I've Calculated How Many Mats You Need for G5 Gear

Find an industrial settlement with two IND buildings, sneak into the CMD building and shut down the alarms. Methodically eradicate any opposition and loot every container and data point you come across. You'll find most of the items you need here, but you'll need to head to the CMD centers of Military settlements for things like Suit Schematics and Weapon Schematics.

You should also be able to find Weapon Schematics at Irregular Markers POIs with Threat Levels above 2 as I did in the Alpha, but I haven't found that POI yet in the release build.
I'm guessing it's faster to look for those settlement types yourself rather than relying on missions. If you did come across an Industrial settlement and looted it, would you be able to go into SC then turn around and loot it again?

Anybody have the names and locations of any settlements that are good for this?

OK so further to my post above about stuff not resetting, I think it's actually a bug. I just went to a command complex elsewhere and nothing is there, not a single item anywhere, no data, nothing in lockers. It must be a bug.

So looks like relogski is gone. At least for settlements. I think they've added more stuff though.
Relogski still works at POIs. I did that at a Distress Beacon SRV Thursday afternoon.

I'm guessing it's faster to look for those settlement types yourself rather than relying on missions. If you did come across an Industrial settlement and looted it, would you be able to go into SC then turn around and loot it again?

Anybody have the names and locations of any settlements that are good for this?
Assuming relogski still works, you just need to relog after pulling the regulator from the powerplant and stowing the loot in your ship.

I'm trying to locate some suitable Anarchy Industrial settlements, but haven't had any luck yet. The first one I tried didn't have an alarms panel so I couldn't disable the alarms. I had about a minute or two before an ATR-style doom squad dropped out of a Vulture after the alarms went off. I'm still running away from the settlement.

Also - not overly impressed with the glacial muzzle velocities of the plasma weapons...

Relogski still works at POIs. I did that at a Distress Beacon SRV Thursday afternoon.

Assuming relogski still works, you just need to relog after pulling the regulator from the powerplant and stowing the loot in your ship.

I'm trying to locate some suitable Anarchy Industrial settlements, but haven't had any luck yet. The first one I tried didn't have an alarms panel so I couldn't disable the alarms. I had about a minute or two before an ATR-style doom squad dropped out of a Vulture after the alarms went off. I'm still running away from the settlement.

Also - not overly impressed with the glacial muzzle velocities of the plasma weapons...
Relogging from settlements seems to remove all items from lockers and even removes all the data from data points. (A crashed SRV you can cut open for stuff in that same settlement was the only thing that relogging gave more things from.)

At least this is what happened to me twice in a row between two different settlements.

Relogging from settlements seems to remove all items from lockers and even removes all the data from data points. (A crashed SRV you can cut open for stuff in that same settlement was the only thing that relogging gave more things from.)

At least this is what happened to me twice in a row between two different settlements.
Ah, I see.

@Caradhras, I've located a suitable settlement: Lorenz Manufacturing Base on Bhaidenwi 2 in the Bhaidenwi system. It's controlled by an Anarchy faction. Grab a level 3 ID through the window from a guy in the CMD building and go nuts. Got quite a few Ionized Gas cannisters from that run.

Edit: Checking my inventory, I have discovered to my horror that each Ionized Gas entry is duplicated... if I remember from the Alpha that means I can't use them in upgrades.

20210521024723_1.jpg

Last edited:
@Caradhras, I've located a suitable settlement: Lorenz Manufacturing Base on Bhaidenwi 2 in the Bhaidenwi system. It's controlled by an Anarchy faction. Grab a level 3 ID through the window from a guy in the CMD building and go nuts. Got quite a few Ionized Gas cannisters from that run.

Edit: Checking my inventory, I have discovered to my horror that each Ionized Gas entry is duplicated... if I remember from the Alpha that means I can't use them in upgrades.
Damn most of the things I've collected are heavily duped like that. Anyone know why this happens? Just one thing after another.

I'll check out Lorenz, thanks.

Damn most of the things I've collected are heavily duped like that. Anyone know why this happens? Just one thing after another.

I'll check out Lorenz, thanks.
As a quick update I was able to use one of those Ionized Gas units in upgrading my Oppressor to G2 about half an hour ago. They might work... I need to test more.

Also, there is loot to be collected in Conflict Zones. Bonus points if it's at an Industrial settlement. While all the Data Points are offline, the lockers are still stuffed with goods. You'll need a Maverick suit to get them, so I recommend going to the CZ in your own ship so you can call it back once the fighting ends and swap suits.

On top of that, Extermination missions work inside the CZs. Grab those if they offer mats... when the material reward option is fixed (because right now it seems to be bugged and not awarding the materials).

I've managed to grind out a G5 Oppressor and have confirmed that the trend I predicted is correct. Inara also lists this information.

