Lego Asp Scout (UCS minifig 1:96ish scale) update

As sound design is probably the best part of the game, I’m expecting only the crispest-sounding brittle explosion when you inevitably drop it...

Otherwise, crack on sir! My inner child is throwing you all the o7

This iteration (this is the third rebuild from scratch) is quite solid. The problem is distributing the weight of the model on its landing legs without flexing the model.

That looks brilliant, great work!

I've recently found Brickowl to a decent alternative to Bricklink, they had a number of parts sold from Europe that were tricky or expensive to get posted from the US.

Thanks for the tip! Right now I need lots and lots of regular bricks rather than stuff for detail- its such a shame that the colours I want are like double the price.

Sky pink Asp anyone?

I just built this, the inside of the feet were hot pink and grizzly green, like the Joker is hiding.

You could always use the cheaper brick colours for the internal structures?

AB9BFCF2-CE81-428D-9A5F-F8EAA2B60D44.jpeg

o7

Thanks for the tip! Right now I need lots and lots of regular bricks rather than stuff for detail- its such a shame that the colours I want are like double the price.

Sky pink Asp anyone?

The worst part is getting really far in the build then finding a crucial element is only available in some odd colour or for mad money, at least FD have helped out in this respect with a bunch of strange colour schemes to go with.

I've recently restored my childhood classic space and added all the sets I missed in the 70's & 80's so the hunt from old grey was a very expensive nightmare (especially monorail track!).

Good luck with it and keep a good grip when swooshing it about the living room.

I APPROVE OF THIS THREAD!!

As the guy who made this monstrosity ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lego-technic-srv-wip.521140/ ) and it having taken 7 months to design I salute you on taking on this project!

A few words from my experience, which I hope help... Seeing as you seem to be making it by hand (as in not using LDD) you can side step the mistake I made of using rare or discontinued parts without realising it. Also bricklink is brilliant for bulk ordering parts, but don't forget about Rebrickable - they have an extensive catalogue of parts and alternative parts to use if the one you want is hard to get.

If you can, try and keep a record of how many parts it is, AFOLs love those kinds of stats :)

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Top Bottom