Leaving Frontier, A New Adventure, and the Best Community Ever

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

It’s with my head held high, and a heart absolutely crammed full of love, that I have to tell you that January will be my last month at Frontier Developments. The last four years have been incredible, and now it’s time for me to embark on a new adventure!

I’ll still be working in the games industry, and I’ll still be in Community Management, so hopefully you’ll see me around!

I’m not exaggerating when I tell you that it’s been the best four years of my life, and I have you lot (yeah that’s you reading this) to thank for it. It took me a while to find my career calling in life, but when I found the Frontier community, and Community Management, I realised that this was exactly where I wanted to be.

The Frontier communities are astonishing. You’ve changed lives by raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity, and saved lives simply by forming strong groups and friendships. I’ve journeyed across the stars with people I would now call close friends or family, and been overwhelmed by your support, kindness and passion. I’ve loved videogames all my life, but through working with you, the Frontier community I’ve seen the true positive potential that games, and strong communities in general, can have on the world. Sincerely, thank you.

Sometimes I have to take a moment to sit back and think how lucky I’ve been to work with some of the most talented people on the planet. Because of the nature of my job I’ve interacted with every area of the business here at Frontier, and I’m still blown away every day by the tenacity, dedication, creativity, ingenuity and drive displayed by those who work here. It’s inspiring. I can’t wait to be part of Frontier’s communities and experience and play the games from a completely different perspective.

It’ll come as no surprise to tell you that I worked most closely with the Community Team. Brett, Zac (still counts), Bo, Paige, Will, Paul, Chanté and Steggs are the best. They’re a shining example of how Community Management should be done within the industry, and if I can take with me even an ounce of what we achieved at Frontier somewhere else, then I will be proud of the work I’ve done. With these CMs looking after you, representing you and engaging with you, you’re in the safest possible hands. Thank you team. I’ve loved working with you all so much.

It would take me far too long to talk through all of my highlights from my time at Frontier, as the list would be near endless, but I hope I’ve left enough of a trail all over the YouTube channels, Twitter and Twitch for you to work out that most of those highlights are available for all the world to see!

You can follow me on Twitter @edwardclewis, or also on Twitch at twitch.tv/edwardclewis – I can’t promise you’ll see me on the latter very much, but who knows, we may be able to squeeze a bisquiz/biscuit review in every now and then (here’s hoping). I’m still around, you know where to find me, and I’m always up for having a chat… no matter the subject.

In short, I loved it. Thank you all.

All of the best ones are still here *pauses for a second, points at heart, and then at head*... they always will be...

Yours gratefully and sincerely,

Ed

Ed, It's been a pleasure to work along side you all these years, and I can't wait to see where this crazy ride takes you next! The offer of a sofa bed remains open always my friend! Onwards!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
All the best mate, you're always welcome at ours for a cuppa. Been a privilege to know and work with you.

Last edited:
Oh noooo...
Very sad to see you go...but I wish you the best for whatever you are going to do next. Frontier will never be the same without you.

I am sad face. It was a pleasure meeting you, and watching/listening via the various streams. Best of luck for what comes next.

I'm not mad...

I look forward to seeing where you go next, I am sure you will be a massive benefit to them... and a loss to us.

However the team you have working with you in Frontier will go from strength to strength on the foundations you have built!

Fair travels, Ed. You've been a core part of this game's history and evolution. Hope to see you around elsewhere and among the stars.

Ed, It's been a pleasure to work along side you all these years, and I can't wait to see where this crazy ride takes you next! The offer of a sofa bed remains open always my friend! Onwards!

Thank you DJ. Absolutely. Always loved hanging out with you and getting involved with your streams. Keep 'em coming.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom