Lore questions. :)

So awesome to see you posting here! I have heard a lot about you and of course, Salome'. I am so hoping that your presence may herald interesting things to come. Maybe I shall reverse my self-imposed ban on reading fiction and read your books. hmmmmmm......

Anyways, here is a question for you that you may/may not wish to answer. When you write, are you simply telling a story that happens to be in the future or are you using the future to create the story? I suspect that it's probably both for you. The reason I am asking is because I am very interested why some creations have longevity, i.e. Shakespeare, Beethoven, Tolkien, Rembrandt, etc. and why most are forgotten. I have a feeling that this might have to do with being able to tap the Collective Unconscious, the concept of Jung's. Somehow or another, the creator is able to gain access to the deeper layers of the subconscious. Furthermore I don't believe the specific genre is too important.

Maybe I am being to convoluted and silly and making things more complicated than necessary.
Thanks for listening and have a great weekend.

o7
s
:)

So awesome to see you posting here! I have heard a lot about you and of course, Salome'. I am so hoping that your presence may herald interesting things to come. Maybe I shall reverse my self-imposed ban on reading fiction and read your books. hmmmmmm......

Anyways, here is a question for you that you may/may not wish to answer. When you write, are you simply telling a story that happens to be in the future or are you using the future to create the story? I suspect that it's probably both for you. The reason I am asking is because I am very interested why some creations have longevity, i.e. Shakespeare, Beethoven, Tolkien, Rembrandt, etc. and why most are forgotten. I have a feeling that this might have to do with being able to tap the Collective Unconscious, the concept of Jung's. Somehow or another, the creator is able to gain access to the deeper layers of the subconscious. Furthermore I don't believe the specific genre is too important.

Maybe I am being to convoluted and silly and making things more complicated than necessary.
Thanks for listening and have a great weekend.

o7
s
:)

Great question. :)

I would tend to favour the former (I'm not aware of consciously tapping into anything other than my imagination) however, the older I get the more I doubt the black and white concepts I held when I was younger, so it wouldn't do to discount anything.

Cheers,

Drew.

You showing up on the forum when you have is auspicious Drew!
Myself and a number of others within the Children of Raxxla have recently (as in the last couple of weeks) been going over some of the fine details of the lore in Reclamation and Premonition (and how it interconnects with the other official Elite publications). I'm sure there will be some questions coming along from others, but I want to ask a handful of direct questions which are yes/no answers.

Is Infrastructure one of Walden's clones?
Is Finance Patricia Spellman?
Is Luko Cmdr John Jameson Jr?
If Luko is not Cmdr John Jameson Jr, is he of the Jameson lineage?

There will be a lot more detailed searching questions coming along, but I'll start with those if I may. :)

You showing up on the forum when you have is auspicious Drew!
Myself and a number of others within the Children of Raxxla have recently (as in the last couple of weeks) been going over some of the fine details of the lore in Reclamation and Premonition (and how it interconnects with the other official Elite publications). I'm sure there will be some questions coming along from others, but I want to ask a handful of direct questions which are yes/no answers.

Is Infrastructure one of Walden's clones?
Is Finance Patricia Spellman?
Is Luko Cmdr John Jameson Jr?
If Luko is not Cmdr John Jameson Jr, is he of the Jameson lineage?

There will be a lot more detailed searching questions coming along, but I'll start with those if I may. :)

Hi Zenith,

I can't 'out' the Club at this time I'm afraid, but the Jameson lineage is a shrewd observation. ;)

Cheers,

Drew.

Any reason you know of why a scientific probe/mission wouldn't have been sent to the closest Wolf-Rayet to Earth once the necessary tech had been developed?

Also, was the order of causality different to what's commonly expressed with regard to the collapse of galcop and the loss of quirium drives?

;)

Sorry Drew, we can't waste this opportunity....

Do you believe there is a direct link between the Club and CIEP?

Will any of your characters be making a return, Alessa in particular?

Just how old is Elyssia?.....

Where did the cloning programme originate?

Is Cuthrick Delaney connected to the Dark Wheel?

Cheers, JT

What was the first ever witchspace jump?. when and where? What kind of spaceship was it? Was it an experimental type of ship?

