INRA Base Discoveries

Honestly its starting to occur to me that I dont think the mycoid only JUST targeted there hyperdrivers... I think what it did to the thargoids is akin to what fire can do to us

I checked HIP 17158 (less than 100ly from HIP 7185), just in case they left out the first number, but the system is empty.

HIP 7518 might be worth a look - I typoed that first actually - but, don't have the system map for it.

Last edited:
Honestly its starting to occur to me that I dont think the mycoid only JUST targeted there hyperdrivers... I think what it did to the thargoids is akin to what fire can do to us

See my now spoilered screenshots from Alnath - you can quite graphically see what it did to them, or whats left of them.

Last edited:
Or we might be looking for the remains of a wrecked convoy or somesuch, it's what I'd do if I was writing it - a damaged megaship in the system maybe ?

Looking. No sign of anything. There was a high wake nearby when I arrived, but that's all.

HIP 7518 might be worth a look - I typoed that first actually - but, don't have the system map for it.

I thought about that as well, but decided it's a bit too far away - but it can't be ruled out.

It is voice acted, though, and the woman says the same thing as it reads in the log - I don't think it is written in error.
frown.png

Good point, but that doesn't completely rule out a (copy & paste) error.

Last edited:
I thought the rumours that humanity had committed an atrocity were well known. This just clears up that it was knowingly done.

It is voice acted, though, and the woman says the same thing as it reads in the log - I don't think it is written in error. :(

Unless it was a script error.

That said what type of planet is HIP 7158 A 2 D

Have the INRA bases that housed Thargoid Tech and Thargoids chosen due to being easier to create an environment for them.
Easier to start too cold and warm up, that try to cool?

I stopped by the planet, then 1 minute later a System Authority Ship with No Faction appeared to scan me - Vulture, looked silver/black like a regular vulture?

Just scanned its High Wake and it headed here: HIP 7618

CSy7rZ5.jpg

And that system is also 0 pop...

fR1JDAa.jpg

As for the searching method, here is some details (How I have always done it, at least) :

Graphics settings : Low (be sure that everything is set to the very minimum, EXCEPT "Model Drawing Distance", set to max) / Gamma to max / Field of view to max
The above will effectively simplify planetary surfaces as much as possible, and remove any visual clutter (like AO, strong shadows, etc)

Planetary features :

- Terminator and/or dark side
- Near "important features" eg. stick "big" next to the following : craters, canyons, mountains
- Nearly always the presence of POI parker circles on your radar when you're close to it

Race on ! o7

Great info, thanks! How high from the surface should we fly and scan? Like 5km agl? And how far horizontally should we expect to spot something?

Sounds like it attacked the nervous system

Does make me wonder if the Flower Ships scooping Human escape pods suffer "corrosive cargo damage" if we are so much warmer than them

I stopped by the planet, then 1 minute later a System Authority Ship with No Faction appeared to scan me - Vulture, looked silver/black like a regular vulture?

Just scanned its High Wake and it headed here: HIP 7618

And that system is also 0 pop...

https://i.imgur.com/fR1JDAa.jpg

Interesting - getting late for me - and did I mention I had a hold full of Illegal Thargoid tech, bio samples, honesty pills, nerve gas and other innocent salvage when tonights little race started off ? :p
Getting scanned by authority ships is high on my list of things not to have happen :cool:

Btw as we have seen - many of the researchers didn't agree with the Mycoid, and the previous batch was perhaps sabotaged ? and the site leader ..... "replaced" - maybe that last convoy got sent someplace else ?
Watch for any news stories on the fate of the staff, might give us a lead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom