Is the Thargoid storyline dead?

Will you Bally well infants please accept that Goids (as the common tongue calls them) simply do not exist, what what?

Now Santa, he is real, isn't that right santa?

What's that?, We couldn't possibly do that Santa, after all, who would clear up all the mess?

Tatty bye
This would be more convincing if you didnt speak like an Thargoid.

Seriously though I love this.

I'd love it if minute 1 of New Era had Thargoids all over, popping out of every nook, cranny and bowl of cereal in game killing everything in sight.

The forums would be on fire squealing for mercy from the CMs, but you'd only get one word from them...

"Run"

Then a week later the Guardian AI pops up..

"Hurrah! We're saved!"

And then the Guardian AI declares either follow it or die.

The forums would be on fire squealing for mercy from the CMs, but you'd only get one word from them...

"Choose"

Squeezed between the twin cheeks of doom the Bubble burns, and FCs look a handy lifeboat.

No mercy. From anyone. No hand holding. The only 'Friendship drive charging" is an alien probe to the modules.

I'd love it if minute 1 of New Era had Thargoids all over, popping out of every nook, cranny and bowl of cereal in game killing everything in sight.

"Run"

"Hurrah! We're saved!"

"Choose"

Squeezed between the twin cheeks of doom the Bubble burns, and FCs look a handy lifeboat.

No mercy. From anyone. No hand holding. The only 'Friendship drive charging" is an alien probe to the modules.
Bet they cant kill me if I'm not logged in.

I choose invincibility.

"Run"

"Hurrah! We're saved!"

"Choose"

Dear Cmdr,

You have but two hopes...

No hope and Bob Hope is dead, what what.

Toodly pipsky

"Run"

It's cute, but the only word from the CM's would be "Sorry, we're fixing this ASAP. Stay tuned."

"Hurrah! We're saved!"

"Choose"

Or it'd be "Just stay tuned, everything is going back to normal as the story plays out. Also, we're shunting everything to discreet instances so you can just avoid interacting with Thargoids/Guardians as you see fit in the next hotfix."

It's cute, but the only word from the CM's would be "Sorry, we're fixing this ASAP. Stay tuned."

Or it'd be "Just stay tuned, everything is going back to normal as the story plays out. Also, we're shunting everything to discreet instances so you can just avoid interacting with Thargoids/Guardians as you see fit in the next hotfix."

Not in my dream, buster. Imagine the Gnosis every where you go, a rolling stormfront of corrosive hell where bitter fighting keeps systems from going dark. No more Asps in front of planets, because the Asp has been spatted all over its surface.

"Run"

"Hurrah! We're saved!"

"Choose"

Silently watches from Carcosa, sipping some pirated fujin tea, smoking an extorted kamitra cigar, onionhead and imperial slaves just unloading from the poor refugee freighter we 'aquired' :sneaky:

We can all dream of an actual threat in ED to drive the game, can't we?

Alas, fine Cmdr, you are right.

If I can dream, I do believe that a stunningly fine and upstanding citizen from the old world sung a song about it once?

I think it was all about dreaming, yes, that's right, it was all about the unobtainable dream.

Keep dreaming and most of all, keep grinding dear Cmdr.

One has seen the future, it is a Hamsters wheel.

Tatty bye, toodly pipsky, etc.........

Silently watches from Carcosa, sipping some pirated fujin tea, smoking an extorted kamitra cigar, onionhead and imperial slaves just unloading from the poor refugee freighter we 'aquired' :sneaky:

The Thargoid mothership silently watches above Carcosa, consuming some human flesh from the poor refugee freighter 'acquired'

Not in my dream, buster. Imagine the Gnosis every where you go, a rolling stormfront of corrosive hell where bitter fighting keeps systems from going dark. No more Asps in front of planets, because the Asp has been spatted all over its surface.

FDev's response is just gonna be: "That's a nice dream you've got there, shame if something happened to it," right before they patch your dreams out of existence.

Well, okay, let's throw your dream a bone. You'll be able to buy a Thargoid Invasion Pass on top of the DLC that'll let you experience the Thargoids kicking the snot out of the galaxy, but only for you and other Thargoid Invasion Pass holders.

Alas, fine Cmdr, you are right.

If I can dream, I do believe that a stunningly fine and upstanding citizen from the old world sung a song about it once?

I think it was all about dreaming, yes, that's right, it was all about the unobtainable dream.

Keep dreaming and most of all, keep grinding dear Cmdr.

One has seen the future, it is a Hamsters wheel.

Tatty bye, toodly pipsky, etc.........

EVIL HAMSTER CHOOSES DESTRUCTION :D

1590173275401.png

FDev's response is just gonna be: "That's a nice dream you've got there, shame if something happened to it," right before they patch your dreams out of existence.

Well, okay, let's throw your dream a bone. You'll be able to buy a Thargoid Invasion Pass on top of the DLC that'll let you experience the Thargoids kicking the snot out of the galaxy, but only for you and other Thargoid Invasion Pass holders.

:D It would be a free upgrade for everyone! In true Oprah style everyone gets Thargoid fear and death!

On another note: people always say the bubble should get attacked, but what if witch head gets destroyed in a presumed New Era attack?
Not big enough? What about Colonia? The Pleiades?
Obviously I'd be unhappy if it hit Colonia, but would the stakes be high enough?
Would people notice?
Even the 100 or what ports destroyed in the horizons attack were insignificant compared to the size of the bubble.
What size, what stakes should an "real, all out war" between thargoids, guardians and humans have?
(Obviously this must not be opt in, otherwise it's ridiculous)

Top Bottom