Inspired by EVEonline

I was watching a videoclip about eveonline particularly the emphasis on PvP and I was suddenly inspired by a potentially MASSIVE change to Elite Dangerous:

Once a player hits 5 billion credits (or whatever) the game invites them to create their own empire. If the player agrees, the game transports them to a seperate unchartered part of the universe where the player can start building an empire using a mixture of NPCs and player invites. Game gives the player a time limit (maybe 1 month) during which time they buildup their empire using NPC and human players, understand the rival (player) empires and develop defense and attack assets. After the time limit expires, the player's empire is fully exposed to attacks from rival human-created empires, basically PvP empire wars.

I think this change, whilst massive will change the entire dynamics of the game and give it much needed longevity

The last thing I would like to see in ED are some stupid guilds fighting for some piece of excrement.
Luckily, the P2P/instance design of ED will not allow this, so I do not need to be affraid about some "PvP empire wars". :)

I was watching a videoclip about eveonline particularly the emphasis on PvP and I was suddenly inspired by a potentially MASSIVE change to Elite Dangerous:

Once a player hits 5 billion credits (or whatever) the game invites them to create their own empire. If the player agrees, the game transports them to a seperate unchartered part of the universe where the player can start building an empire using a mixture of NPCs and player invites. Game gives the player a time limit (maybe 1 month) during which time they buildup their empire using NPC and human players, understand the rival (player) empires and develop defense and attack assets. After the time limit expires, the player's empire is fully exposed to attacks from rival human-created empires, basically PvP empire wars.

I think this change, whilst massive will change the entire dynamics of the game and give it much needed longevity
FD wants ED to be EVE this is Evident, but everything you said is literally the worst thing ive seen on the forums, Nothing you said has ANY thing to do with EVE. What you want is to turn ED into basically another copy paste mobile game

Megaships seem to be as big as space stations. I have no idea if they can store ships but if so this could work. a gamer could buy a mega-ship starter pack starting price 1B credits containing maybe 100 NPC ships orbiting a planet as the basis of their empire. They can then invite upto 50 players to join their empire megaship and then start fortifying their empire. After 30 days the empireship can participate in empire wars

I would like to see these features implemented solely to see OP's follow-up meltdown about how vulnerable his little empire is to randos messing with his systems' BGSs... to say nothing of dedicated player opposition.

No meltdown. I had meltdowns when NPC anaconda pirates on contract kills repeatedly quit the battlescene only to reappear seconds later fully weaponized. It was a good strategy by frontier developers to weardown gamers and force them to quit playing

dxm55

Banned

You mean create your own corporation or faction?
Even EVE-Online does not allow you to create your own major superpower.

I think player factions are already a thing? Are they not?

Squadrons are too, but they're basically nothing but a guild for players to get together and socialize.
There's no actual progression or competition with each other. It's just a club for nerds to herd together basically.

yes but EVEonline it's not the same game, I did not play long, but if on EVEonline you can create his empire, for against we do not really pilot our ship, it looks like a "point & click" spacial (our ship literally crosses planets and stations in EVEOnline, no collision management).

the developers of EVE online we privilege the management aspect more than the piloting aspect, to play a good game in both areas, at the same time, requires a much larger work or team, I understand that he has choices to make.

Last edited:
I support group or squadron managed star systems even in the most basic form. Because it adds more end-game goals and gameplay such as defend your star system and/or conquer others. It could be in some remote section of the galaxy and completely optional so that regular players aren't bothered.

BTW I can never understand why game developers don't create ingame advertising. The capability is there, as the gamer enters a space station they are surrounded by fictional adverts so why doesn't frontier offer realworld advertising instead?

Play Planet Entropia. They’re loaded with real world commercials.

Here’s the thing:

Commercials suck. The advertising industry turns everything it touches into pure, raw sewage. Just look at what it’s done to the Internet.

So I can’t support the notion of trashing up the game with more unwanted advertising.

As for the EVE Inspiration... I would want to stop gaining credits at 4,999,999,999 just to NOT have to endure that.

EVE is one of the worst grinds, disguised as a wallet-suck, disguised as a game to cover up one of the worst communities that ever has or ever will exist.

Play Planet Entropia. They’re loaded with real world commercials.

Here’s the thing:

Commercials suck. The advertising industry turns everything it touches into pure, raw sewage. Just look at what it’s done to the Internet.

So I can’t support the notion of trashing up the game with more unwanted advertising.

As for the EVE Inspiration... I would want to stop gaining credits at 4,999,999,999 just to NOT have to endure that.

EVE is one of the worst grinds, disguised as a wallet-suck, disguised as a game to cover up one of the worst communities that ever has or ever will exist.
Are you trying to tell me there are worse grinds than engineers? :unsure:

I support group or squadron managed star systems even in the most basic form. Because it adds more end-game goals and gameplay such as defend your star system and/or conquer others. It could be in some remote section of the galaxy and completely optional so that regular players aren't bothered.
My thinking is that ED:Empires will be a separate add-on requiring both ED and horizon played in a seperate section of EDuniverse thus only folks interested in empire wars will participate

My thinking is that ED:Empires will be a separate add-on requiring both ED and horizon played in a seperate section of EDuniverse thus only folks interested in empire wars will participate

It should be in the same shared Milky Way to keep a sense of cohesion and unity. There's so many places where people have never been before. They can designate a cluster of star systems. Players who want to participate will go there.

Top Bottom