20210526012929_1.jpg

20210526203613_1.jpg

I did some preliminary testing and found this rifle to be adequate in dealing with low to mid level scavengers (the ones with 3 shield bars) when clearing out settlements. I will be testing it in a few CZs of varying intensities soon. After that, I'll be collecting the last few Chemical Formulae needed to buy an Extended Range mod and finally see if I can increase the projectile velocity.

I've managed to grind out a G5 Oppressor and have confirmed that the trend I predicted is correct. Inara also lists this information.

View attachment 232311

View attachment 232309

I did some preliminary testing and found this rifle to be adequate in dealing with low to mid level scavengers (the ones with 3 shield bars) when clearing out settlements. I will be testing it in a few CZs of varying intensities soon. After that, I'll be collecting the last few Chemical Formulae needed to buy an Extended Range mod and finally see if I can increase the projectile velocity.
I'm about 3 Ionised gas from getting my Exe to G5 :)

Given that upgrades are non-removable the GRIND is still kind of Game-Breaking.

Not really though, for example in other games you have specalized load outs for stuff. In Division for example I had 3 or 4 different rifles that are set up for near one hit kills on some AI, and I have 3 MG's that are set up for taking down groups of AI, all with different characteristics, and before you tell me Div isn't grindy, it fully is. I still don't have the top scopes in Div 2 after playing for months and gathering materials for months.
I`ll never have time to gather this s*** - why should I even bother then?

So sad now...:cry:

Easy way to get most of them is when you do settlement raids loot absolutely everything you can, it doesn't take long to go around looting all the buildings after you finish the AI off.

Not really though, for example in other games you have specalized load outs for stuff. In Division for example I had 3 or 4 different rifles that are set up for near one hit kills on some AI, and I have 3 MG's that are set up for taking down groups of AI, all with different characteristics, and before you tell me Div isn't grindy, it fully is. I still don't have the top scopes in Div 2 after playing for months and gathering materials for months.

Easy way to get most of them is when you do settlement raids loot absolutely everything you can, it doesn't take long to go around looting all the buildings after you finish the AI off.
Sorry, but Division is an unrealistic online-grinder while Elite is trying to be a simulator. Still, by some weird design decision Elite is borrowing (most tedious and hated) progression mechanics from titles like Division/Destiny while totally ignoring realistic breakthroughs of Arma and Escape from Tarkov. (Weapon modularity, location damage, skill-driven progression.)

This is such lazy trash level game design. This game is never going to improve until they hire a better lead designer.
It's one of my biggest worries with this game. This hyper focus on adding new content but leaving much of the old gameplay loops untouched. I understand we all want more things to immerse ourselves as CMDRs, but the underlying foundation of gameplay mechanics is just doo-doo. The engineer grinds, the wonky acquisition of materials (relogging to reset). It just isn't fun. I'm not saying it needs to be super easy, but there's no reason why the material costs for upgrades and engineering should be so high.

Sorry, but Division is an unrealistic online-grinder while Elite is trying to be a simulator. Still, by some weird design decision Elite is borrowing (most tedious and hated) progression mechanics from titles like Division/Destiny while totally ignoring realistic breakthroughs of Arma and Escape from Tarkov. (Weapon modularity, location damage, skill-driven progression.)

Break throughs of ArmA? Dude I'm calling you on that, I've played that series since 2001 when OFP came out, there has never been a weapon progression system in the OFP/ArmA series.

There is no skill progression in ArmA, you have to find and scavenge weapons and parts in ArmA for your weapons, you don't get progression unlocks, for example in the A3 campaign you have to go on patrol, loot battlefields for equipment, loot enemy held area's, ambush patrols etc... It's a grind to find weapons, which most people won't do. Now if you're talking about mods? Yeah some mods do that, but the base game does not in anyway do that. I've put over probably 10K hours into OFP, about 8K into ArmA 2, and I have about a thousand in ArmA 3. So I know what I'm talking about on that game.

You also have to remember, we are talking 1K+ years in the future from ArmA, so weapons are probably attached via data link or even DNA and cannot be used by other people due to that. This would be why we cannot loot weapons from bodies, also when their suit shuts down you would literally have to cut the backpack open to loot the backpack.

Now if you're talking in terms of ballistics, they would be completely different due to being in space and in a lower G environment as some planets are. The physics in ArmA are taken place on Earth, not in space, so they would be completely different for bullet travel, and damage compared to on Earth. I've also noticed if you do hit people in the Center mass to head with a the Manticore sniper rifle, you do one shot them at least till 2 Chevrons, 3 Chevrons and above have armour upgrades which makes sense since they are higher trained NPC's than the ones that we face at scav sites that are 1 chevron.

Top Bottom