Inner Moons List

One more nice ring with shepherd moons in Phae Chria QL-Z b44-0.
AWTyjQV.jpg

4SyDaX9.jpg

vKXu7VO.jpg

Four Shepherd moons. The main star is a Black Hole and the rings were not visible, nor did they appear on the orrery. Not sure if that is usual?
zuvIdUU.png

Moon list from Observatory app.
a5OveFx.png

Found a brown dwarf on the roof of the galaxy with a couple of shepherd moons. I particularly like how the outer ring gets lost in the background of the galactic disc and turns into a rainbow.

X20HMdr.png

6RS1a1m.png

I've just discovered another - in Kepler's Crest and in a very sparse region (the nearest neighbour is 57Lyrs).
Gongue_NR-C_d0_A6d_2.jpg

Gongue NR-C d0 A6
Gongue_NR-C_d0_Orrery.png
All the moons are landable and the only one outside the 3rd rings is moon D which is in an eccentric orbit, which means nice views from the surface:
Gongue_NR-C_d0_A6d_eccentricMoonInOrbit_of_GGIIwith3rings_shepherdMoons_AllLandable_2.png
It also has great gravity for driving (I like it anyway) - 0.12g.
The inner moons have some nice features, e.g.:
Gongue_NR-C_d0_A6a.png

20200820230609_1.jpg
The system is also a Green system.

Last edited:
Are you just recording moons between rings or do you count them close to the outer edge?
Well I add to the table only moons inside rings, though, actually, in real world moons on the outer edge would also count as shepherds.

But. Moons close to the rings edge look cool, so if you have nice pics -- post them here :)
UxjwQvt.jpg

UPD. I also have a gif of a lunar flyby from the ring, though I have no idea of how to paste it here.

Last edited:
I'll post pictures in a few days. The moons have overlapping orbits and should come close to colliding every 8 days.

So I should be able to at least get a picture of both on the edge of the rings when they are next due to pass.

Its a pretty special system :)

And one more nice system, reported by cmdr. Smoht: Blae Phoea KA-C d14-85
Discovered 09/16/3306, this system contains a good number of ringed bodies, among which stands out the number 7.
This Sudarsky class III gas giant has 2 rings, with the particularity that the outer ring has a inner radius of 3.170.600km.
This causes that 3 of the 4 bodies that orbit the GG are between the outer an the inner ring.
The fourth body is a Water world, of course ringed too, that orbits the entire set.
TY1ATS7.jpg

oXXQgHv.jpg

KI5MPVl.jpg

dFbEm0S.jpg

Top Bottom