CQC Kill stealers

Hey I thought I was the only one to experience that (mainly because I still suck at it), glad to see I'm not! And it's weird 'cause I don't remember it happening so often in beta...They'll tweak it I'm sure. ;)

I haven't lost a game yet. And even though my focus is winning, I tend to get between 30 and 60% of the kills on my team. Sometimes I get 100% of the kills though.

I've played about about 12 games since 1.4 went live, with no losses. I have 108 kills, and am rank 16. Most of my rank isn't from kills it's from MVP rewards, assists, revenge, and mostly just winning.

I hope I get you on my team! LOL. Keep on fighting hard, CMDR! Hope to see you on the grid.

Good news is that you can still win even if people are stealing your kills.

assist.jpg

I used to be pro making assists give you more points but this match changed my mind a bit.

Last edited:
I hope I get him on my team too to teach him some humility! We'll soon sort him oot. Winning is for losers.

Luckily I haven't had any TK experience yet. I don't even know if you can target friends or receive friendly fire.

I have fought against some amazing pilots though. There was one guy that I only manged to kill once. Forgot his name, but his evasive maneuvers were top notch, and very educational.

Yes kill stealing is a pain ,,,,, but a bigger pain is receiving one in the back whilst in intense combat..... 70% of the time in killed by someone up my backside .... Can't trust anyone .....lol... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kill stealing in CQC is rediculous .. you put all the work in getting someones shields down and someone flies in with a few hits to finish them off and get the kill. Rediculous!

I dunno.... I have had a load of kills "stolen" from me and no doubt i have stolen some from other players.

Kill stealing in free for all.... I have no issue with it TBH. everyone is my enemy, I aim to get points however i can. Admittedly personally I think it is lame hanging back just to take a kill and not summat i do, but its a valid tactic (athough another way is to attack the attacker whilst they are distracted and hopefully get the kill for them AND then follow up by getting the guy - already softened up - they were attacking.

In team deathmatch, again I can see why it may be annoying, and i do not go out of my way to do it, BUT, Team DM is all about the win and the faster you kill someone off the better for the team. Are you in comms when this kill stealing is happening? it could be the person thinks he is helping you, after all - esp the sidewinders - take some tanking and a double team is often the best way.

I have only managed 1 session in team DM with a mate with voice comms, 2 matches, and on paper he "stole" loads of kills from me, but I got XP for the assists (I think) and ultimately i did not mind because it was that team play that won us the match, against a team which on paper were WAY higher level than our team with loads more gear unlocked.

I dunno, I have only played maybe 20 matches across beta and main game so not the most experienced at it by a long shot, but I have not seen an issue with it yet.

Last edited:
The worst aspect of this is when people are working together in a free for all. I have videos of three matches with the same two commanders flying in formation, targeting the same people time after time. To test them I'd knock shields down on one only to watch the partner finish the kill. It made beating them consistently very satisfying.

The worst aspect of this is when people are working together in a free for all. I have videos of three matches with the same two commanders flying in formation, targeting the same people time after time. To test them I'd knock shields down on one only to watch the partner finish the kill. It made beating them consistently very satisfying.

Yeah I had run where a few CMDRs were teaming up and helping out. One kept winning because the other was stopping at the end so they could get the kills. Sadly team matches are a mess since you never know if you are going to get a legitimate game or not.

As frustrating as it can be I do not think 'kill stealing' is something that people should be complaining about in a game such as CQC. The whole point is to win by getting the most kills, why would you sit back and let someone else have the kill just because they started attacking a certain ship while you were busy elsewhere. Given how little damage it takes to kill the ships in CQC it is not as if someone has robbed you of ten minutes hard work.

So ... when you respawn and another player passes you by with shields down and damaged hull .... you don't chase after him but look for someone unscraped?

It's deathmatch in Deathmatch Mode.
I'm pretty sure you snagged a kill or two in your time.

Top Bottom