Lego Technic SRV (WIP)

Wow - just stunning Nick. Love the photos, nice touch with the background image and the rough terrain. So how many pieces went into the build roughly?

Well guys... I did it!

uc

uc

uc

uc

Close up details, including how I made it light up... this large model was made with a mix of used and new parts, so some are slightly discoloured but only really noticable when looking closely.

uc

uc

All the wires for the cockpit lights go through two pin holes you can make out at the back of this image:
uc

uc

The lights can be powered by a mains USB charger or by a USB battery pack.

uc

The boosters do go up and down, powered by the Lego Power Functions battery pack and motors. The tracked turret can move along the top of the roof via another Lego motor.
uc

uc

uc

and here you can see the inside. the two roof panels open up and the tracked turret swings up to allow access to the insides

uc
Super-Awesome!

Wow - just stunning Nick. Love the photos, nice touch with the background image and the rough terrain. So how many pieces went into the build roughly?

Thanks dude!

In total it has around 2,100 parts. I ordered 1,953 and had the tracks, wheels, rims, various lift arms and stuff plus power functions already to hand. Easilly came to a couple of hundred quid, plus lighting kit too :)

Cheers - It was awarded in a "First Lego League" competition a few years ago, in which my son was part of a team that won that trophy at school. I seen you making pogress with the SRV and came up with the idea of photoshopping "his" / the schools trophy for you.
So thoughtful, thank you!!

Well guys... I did it!

uc

uc

uc

uc

Close up details, including how I made it light up... this large model was made with a mix of used and new parts, so some are slightly discoloured but only really noticable when looking closely.

uc

uc

All the wires for the cockpit lights go through two pin holes you can make out at the back of this image:
uc

uc

The lights can be powered by a mains USB charger or by a USB battery pack.

uc

The boosters do go up and down, powered by the Lego Power Functions battery pack and motors. The tracked turret can move along the top of the roof via another Lego motor.
uc

uc

uc

and here you can see the inside. the two roof panels open up and the tracked turret swings up to allow access to the insides

uc
Utterly, totally, fantastic.
My admiration knows no bounds.
Congratulations.

Top Bottom