Is there anything out here?

the cult of Braben.

You should join. It totally rocks.

ioMHbne.jpg

looking at the Codex, on March 10, CMDR PilotPirx has discovered two systems containing Aster Trees and Aster Pods, in the Formorian Frontier region, and in five systems to boot. I don't think this was actually reported anywhere, even though the relevant pages have been added to the wiki.

Stuff still being found.

I agree. There's room for way more "science" gameplay. I'd love to have a research-based vessel.

It would be a good alternative to a squadron 'carrier'. A ship the same size but instead of landing pads it has research modules. Add the ability to take samples of all these shiny biologicals and bring them back to the megaship - even if it does all the 'science' automatically it would still be better gameplay than just shooting for mats.

Op: answer is basically no or not much is out there. What you've seen is what you'll get. Frankly, this is the biggest let down of the game since launch in that there's this big repetitive galaxy of billions of stars with basically nothing in it. Its an empty pool of …. nothing.

I'd quite like the opportunity to do 'science' on the things I've discovered, rather than just adding to my collection of things I've shot off a different thing I discovered.
Yeh i hate to be a negative nelly but the things that have been found are all rather meh! (Not very intrueging gameplay wise) .. once "discovered" then what? Sounds very dull with no real gameplay or "sciency" things attatched to it.

Yeh i hate to be a negative nelly but the things that have been found are all rather meh! (Not very intrueging gameplay wise) .. once "discovered" then what? Sounds very dull with no real gameplay or "sciency" things attatched to it.
That's pretty much it.
Sure you find something new here and there, but then what? You can shoot some for mats and then you are done. So really, doesn't make any difference if it's there or not. Might as well not be.

I agree. There's room for way more "science" gameplay. I'd love to have a research-based vessel.
Oh god yes. Unfortunately, FD are probably all too aware the basic collection mechanics are broken as...

The palty 10,000-odd credits you get for the things that aren't broken (like seed pods, or Thargoids, for example) for these simply aren't worth it for journeying out 20k+ in some cases for a sample. No credits are worth that, IMO, rather it'd be great if returning these samples were actually for a reason... whether that's returning them to a particular engineer for missions they offer up (If only...), or enable some BGS condition, or required for a particular item recipe or such, or any number of things anyone else could come up with outside the existing game mechanics.

The worst part of it is it's reminiscent of the whole Open/PG Guardian Ruin bug... y'know... the bug where different obelisks yielding different messafges at a single site could light up based on some rando thing to do with instancing. Turns out, that was a bug, and should never have been happening... but the months we (the people who frequent the Alien subforum) spent trying to work out "was there some trick or undiscovered mechanic to unlock more obelisks for scanning... did it require multiple people to do something at the same time, and that's why it happened in PG/Open"... only to find out it was a bug.

Is the fact that Anomalies and Molluscs appear scoopable just a bug? Or do I need to "Disable/Kill" them first before I can scoop them, or research-limpet them? Am I missing something or is it the game? I'd go and report them (again, as I reported them pre-changeover to the new system) but the way bugreports work now, I'm just totally disenchanted that something will get done. I spent a good year and a bit proving the existence of a mission-board bug to FD (some factions weren't detecting war states, and therefore not generating the correct missions, including not generating massacre missions), but 95% of other players put it down to "The BGS just moves in mysterious ways..."... instead people just complained about no massacre missions coz "CREDITS AND PEW PEW!!"... and so FD's first "fix" actually broke things further. But it was a bug, and FD did fix it, it just took nearly 18 months.

Ergh... that was a bit of a segue.

tl;dr Yes... more sciencey interaction and activities would be great, but damn FD needs to fix some of their bugs first so they stop generating potential false-hope in it's players.

Top Bottom