LaveCon 2018 QA quick recap

Oh frack, the DSS launches the probes???!?!!??

Okay, my initial impressions base on Eagleboy's summary were inaccurate. You should have included that in your OP Eagleboy!!! :D

This Q&A session is great so far.

They also mentioned you can syntheses the probes.

Yeah, so I'm guessing the drones are limpets which you still need to store in cargo space. That's my biggest concern about this right now, most non Asp/Anaconda exploration ships don't have space to spare to carry cargo racks for limpets.

Oh frack, the DSS launches the probes???!?!!??

Okay, my initial impressions base on Eagleboy's summary were inaccurate. You should have included that in your OP Eagleboy!!! :D

This Q&A session is great so far.

Plus they can either be launched in Multicrew or just by a lone pilot

That's a lot of things, did not expect so many ! Thanks a lot for the recap :)

Now, can we expect screenshots/clips from that ?

Sounds good.

I especially like the sound of these sensor drones. This is exactly the kind of active exploration that we need.

I totally agree, however with the technology we have drones should have been in at the beginning. Can't wait for it to happen tho. Will make exploration a little bit more exciting with all the added POI's

Thanks for the updates. This all sounds sensibly achievable as well as an interesting set of improvements.

Hope there's more to come. Any news on hula-girl bobble-heads?

e. loving the art concepts for the variety of asteroids in belts... f-a-b!!!!

Last edited:
Sandro states that when you blanket a planet with probes you will get sensor data to tell you about anything of interest there, this is good. However, he says it will either point us straight to it or leave a breadcrumb trail to it, they haven't worked out that detail yet.

I really hope it's the latter and not the former. I don't want precise locations to simply fly down to and find it, like we currently get now when within 1000ls of a ruin for example. I'd rather have the sensors indicate a search zone of meager proportions, which we then have to work further towards locating our prize. I still think surface heatmaps are the best way to do this.

Still promising though, very promising!

You forgot these.

1zHzba5.png

1R719Hl.png

Mv3DtOx.png
sxTpQ6a.png

BuI4zHp.jpg

RYSxAnT.jpg

JiCPZgv.jpg

q1nT1vz.png

veUaMzj.jpg

gUW1ihK.png

tKeSS9l.png

obkqTUo.png

DfQL4lzWAAA8PdY.jpg:large

Sandro states that when you blanket a planet with probes you will get sensor data to tell you about anything of interest there, this is good. However, he says it will either point us straight to it or leave a breadcrumb trail to it, they haven't worked out that detail yet.

I really hope it's the latter and not the former. I don't want precise locations to simply fly down to and find it, like we currently get now when within 1000ls of a ruin for example. I'd rather have the sensors indicate a search zone of meager proportions, which we then have to work further towards locating our prize. I still think surface heatmaps are the best way to do this.

Still promising though, very promising!

I'm hoping it's both.

Top Bottom