ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch Notes

A good Illustration of why some of us consider the game utterly broken while others state it's one of the most stable ones they've ever played. None of them are lying as some parts of the game are indeed buggy while others run perfectly. Take into account that most likely no one likes everything and you got the reason for this apparent contradiction. If only enough people would understand that we certainly would have less "white knight versus whiners" shadowboxing.
There is very little moderation in the way people speak online, being half the problem. Something not quite right? Broken. Something works ok? Perfect! Very little grey area in the middle where the truth usually lies.

update on the fixes, still big shutter, frame drops when entering systems , rubber banding ships not completely solved all on ps4
just did a wing mission , killing pirate , pirate showed up twice , so 2 wings of 1 fdl and 3 vultures , first jumped out , second we killed , mission failed , bye bye influence , fix it pls
I could be wrong (I usually am) but i thought consoles were not getting the stutter fix till next week due to Sony / MS patch authorising delays.

Also, and I am fully aware this is an extremely minor issue (altho a long standing one) but it's great to see the high resolution screenshot artefacts been fixed.

Only done a couple today but both came out without any annoying squares!

Any chance that some of the iridescent paintjobs (Aurora) for the Cobra Mk4 being available again some day? I've got one but missed to grab another one that I like very much, the one with the greenish touch. 😘

It's a super long shot as not in beta and not in notes but.... I don't suppose VR bug with the discovery scanner is fixed is it?

* Balance improvements for the generation of ARX, particularly for exploration-related gameplay.
Earning Arx by doing missions is still rubbish, however.... I can spend an hour running BGS missions and earn 2 Arx, or I can swap some materials around for 5 minutes and earn 20 Arx. :(

I used to be opposed to "gaming the system" to earn Arx (like unequipping and reequipping modules), but now I'm thinking such nonsense is justified.

I used to be opposed to "gaming the system" to earn Arx (like unequipping and reequipping modules), but now I'm thinking such nonsense is justified.
Arx are an out of game thing so personally I reckon if you want to exploit it exploit it. Something tells me FD will be much quicker shutting down anything they consider an arx exploit than in game ;)

Earning Arx by doing missions is still rubbish, however.... I can spend an hour running BGS missions and earn 2 Arx, or I can swap some materials around for 5 minutes and earn 20 Arx. :(

...or you could fly through the Void 15000 whole week and get only 150 arx :D
Now seems ok, got last night over 100.

Eh, I can sort of see the logic to it. While a wide variety of activities generate some Arx, it feels like they lean towards rewarding more Arx for activities (fuel scooping, material trading, etc) that are necessary but don't otherwise provide much in-game reward.

Does this mean we'll find these high-end minerals available for sale in stations?
Heh. That should probably have just read "demand" - I don't think we'll be seeing a non-zero supply of Void Opals in stations anytime soon. Heck, methane clathrate is hardly more "high-end" than biowaste, and you can't even buy that anywhere for any price.

...or you could fly through the Void 15000 whole week and get only 150 arx :D
Now seems ok, got last night over 100.
Yep the exploration ARX seems much more reasonable now, I get about 20-50 from about an hour of jumping/scanning, more if I am in a new region and get a lot of codex confirmation entries.

I'm sulking because I can back from a 8 week trip to Sgr A* and back and only earned 400 arx... oh welll spent that buying pumpkins :D

Bill

<<<<currently being chased by the cops again.... dang cops think my cargo is illegal ....:sneaky:

Ships
  • Added the ability to rescue any crew, that were on board the player's ship when it was destroyed, from the insurance screen.
    • Rebuy cost in the right hand cockpit panel now includes cost to rescue crew.
    • Crew rebuy costs rebalanced based on Beta feedback.
o_O wait.... WHAT!??
You mean we can actually hire a lowly weak commander and raise them up to max and not loose them if we loose our ship as long as we can cover the insurance?

Do my eyes deceive me?

... O M G ! ! ! ! There is yet hope! I know, I am late to the party on knowing this I am sure, but I didn't pay any attention to the Beta and I've been playing 'other space games', and was curious to what Elite had in store for 2020. (was still salty after September.)

What did they send us? Hope.

(only been years, but I guess better REALLY late then never ever.)

I guess that kind of makes those NPCs more partners now, adds a little depth to it more then just throw away chaddle now.
Best News I've heard on this game in a while, The other fixes are nice as well. Sad there's no real 'new content', but maybe later in the year they'll make up for it? maybe, hopefully....

But this is a good start for 2020. I'll take it. Cheers!

Top Bottom