Proposal Discussion Kill Warrant Scanner Feedback

I do agree that this new C&P system is rather confusing.
It's really not, it's simpler, have you seen the current one!

I'd read of some bugs during the beta testing causing players to receive rather large bounties for minimal crimes.
I may have missed any follow up that they were confirmed as bugs, or if it was confirmed to be intentional.
Definitely bugs. The main one, IIRC, was that players saw massive costs trying to use Interstellar Factors to clear bounties, this was confirmed to be a bug here:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/404057-Clearing-Bounties-Cost?p=6368622#post6368622

Sandro, I think that your work on the KWS is mostly positive and in the right direction, but for me, as a bounty hunter (I actually rarely play anymore because bounty hunting is so awfull) the problem is largely one of actually tracking down a pirate target in the first place. Its the 'thrill of the chase' that ultimately make bounty hunting an exiting profession that people enjoy (potentially). But currently there are so little tools available to the BH player, that most of us just ended up hanging around CG's scanning ships coming and going, which was really rather dull and it just felt like seal clubbing. There was no pursuit involved, no trail of breadcrumbs to follow, and thus no 'thrill of the chase', that along with the fact that bounty rewards are tiny, just made it a really dull and unrewarding experience... When it could actually be so much more.

In the end under the current setup, I and others resorted to sending out friend invites to known pirates and using the friendship marker on the map as a kind of tracking device... But its not really a very good solution.

What I would suggest instead would be an in game database of highly notorious commanders, and the player should have the ability to select one or more players from this database as tagged targets, once tagged the 'bounty tracking module' would provide some information about their wearabouts, such as last reported crime scene, or last known station docked at as a trail to follow (but definately NOT give their exact current location). Both the database and the associated 'bounty tracking module' should require the player to become a registered member of the 'Bounty Hunters Guild', which in order to join should in itself require a small amount of effort akin to that required to join a faction or engage with an engineer.

I Can actually imagine a number of pirate players actively seeking to reach the top spot in the Galaxy's 'most notorious' list, but can you image just what a tough time they would then have dodging all of us bounty hunters that would be chasing the HUGE price that they would have on their heads... It would certainly make for some exiting gameplay.

Another level of engagement would be if missions could be generated randomly, Requesting for registered bounty hunters to go after certain highly notorious commanders and offering extra credits on top of the players bounty for a successful outcome.

At the end of the day, no matter how good you make KWS itself, it only really comes into play once you have tracked down a Pirate/criminal so in my opinion you need to get this bit right first.

Exactly what he said. Bounty Hunting need love, especially BH beside RES. We need tracking tools and more integration and information from System Security.

Not a dig, just a bit of fun.

2.4 Bounty Hunter: I used to do your job. .................I was good at it.

3.0 Bounty Hunter: Things were simpler then.

2.4 Bounty Hunter: Why are you making it complicated?

3.0 Bounty Hunter: I didn't figure you as one for balderdash!

2.4 Bounty Hunter: What is it you want?

3.0 Bounty Hunter: I just want to ask you for some feedback.

Is this willful ignorance? This whole thread people are going on and on about BGS manipulation and personal reputation that can be done with the old KWS. There's probably 30 posters in this thread that don't care about the credits at all, we only care about the ability to use the KWS as a tool for rep and influence.

The reason everyone kicked and screamed so much is because FD's original concept was taking away this functionality from the PvE/BGS guys in order to make the KWS into a tool for PvP bounty hunting.

The current solution makes the thing about 90% as useful as it was for PvE and ALSO makes it useful for PvP if people want to use it for that. I tend to think PvP players will not give up a utility slot for it, but I guess that remains to be seen.

You seem to have become pretty wound up over my comment given nothing you have said is mutually exclusive from what I said.

I did only comment on the mechanics of its intended use, but so far we've both established that the current incarnation of the KWS is either for extra small change or effectively unintended BGS manipulation, and that the new KWS is becoming something more in PvP than mentally justifying it to yourself.

Explain what get yer hackles up if you would?

Top Bottom