INRA Base Discoveries

All about looking for listening posts/mega ships/installations/generation ships in regions you think might be relevant, and looking for "herald" news articles in local news too.

What color would you say the planet is in the clip? Ignoreing the base tracks which a brownish, ice white? White? Is it an ice planet?

What color would you say the planet is in the clip? Ignoreing the base tracks which a brownish, ice white? White? Is it an ice planet?

Beige :D

With some grey areas.

Just made a new capture of the scenery, from the 4k youtube version, and tryed to enhanced the pic to get more details by tunning the levels, the luminosity and the contrast.
If it can help.

5jyDpOI.jpg

Last edited:

On the pics, we see clear streaks that could probably is caused by the mycoid virus. It is the same kind of streaks we saw on the Thargoid Scout, so if there is some mycoid on the tanks, it could be very usefull. Just saying.

In that case you might want to look around the California Nebula, there could be a biological weapons research facility.

Not sure if there is any need to find samples of the mycoid virus, I would assume that all relevant data is in the federal and imperial and Alliance databases.

In that case you might want to look around the California Nebula, there could be a biological weapons research facility.

Not sure if there is any need to find samples of the mycoid virus, I would assume that all relevant data is in the federal and imperial and Alliance databases.

The INRA never went out that far back in the day, pretty sure in the books the furthest they went out was Myackce? if thats how you say it? But whats where they deployed the mycoid virus in the biggest battle there was, or so it was told that way at least.

Beige :D

With some grey areas.

Beige? https://i.imgur.com/YJ0WYpl.jpg i clearly see white in this picture (ignoreing the ground the SRVs are on)

Yes, good idea. Even I think the same as Cookie, it is a bit far. But if this base was build recently, why not.
There is a Alliance base controled by Mic Turner Research there.

Last edited:
The INRA never went out that far back in the day, pretty sure in the books the furthest they went out was Myackce? if thats how you say it? But whats where they deployed the mycoid virus in the biggest battle there was, or so it was told that way at least.

I'm not talking about INRA.

Aegis.
Aegis is the successor of INRA. Now with the Alliance.
There is a research facility of the Alliance in the California Nebula. There have been hints that this facility is used for dubious research. There are space-fungi in the vicinity.
Aegis is developing anti-thargoid weapons in the open. With the help of engineers. It can't get more obvious.

I'm not talking about INRA.

Aegis.
Aegis is the successor of INRA. Now with the Alliance.
There is a research facility of the Alliance in the California Nebula. There have been hints that this facility is used for dubious research. There are space-fungi in the vicinity.
Aegis is developing anti-thargoid weapons in the open. With the help of engineers. It can't get more obvious.

Yeah I suppose, im gonna search this planet some more first though before I head out there. tbh though i doubt ill find anything planets too big on my own

https://i.imgur.com/xnfGzxO.png this planet looks a lot like the one from the trailer... like from the trailer i can see there is a raveen, its white on teh sides and stuff, im gonna search it, anyone wanna join?

Sounds very interesting.
Unfortunatly, I can't join you right now (RL makes me busy actually).
I forward the info to Wing Atlantis right now Cmdr !

So, I forwarded the information CookieJarviz.
I'll head to Hermitage as soon as RL free me.

Last edited:
Thanks commanders. Thank you for your very interesting answers.
Hope FD has implemented this base. We think sincerely this sequence was shown for a precise objective

During Frontier Expo 2017, a teaser was broadcasted. It shows what will happend ingame during the next weeks regarding the narrative Frontier began with 2.4 around the Thargoids return.

This short video showed us some elements that went unnoticed until then, except for observers attentive to everything related to the Lore.
You can see two tanks with the inscription INRA on it, as well as a yellow logo resembling the biohazard logo that we all know.

And also what seems to be the entrance of an abandoned outpost, bearing the same inscription.

On Saturday the 7th of October, in the evening, right after this live broadcast, we decided to start organizing research.
Two groups are currently involved in this research.
These are Wing Atlantis and OSIRIS.
These two groups are francophone groups.
The first was created a few months ago by me. The second is a group that has also existed for several months, created by Alex Ringess and Yuksarr, but whose existence was hitherto kept secret for security reasons.
We began our research by digging the old Lore, as Salomé and Rebecca had suggested.

Feel free to indicate in comments below your reflections, indices discovered, etc.

The more we will conduct these researches, the faster we shall find.
Making this discovery seems to have some importance in more ways than one, the most immediate being that if both reservoirs still contain traces of the mycoid virus, then this could be useful to humanity to defend themselves from the threat of the new thargoids who comes and that video also unveiled.

What we know

In the last missions that were proposed in Frontier: First Encounters (Silver Quest), it was about New Rossyth, supposed to be located near Alioth or Alioth. There is little chance that we find New Rossyth ingame today, however, we went to Alioth and its vicinity to do some research, without success. Anyway, we think that this area deserve to be digged more deeply.
During the FX17 conference, when Galnet Audio was mentioned, a video was shown to illustrate the feature. At the very beginning of this broadcast, a news appears on the Galnet's UI, mentioning the attack of a military outpost at Epsilon Indi by the Thargoids. We conducted research at Epsilon Indi without finding anything. However, that does not mean that nothing is there. Perhaps it would be worthwhile for other commanders to go there to conduct this research.

A fan fiction, Pritchard On The Frontier, inspired by Frontier: First Encounter relying on the Argent Quest mission arc evokes the creation of the mycoid virus by INRA through the story of Maximilian Weaver. Perhaps it contains clues that could be useful in this research. These elements, however, must be taken with caution because they are not in the official lore, and if systems are mentioned, they will certainly have changed names if they are currently ingame.

Another source of information that may be useful is John Harper's And Here The Wheel.
This novel is part of the official lore, Drew Wagar said. The story told by this novel is perhaps the most recent mention of INRA that we had.

We will update this thread as your comments enrich it. Above all do not hesitate to make your contribution.

Thank you.

I like the look of the emblem from INRA. It really looks like a mix of Federation, Empire and Alliance emblems =P

I've enhanced that base station image for the star pattern

We can see here clearly the Pleiades right under the entry label. Now we need a genius that can tell which stars that are and do some math for triangulated distance and we have the place :D
Really....it's easy.... [haha]

We can see here clearly the Pleiades right under the entry label. Now we need a genius that can tell which stars that are and do some math for triangulated distance and we have the place :D
Really....it's easy.... [haha]

The Pleiades constellation thing you mentionned is interesting.
First we thought it could be Orion. But the Pleiades sounds better, due to the kind of stars we see.

Top Bottom