The most expensive ship in my main CMDR's fleet, the BattleConda "Terrible Shadow" (EBL-07), now has a collective bounty of over 100,000,000 credits on it. I kinda went all "War Doctor" back when I was considering clearing my save and starting fresh, just to try out a life of crime for the fun of it, but I'm having second thoughts about clearing my save, and so I've got a few questions about the consequences of my "criminal life".

First, if I someday want to clear these bounties (right now they are a kind of badge of pride, LOL), is it the cost of the bounty, or will there be other fees as well? All my crimes have been against NPCs, FWIW. Also, as I understand it, I'll have to turn myself in and end up in a detention center, is that correct? Is this also the case once my notoriety decays?

In the meantime, will bounty hunters follow me all over the Bubble, even in systems I'm not wanted in? If they do, and they interdict me in a neutral system, will local law enforcement come to my aid? If a bounty hunter succeeds in destroying my ship, I'm guessing that'll cost more than if I just turn myself in, correct?

Now what about hot modules - will engineers work on my pirate ship? They seem shady themselves, so I'm hoping the answer is yes. How does the cost of per-module cleaning scale with my bounty? If I take modules off my ship and put them in storage, and then turn myself in later, will these modules also be cleaned, or will I have to do that separately?

And finally, just out of curiosity, has anyone had such an incredibly large bounty that it was just cheaper to build a replacement ship than try to clear your pirate ship? Or conversely, have you just gone about "business as usual" in your pirate ship, bounties be damned?

Arrrrrrrr!!!

Last edited:
The most expensive ship in my main CMDR's fleet, the BattleConda "Terrible Shadow" (EBL-07), now has a collective bounty of over 100,000,000 credits on it. I kinda went all "War Doctor" back when I was considering clearing my save and starting fresh, just to try out a life of crime for the fun of it, but I'm having second thoughts about clearing my save, and so I've got a few questions about the consequences of my "criminal life".

First, if I someday want to clear these bounties (right now they are a kind of badge of pride, LOL), is it the cost of the bounty, or will there be other fees as well? All my crimes have been against NPCs, FWIW. Also, as I understand it, I'll have to turn myself in and end up in a detention center, is that correct? Is this also the case once my notoriety decays?

In the meantime, will bounty hunters follow me all over the Bubble, even in systems I'm not wanted in? If they do, and they interdict me in a neutral system, will local law enforcement come to my aid? If a bounty hunter succeeds in destroying my ship, I'm guessing that'll cost more than if I just turn myself in, correct?

Now what about hot modules - will engineers work on my pirate ship? They seem shady themselves, so I'm hoping the answer is yes. How does the cost of per-module cleaning scale with my bounty? If I take modules off my ship and put them in storage, and then turn myself in later, will these modules also be cleaned, or will I have to do that separately?

And finally, just out of curiosity, has anyone had such an incredibly large bounty that it was just cheaper to build a replacement ship than try to clear your pirate ship? Or conversely, have you just gone about "business as usual" in your pirate ship, bounties be damned?

Arrrrrrrr!!!

Depending on what you intend to do, its often easier to build just potent enough ships that can be burnt without hassle. There is a point where its more cost effective to just clean modules / dispose of ship then wait for notoriety to drop and pay bounties.

While in the wanted ship you'll be tailed all over, and only a spoon hands themselves in. Cleaning is a flat percentage of your modules, so an 8A Prismatic is going to hurt- like I said before if you intend to be ruthless learn to kill in a cheap ship with cheap (R1 -3) engineering. Being in a smaller ship makes bounties smaller as well. An NPC killed in a Corvette is 330,000 each, in a Killipa its about 100,000 and in a Vulture is peanuts. Engineers should work on hot modules, but they need to be cleaned for use in outfitting.

Depending on what you intend to do, its often easier to build just potent enough ships that can be burnt without hassle. There is a point where its more cost effective to just clean modules / dispose of ship then wait for notoriety to drop and pay bounties.

While in the wanted ship you'll be tailed all over, and only a spoon hands themselves in. Cleaning is a flat percentage of your modules, so an 8A Prismatic is going to hurt- like I said before if you intend to be ruthless learn to kill in a cheap ship with cheap (R1 -3) engineering. Being in a smaller ship makes bounties smaller as well. An NPC killed in a Corvette is 330,000 each, in a Killipa its about 100,000 and in a Vulture is peanuts. Engineers should work on hot modules, but they need to be cleaned for use in outfitting.

There's a part of me that enjoys having such a large bounty on my head. There is also a part of me that has always thought playing the game in a soft "iron man" mode, as in, no rebuys. So let's say I keep my pirate Conda and someday am taken out by a bounty hunter or system authorities, and I skip the rebuy, does that mean all my debts are forgiven? Obviously I lose the ship, buy hey, it could be fun! :D

There's a part of me that enjoys having such a large bounty on my head. There is also a part of me that has always thought playing the game in a soft "iron man" mode, as in, no rebuys. So let's say I keep my pirate Conda and someday am taken out by a bounty hunter or system authorities, and I skip the rebuy, does that mean all my debts are forgiven? Obviously I lose the ship, buy hey, it could be fun! :D

I *think* you still pay (I don't lose that often to test it thankfully), but you need to be careful just in case your bounty is more than your bank balance....I'm a bit like you, except I have very little money so I have to be very careful around ATR as my current bounty is about half of my cred balance.

I think if you're bad enough to a superpower minor faction the superpower will get upset at you at one point, that's the only way you'll still get chased outside your wanted systems, and then only in systems for that superpower.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Just store the Conda and fly in another Ship. Repeat as needed.

If there's any changes to C&P, you can almost blindly bet on a global Amnesty like last time :D

But for the most part : just ignore the Bounties, as they're meaningless if you're mobile and not tied to a specific location.
The only thing that's left to Bounties is more or less RolePlay.

I have a similar problem. But i already have 2 Anacondas: One for Thargoid fighting and one for Exploration. This whole thread brings me to the point to just switch the modules from the 'bad anaconda'(the combat ship) to the exploconda.

Out in the fields nobody cares about fines and bounties- maybe a rodeo on return of exploration, but i am confident in my experience to avoid any engagements....

Out of curiosity if you get killed with that bounty and did have to pay it- which I suspect might be the case- and then did not have the credits what does happen?

Is it Sidewinder time with a massive debt? I'm guessing yes and you then lose a percentage of everything you earn to pay the debt?

I think if you're bad enough to a superpower minor faction the superpower will get upset at you at one point, that's the only way you'll still get chased outside your wanted systems, and then only in systems for that superpower.

The systems I've been poking at are Independent, I believe. Also, I've never had to deal with ATR, perhaps because I mostly operate in a low-sec system. I'm really not that familiar with C&P from the position of a crime boss, LOL. I did notice the other day that an Interstellar Faction said they couldn't deal with a "high profile" individual such as myself.

Long story short, I've decided to keep my ship as-is, not worry about those bounties, and if I should someday die, I'll go out in a blaze of glory! I actually consider myself more of a vigilante / privateer than an a crime boss, kinda like Batman, and so it makes sense to keep the Batmobile notorious while driving my innocent limos as mild-mannered "Bruce Wayne" during the day.

Top Bottom