Lego Asp Scout (UCS minifig 1:96ish scale) update

To tide over waiting for Odyssey I'm going full dad and making a big Minifig scale ED ship- the much er...loved Asp Scout. My aim is to finish it before EDO comes out so I can take my time. The camera is a bit naff too, so apologies for the quality.

The objective is to have it packed with detail- so far its free standing on fully retractable landing gear, has a working cargo scoop, rear ramp and has an SRV bay that can accommodate a small SRV. Both cockpits are almost to size- the ship is bang on Nanofig / microfig scale (whatever they are called) but I decided to do a halfway house 'best fit' because the smaller figures are a bit naff. Eventually I want upper corridors and rooms, although the 'lower deck' is almost there (i.e. a corridor between the lower cockpit, SRV bay, cargo hatch and rear hatch).

I'm not too keen on EDs interior designs so I'm taking influences from films like Alien and industrial machinery / current engineering too. Its also a challenge making such a large model robust enough to be free standing as its getting chonky :D

ACP_S_C.jpg

ASP_S_D.jpg

ASP_S_E.jpg

ASP_S_F.jpg

ASP_S_G.jpg

I'm a stickler for perfection, so I tend to refactor the details and I might be some time....plenty of opportunity for FD to do those Powerplay changes eh, eh? :D

logs onto BrickLink

Bar missing the bitten off bit of calf on the leg photo...

Wow! That is an amazing project, I look forward to regular updates with every piece being place explained in great detail - I also reserve the right to insist you farm it out to another builder due to your being incompetent...

Oh! Sorry! I was in player mode rather than genuine appreciation for something being created...

Bar missing the bitten off bit of calf on the leg photo...

Wow! That is an amazing project, I look forward to regular updates with every piece being place explained in great detail - I also reserve the right to insist you farm it out to another builder due to your being incompetent...

Oh! Sorry! I was in player mode rather than genuine appreciation for something being created...

Don't worry, each piece is given a nerd like label like "forward bulkhead" and "power junction bus".

I am a dad, after all :D

Top Bottom