, left to their own they can't protect themselves from those who will just destroy the engines, breach the plant-growing domes, and forcibly boarded and enslaved. The best outcome for them is to at least temporarily join the modern humanity and use their relic of a ship to afford a modern ship.

This is not a typical generation ship, it's 9.6 KLs from the primary where I just dropped in at the nav beacon and I can already see it, instead of visibility being limited to 1000 Ls, maybe because it has power?

This is not a typical generation ship, it's 9.6 KLs from the primary where I just dropped in at the nav beacon and I can already see it, instead of visibility being limited to 1000 Ls, maybe because it has power?
I think you can see it because it has already been discovered by other players or because it's a POI placed there by FDEV with a different scope

I don't know if this is interesting, but the closest orientation on it's heading I can get is in the direction of, "COL 285 Sector MZ-F C11-8". This is by lining up with the nose and then turning around to face the other direction using markers on the ship. Namely the number 0 readable item on the nose.

Tracing it backwards from the system it is currently in makes it get very close to sols location as a potential starting point. Assuming a straight line.

BTW, does anyone know where it was supposed to be headed. Or where it started.

I don't know if this is interesting, but the closest orientation I can get is in the direction of, "COL 285 Sector MZ-F C11-8".

Tracing it backwards from the system it is currently in makes it get very close to sols location as a potential starting point. Assuming a straight line.
As origin or next destination?

That col 285 system is the seeming heading of the ship where it stands. That is the direction the tip of the generation ship is facing towards. I have no idea as to where it is going specifically. But you can use it to zoom inbtween it and it's current desitnation by lining up the destination triangles in the galmap and zoom back to see where it may be coming from. No idea where it was heading.

Obviously where it's pointing may not be it's exact travel direction. I'm assuming it stopped in a straight line without turning. Or does it have to turn around to stop and It should be in the opposite direction?! Does it angle and use the sun to stop or does it have reverse thrusters or something?!

Not sure I guess. That is just the direction it is currently pointing.

Last time I went to the Lycaor (pre-FSS) it didn't show up outside 1000 Ls despite it being discovered.
Ah now I see, yes with the FSS this has changed. I remember it was the same for the Guardian Sites but now they appear directly in the FSS whatever the distance

Top Bottom