It's one thing when...

Before the last update, carriers shot wildly all over the place instead of at the actual target. Has this been fixed?

Hmmm, maybe I'll try to anger the local carrier using one of my cheaper ships, just to see what happens. I will respawn at my own carrier, right? RIGHT?

Let me know the results, from what I've seen my carrier do to NPC's, it is basically prey & spray

Let me know the results, from what I've seen my carrier do to NPC's, it is basically prey & spray
They have much better aim when targeting other players it seems. Doesn't matter, I've not seen any other players, just the carriers. I've even fired up my PS4 (those CMDRs are also on my FC) to see if anyone shows up, but nothing yet. I'll head home and watch the enemy carriers via the tracking devices I planted.

...by post #8 of this thread, I was really starting to suspect just who the scoundrels are in this scenario.
...just sayin! ;)

So the scenario I'm picturing.
CMDR "A" has a FC named "Bravo" 300LY too close to your personal bubble.
One morning CMDR "A" wakes up and visits his Carrier when he notices another FC parked in the same orbit has his.
CMDR "A" inspects the new FC which is named one of the following. "Stalking Bravo" "Pirating Bravo of its goods" "Waging war on Bravo"
CMDR "A" is now confused, starts becoming paranoid, and decides to move away to see if the strange carrier follows.

It's a shame they don't impact the FC's jump range/fuel economy.
The fun we could have had :devilish:
Does cargo? We could reverse hydrogen bomb them that way - just keep filling up their cargo holds with cheap junk they'd have to get rid of to go anywhere.

EDIT: If we could edit the cargo manifests - great for smuggling - we could sneak stuff in as something it isn't...

:D S

Last edited:
Carriers have the same laser weapons as stations.

They destroy your shield then shred your hull in a matter of seconds, I tested it by shooting my own carrier the day I bought it.

You do need to do quite a bit of "damage" for it to shoot back. As long as you don't have a valid bounty in the system, shooting your own carrier doesn't give you one, you'll respawn on your carrier.

They'll also use those same guns on any nearby mines, regardless of what may be in the line of fire.
Many search and rescue ships have fallen victim to my carrier's laser light show and their materials have been put to good use.
Does cargo? We could reverse hydrogen bomb them that way - just keep filling up their cargo holds with cheap junk they'd have to get rid of to go anywhere.
Cargo does add to the 25000 ton/unit limit, but only the carrier owner has access to cargo transfer.

Everyone else needs the carrier's owner to set a buy order on the commodity market for the specific commodities you might try to dump on them, of which the owner sets the price and maximum demand.

Perhaps the latest mining cull will also cull carriers?
Watch your fuel levels. Else you spend a month out in the black mining tritium...lol. I giggle cos it's ironic. Carriers for exploration but you will run out of fuel..maybe they want this?
As for your post Op yeah agree don't want em within a 1000 ly tbh. One goes out there to get away from it all.
Its obvious from the pay scale of activities fdev wants people mining. People exploring arent mining. Now, if they took their FC with them, they have no choice but to spend a majority of their exploration time mining instead.

I see two other fleet carriers on the horizon, well golly, that's just too close!

I was surprised to find two yellow dots within 300 LY of my own location.

Hm.. it's now confirmed. Old Duck is a:

Its obvious from the pay scale of activities fdev wants people mining. People exploring arent mining. Now, if they took their FC with them, they have no choice but to spend a majority of their exploration time mining instead.
A THIRD carrier just showed up in my backyard, and the irony is (based on your post) that he doesn't have UC installed, but rather his carrier is designated as a mining ship, and he was parked right over a Tritium ring (single hotspot). The system he was in was totally unclaimed (not any more, heheheh). I went down into that hotspot thinking I might get the rare chance to engage in some deep space piracy, but no joy..

Still, with all this extra traffic out here, I think it's time to transfer my pirate modules and main combat ship over from the Bubble, just in case ;)

Deleted member 38366

D
Seems you're in a very popular spot (?)

I received a Carrier-to-Carrier visit only once, yesterday. This was the 1st time in almost a month. Sold ~2000t of good stuff for a very fair price far out in the woods.

I personally consider my current "bubble" as a 100LY AOR (Area of Responsibility), although I'm Deep Space obviously and it's totally non-exclusive.
It's not restricted Airspace or something, so any nearby Carriers wouldn't be of any concern to me. Free Space, total freedom of movement... the way it should be.

Mercator_Bubble.jpg

Yep, that Pixel is me :D

Last edited by a moderator:
10000+ carriers all moving out at approximately the same times in all directions not including Dssa it's a dead cert your in range of one or another

@Old Duck
I use my carrier just locally for the wing etc. 11000 tons of tritium on board. Rest is just modules for sale, and a few commodities.
Can't wait to get back in-game and raise hell assuming I've no orders.
Got lots to do. And the blight won't affect me at all. Thankfully.

Which is weird, because everything around me is undiscovered... That's why I picked this spot. And it's not like having a fleet carrier is what enabled me to find this spot - I found it long ago on PS4 and marked it for future (now present day) exploration. 🤷
There's a snowball affect that starts with only 1 carrier in a system:
"Hey, why is the legendary Old Duck's carrier parked in this system? We must stop here and investigate..."

Top Bottom