It finally happened.

It's a war. If you win the war each day by doing one conflict zone and spending the rest of your time sending every CMDR packing so that they can't win any CZs themselves that is legitimate. Relative skill level is irrelevant to the fact that your goal is to win the war and they're there to stop that from happening. Why is that such a dramatic issue for some people.
Meanwhile I've made a shortlist of nearby low-traffic systems to start pumping up the anarchies in since they apparently wanna get so mad about it.
302 bounties turned in in the last 24 hours after they took a 4-0 defeat.

Wars are good for farming arx. I'm doing them a favour, really.

Deleted member 192138

D
Is power play a possible factor? Power players get really fussy about backwater governments being changed by players that get something out of it. They really love shutting down gameplay of others for their inconsequential space chess in systems they'll never visit otherwise.

Is power play a possible factor? Power players get really fussy about backwater governments being changed by players that get something out of it. They really love shutting down gameplay of others for their inconsequential space chess in systems they'll never visit otherwise.
Nope, it's not controlled by a government type favourable to the local powerplay faction anyway, I'd understand if it was.

Plus if I was meeting organised resistance by one of the big powerplay groups I suspect they'd actually be winning. The kind of groups that run BGS specifically for powerplay know how to fight wars.

Deleted member 192138

D
Power priorities won't protect them from having bad shields. Power priorities only matter when shields are already down and the power plant can be directly targeted or affected by scramble spectrum. So if you did send them a smug message about fixing power priorities you'd only be making a fool of yourself.

Do you use scramble spectrum? If so then maybe you were lucky to affect the shield generator.
The only special effect on any of my lasers is a single emissive one. The rail is a super-penetrator, but he was already pretty much dead in space before I even fired the thing. The packhounds are drag munitions, and I suspect they did the majority of the module damage.

edit: I have used scramble spectrum before though. It's annoying to face, but random and unreliable and doesn't work while shields are still up, so I'd rather have the extra 10% damage when I'm dealing with NPCs.

Power priorities won't protect them from having bad shields. Power priorities only matter when shields are already down and the power plant can be directly targeted or affected by scramble spectrum. So if you did send them a smug message about fixing power priorities you'd only be making a fool of yourself.
Yep, I saw the error immediately after posting and updated my post accordingly.

Deleted member 192138

D
Scramble spectrum requires hullstrikes and doesn't effect shielded targets ...

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
In a CZ. On the opposing side. Even if they were in a stock Sidewinder they would be fair game. That even applies in Mobius.

Still, they just could have some silly noob mistake like turning on an AFMU without retracting hardpoints and loosing power to shields.
I still tend to make a lot of mistakes myself if in situations I am not prepared for. The sad thing is, that I often don't get what I did wrong in these situations.

Deleted member 192138

D
In a CZ. On the opposing side. Even if they were in a stock Sidewinder they would be fair game. That even applies in Mobius.
Mobius PG very strict rules that no purposeful/sustained attacks on another CMDR are permitted under any circumstances and does not make exceptions for conflict zones.

Deleted member 192138

D
Still, they just could have some silly noob mistake like turning on an AFMU without retracting hardpoints and loosing power to shields.
I still tend to make a lot of mistakes myself if in situations I am not prepared for. The sad thing is, that I often don't get what I did wrong in these situations.
Poorly fit ships with weak shields and pips out of systems will lose shields very quickly. The mistake is having an inadequate build and not flying with their wits about them in open.

Welp, guess I'm well into the dark side now.

The system's gone into another war, this time with an entirely different faction, 100+ bounties per day when I've looked, etc. Meanwhile I've been busy flipping an entirely different system. Spotted the anaconda I mentioned in the OP. Same ship name, same CMDR, dropped into the nav beacon.

I followed him.

He was fighting a pirate.

I blew him to pieces.

The end.

I guess I'd feel less guilty if it was more of an even match, rather than a "swoop in out of nowhere and obliterate their shields in seconds with a fusillade of laser fire, cripple them with a salvo of packhounds, then finish them off with an imperial hammer when they try to run".

But... I guess. I wasn't exactly being inconspicuous when they arrived in the zone after all, so if they picked a side knowing there was another cmdr in a cutter flying around...
Chuckle - my first PvP was exiting Jameson Memorial...I mean right out of the mail slot.
Some dumb schmuck in an Adder got on my backside and started hosing in fire; apparently willing to take the bounty for the kill.

It's just that I was in a Fed. Corvette at the time and while I had 3 of my Hardpoints unassigned, my main 4 were hot. Dude wasn't much for evasion either - ever seen what 2 G5 Huge MG and 2 G5 Med MG's will do to an Adder? ;-) First time I've seen that thing that victims scream about: "Gankers! Aaah! I died in half a second! AAAAHHH!" He lasted about 3 seconds lol.
Still have no idea what he was thinking; but felt no concerns about atomizing the dude. At all.

Chuckle - my first PvP was exiting Jameson Memorial...I mean right out of the mail slot.
Some dumb schmuck in an Adder got on my backside and started hosing in fire; apparently willing to take the bounty for the kill.

It's just that I was in a Fed. Corvette at the time and while I had 3 of my Hardpoints unassigned, my main 4 were hot. Dude wasn't much for evasion either - ever seen what 2 G5 Huge MG and 2 G5 Med MG's will do to an Adder? ;-) First time I've seen that thing that victims scream about: "Gankers! Aaah! I died in half a second! AAAAHHH!" He lasted about 3 seconds lol.
Still have no idea what he was thinking; but felt no concerns about atomizing the dude. At all.
Yeah, I've had PvP before, usually on the defensive side. Flying my lil' shieldless DBS around hotspots to get the attention of would-be gankers and giving 'em a bowl of CMDR Crunch's "whoops! All hull reinforcements!" :p

Yeah, I've had PvP before, usually on the defensive side. Flying my lil' shieldless DBS around hotspots to get the attention of would-be gankers and giving 'em a bowl of CMDR Crunch's "whoops! All hull reinforcements!" :p
Chuckle - I dropped into Deciat to schmooze up Felicity; upgrading my lil' unarmed DBX Big Bad Nasty Warship for exploration. Some dude in a Scout interdicted me. Ahh! Ganker!
Hehe - he was horrible at it. I submitted, boosted past him, got back into SC. He tried again, I avoided. He was there a day later when I had mats for G5 upgrades; caught me...tried to attack and seemed stymied when I rammed him and escaped back into SC.
After that, I fired up my Python Hertz Doughnut and went looking for the dude 'cause he clearly had the combat ability of a stunned goldfish. Unfortunately he apparently realized that as well, 'cause he'd booked.
Rats.
;)

Last edited:
Welp, guess I'm well into the dark side now.

The system's gone into another war, this time with an entirely different faction, 100+ bounties per day when I've looked, etc. Meanwhile I've been busy flipping an entirely different system. Spotted the anaconda I mentioned in the OP. Same ship name, same CMDR, dropped into the nav beacon.

I followed him.

He was fighting a pirate.

I blew him to pieces.

The end.

Yesss.. Yesss... Let the hate flow through you...

Top Bottom