ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch Notes

I just tried the game and got stuttering/jittering arriving at a star. I'm sure they will fix this soon enough.
Not whinning like some on here, just mentioning so it can be fixed, I can live with it till fixed.

The CZ bug is new and was not in beta- I know because I went through CZs with a fine tooth comb in beta and found other bugs that I hope are fixed.
Can confirm - was in a wing of 4, and 3/4 of the CZs (with a 5th being one of the wing going in by themselves) would have the progress bar disappear after varying amounts of time - usually a minute to 3 minutes. This wasn't checked with regards to spec ops being killed - however the issue was happening even if spec ops were non-existent, however once a Captain (high CZ) was attacked it dissapeared shortly - so it may very well be related to completion of the secondary objectives.

Edit: This was happening in Medium and High CZs alike - we only completed one of the medium CZs - and it did have spec ops that we killed. The original instances were broken, but the new one wasn't

Last edited:
Just installed and now cannot Reset HMD Orientation. Button is mapped (tried default and manual mapping), screen flashes to correct height for a few frames, and then returns to default. Using WMR Headset, and was working fine on Sunday night before installing this update.
Also, seem to lose my key bindings EVERY time there is an update. Fortunately these are backed up, but why???
Is it any wonder I keep rage-quitting this game???

Thank you for:

1. Making void opal etc. mining not even worth it when it takes a ridiculous load out, flying to a ring over and over again, finding said ring and spending a few days there only to be screwed over by the system.
~snip~
Not sure what you mean, just checked it and sold 58T (30 min to mine) for 96 Mil @ Radian V

3 more bugs on the commodities screen at station that they didnt fix:

1) if you have a donation mission for commodities it still doesnt show the requirement on the commodities page (next to the commodity as it does with supply missions);

2) if you have a large supply requirement and have delivered part of it, when you go to get the rest the commodities page at the station you are buying from still shows the full amount when you go to buy it (even though the left hand panel shows you have already delivered part of it);

3) if you have a delivery missions but havent picked up the cargo and then go to a station which supplies that commodity, then the commodities page will show it as a requirement (next to the commodity) for you to buy (even though if you buy it, it wont count when you try to deliver it)

All three of these are far more important bugs than the stupid planet scanner 'feature' they added which only help explorers. These bugs affect every single player and they are on the 'new' station commodities screen which obviously was released last year without sufficient testing.

I dont bother reporting bugs any more as there are so many and FDEV never fixes any of them. I love this game and have played since 2014 - 10,000 hours on steam, but, I am getting fed up with the continuous focus on the explorer/new player gimicks and no serious focus on the basic game.

After the ARX update when game was completely broken for weeks and fleet carriers delayed for months (years maybe, who knows?) can make people assume the patches/updates are not completely tested.

I promise you they do not test BGS as it takes weeks to simulate and get the correct conditions. Unit testing maybe, but definately not full system testing.

I've asked them to provide details of their testing before, or suggest testing scenarios in the beta, but they refuse. Honestly, I have 35 year experience in the IT industry and software delivery. If I release product that had so many problems and/or so many regression issues I would have been sacked multiple times.

Last edited:
Can we possibly have this updated? Seriously, launcher is the very fist thing players get to see and it is waaaaaaay out of date.

1579017728893.png

I just tried the game and got stuttering/jittering arriving at a star. I'm sure they will fix this soon enough.
Not whinning like some on here, just mentioning so it can be fixed, I can live with it till fixed.
I noticed framerate issues from last Friday, when I was in my main account exploring - I assumed it was a problem with my VR headset but it's possible they made serverside changes last week: by then I'd also noticed my explorer ARX earnings were much improved.

I noticed framerate issues from last Friday, when I was in my main account exploring - I assumed it was a problem with my VR headset but it's possible they made serverside changes last week: by then I'd also noticed my explorer ARX earnings were much improved.
I play in VR also, was fine before this update.

Still have a problem with the Galaxy map0 while in VR. Can navigate freely but unable to select target. Could be a glitch or it could be me being a spoon.

I'm getting regular (every second or so) jerky frame rates again (intermittently, I'm not instanced with any other players and my CPU isn't maxed out (~43%). I had just jumped into a system with the latest example & was travelling around the star (it was red on the scanner) to go to a nav beacon.

When this happened before it was typically related to travelling past bodies I had previously mapped that had geological features, so this seems to be the same behaviour happening much closer to my entry into a system rather than only if I travel past a problem body.

All of this is anecdotal of course, but the overall experience does feel like it's taken a hit.

I'm getting regular (every second or so) jerky frame rates again (intermittently, I'm not instanced with any other players and my CPU isn't maxed out (~43%). I had just jumped into a system with the latest example & was travelling around the star (it was red on the scanner) to go to a nav beacon.

When this happened before it was typically related to travelling past bodies I had previously mapped that had geological features, so this seems to be the same behavior happening much closer to my entry into a system rather than only if I travel past a problem body.

All of this is anecdotal of course, but the overall experience does feel like it's taken a hit.

Same issue for me fps jumps from 40 to 60 even inside a station before was steady 60, I never saw it goes to yellow before.
Found this on Reddit

1579022307492.png

I promise you they do not test BGS as it takes weeks to simulate and get the correct conditions. Unit testing maybe, but definately not full system testing.

I've asked them to provide details of their testing before, or suggest testing scenarios in the beta, but they refuse. Honestly, I have 35 year experience in the IT industry and software delivery. If I release product that had so many problems and/or so many regression issues I would have been sacked multiple times.
..and then caught up and fired again .. with special zeal! ;)
It is a pity that I do not live in Britain

RE: FPS/Lag/Stutter jumping into systems while exploring

Yep, seeing this too... my display is not set to frame rate limit, or radeon chill, and the FPS is all over the place jumping into a system with many bodies - the FSS never shows the "unlikely", "likely" messages for BIO/GEO, just the numbers of items... this seems to indicate that the bodies are all being scanned straight away leading to a lot of lag

I then started doing a bit of experimentation to limit the FPS and see if that fixed it and discovered that trying to limit my framerate also seems to be a bit broken... i.e.
  • setting Vertical Sync in-game has NO EFFECT whatsoever - the FPS count still flies way over my monitor's actual limit of 75Hz (previously this used to work and give very smooth play
  • instead of using Vsync I tried to set the Frame Rate Limit in game, but there is no option to limit to 75Hz (my monitor's native) --this has been an omission for a long time (lots of monitors have 75hz these days) - setting to 90Hz still results in a lot of lag/stutter
  • instead of using the in-game options, using Radeon Chill also seems to cause a lot of lag/stutter - and/or conflict with any in-game options

On a good note the ARX thing is now balanced much better. Thanks

Top Bottom