Lady Kahina to be a Power?

Is it just me, or does Elite: Reclamation's description of the Courier seems based on the old Courier, and it actually matches the current Clipper much more than it matches the new Courier?

First week (or days in the beta), and Prism already being prepared for take over from Patreus.
Even if Kahina does become a power in time, I can hardly see her starting off with her home base in the middle of one of the strongest military powers.

I think you guys are right, she's up to something else at the moment.

Is it just me, or does Elite: Reclamation's description of the Courier seems based on the old Courier, and it actually matches the current Clipper much more than it matches the new Courier?

Yeah, I think so.

Though she did break the pilot's Eagle and the Courier was the replacement...

Yeah, I think so.

Though she did break the pilot's Eagle and the Courier was the replacement...

Yeah, it was described as an expensive looking large ship that looked like it could subjugate the entire planet on its own. And now it is actually smaller than the Eagle.

It would be nice, if like with videogames, you could patch books, and replace Courier with Clipper. (tho, you can't blame Drew if FDev decided to make it a ship that has almost nothing to do with the original)

Last edited:
First week (or days in the beta), and Prism already being prepared for take over from Patreus.
Even if Kahina does become a power in time, I can hardly see her starting off with her home base in the middle of one of the strongest military powers.

Uh, this is very interesting.And soul-crashing. :(

Uh, this is very interesting.And soul-crashing. :(

I'm surprised Patreus would bother with Prism. It is rather out of the way, and missions are tedious (by my design) due to the location of the station. Also, the population of the system is relatively small, so it won't provide much CC for his power, but it will cost a lot to administer being so far out. It could just be a 'beta' thing.

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:
This is one small problem I see with powerplay. We cannot do anything to prevent a power taking over a system unless it is "owned" by another power, right?

So if we would like to fight for Prisms freedom from the grasp of Patreus, there would be nothing we could do.

This is one small problem I see with powerplay. We cannot do anything to prevent a power taking over a system unless it is "owned" by another power, right?

So if we would like to fight for Prisms freedom from the grasp of Patreus, there would be nothing we could do.

Yeah nothing we can do. I think I understood we can undermine him afterwards if he ever takes the system, to try and make him lose it. But you might have to belong to another power. I don't know.

Yeah nothing we can do. I think I understood we can undermine him afterwards if he ever takes the system, to try and make him lose it. But you might have to belong to another power. I don't know.

Interesting. According to the beta guide, only powers can combat the preparation and expansion events - thus there's no way for a single unaligned system to defend itself. I think this is a good piece of feedback for the beta. I will mention it.

Cheers,

Drew.

Last edited:

I think you guys are right, she's up to something else at the moment.

Don't forget that the power shifts are accelerated for beta - it would take much longer for a system to be 'flipped' when it drops to live.

Don't forget that the power shifts are accelerated for beta - it would take much longer for a system to be 'flipped' when it drops to live.

Yeah accelerated to two days for a preparation/expansion/control full cycle I think in beta?

But still, it will happen in one week when 1.3 goes live. Even if Prism doesn't become a control system, Patreus will surely get one within 15ly, and Prism will then become exploited by it.

I fear they did not think about the relevance of "small" systems. Now I understand the concern I read in another thread, that minor factions are pretty much useless now.

I hope the question gets adressed.

I can't stand Patreus, I'd rather see Prism go to Arissa :(

Same here..

The problem is even if there was a way of stoping him from expanding into Prism as a control system, he can still get whatever system within 15 ly of Prism and thus have it in his power.
The only way would be defending every single system within 15 ly of Prism.. impossible (-_-").

The way I see it, we need to boost the controlling (minor) faction of Prism to be a power, which IS (in theory) possible. We would only need to have it expand and take control of about a few dozen systems. (piece of cake, huh)

The way I see it, we need to boost the controlling (minor) faction of Prism to be a power, which IS (in theory) possible. We would only need to have it expand and take control of about a few dozen systems. (piece of cake, huh)

All that in one week of course, before Patreus gets his dirty hands on it. Piece of very very big cake :D

Goose4291

Banned

Don't forget the comedy 15 minute slog in system to get to the Anchorage every time you do a bit of trading/run a mission for them. :(

Top Bottom