I would like to follow up on Luko some more, since there's depths to the character that aren't directly referenced in the books.

Luko is Luciano Prestigio Giovanni.
Luciano - latin for Light.
Prestigio - Italian for prestige, widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality.
Giovanni - John

He flies a Cowell and MgRath 3120 edition Cobra mk3. This was made clear in Elite:Reclamation. It was also repeated in chapter 26 of Elite: Premonition.
He has absolutely perfect piloting skills. As proven by the way he lands "Bella Principessa" at...
Darnielle's Progress during the meta-alloy heist.
He has a way of making exceptional ability seem effortless.
He is able to manually plot a course between systems using dead reckoning... bypassing permit locks.
This was how he was able to jump into Col 70 Sector at the end of chapter 28 in Elite: Premonition.
His multicannons...
tear apart Thargoid Interceptors. Implication is that they are AX MCs... before they are publicly available. Therefore either a prototype, or Luko has early access to experimental weaponry.
He's clearly Elite.

I think Cmdr Luciano Prestigio Giovanni is Cmdr John Jameson Jr.

He's out to avenge what INRA and The Club did to his father, Cmdr John Jameson Snr, leaving him cast adrift after delivering the Mycoid to the Thargoids.
I think he's taken on the name Luko/Luciano to shine a light on what wants to remain hidden in the shadows.
He has a great respect for the abilities of his father hence the "prestigio"
Giovanni is Italian for "John".

If Luko was a Jameson with direct lineage to Peter Jameson, the first Elite Pilot, then he would likely have the capability to go beyond the Elite rank and join the Elite Federation of Pilots. The Elite of the Elite.
He would be a... Founder.

If the Founders are directing the cloning program from Teorge, then they've been doing it for centuries, using their cloned operatives to protect humanity's interests from behind the scenes.
When Salomé met with Elyssia Fields at the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard, Elyssia said,
‘Shinrarta Dezhra?’ The woman laughed, her scorn plain to hear. ‘You think the Dark Wheel advertises on a station board in plain sight? That we need rookie pilots to drag a couple of tonnes of thrumpberry flavouring across to
Hutton orbital? A trivial ploy to keep the founders amused.’
I believe The Dark Wheel is a subset of The Founders that "get things done". The bit about "to keep the founders amused" is very subtle. I read that as the Founders keep themselves amused by engaging others to help with "getting things done".

So there's my thread of thought about Luko.

Is Luko one of The Founders?

(Yes, I have probably spent far too much timing thinking about these things over the last 18 months...)

Last edited:
What was the first ever witchspace jump?. when and where? What kind of spaceship was it? Was it an experimental type of ship?

Hyperspace was discovered (apparently) in the 2200s or thereabouts, but it took another 600 years for the technology to reach what we'd recognise as mainstream adoption. The first faraway jump was in the 2800s and this was when the phrase "Witch-space" started to appear.

Details in GalNet here > https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet/uid/586f796c9657ba3357039d07

Cheers,

Drew.

So there's my thread of thought about Luko.

Is Luko one of The Founders?

(Yes, I have probably spent far too much timing thinking about these things over the last 18 months...)

I think you're the first person to note "Giovanni = John", Good spot. :)

You're very close actually, but you may want to reconsider the Founders/Dark Wheel interaction.

Cheers,

Drew.

Is eye color in certain characters intentional, and relevant?

Yes, and yes.

Cheers,

Drew.

Sorry Drew, we can't waste this opportunity....

Do you believe there is a direct link between the Club and CIEP?

Will any of your characters be making a return, Alessa in particular?

Just how old is Elyssia?.....

Where did the cloning programme originate?

Is Cuthrick Delaney connected to the Dark Wheel?

Cheers, JT

I didn't write the lore on the CIEP, that was John Harper I believe, however I imagine the Club has interacted with them over the decades.

Alessia Verdi is still alive, having lost her father and her mentor in 3303 she's been something of a recluse, however, perhaps the time is right for her to return.

Elyssia Fields was nearly two hundred years old at the point she died, but that had been radically extended by the use of cybernetics and genetics.

The cloning programme originated on the clone world itself - Teorge.

Cuthrick Delaney - no, he's not connected to the Dark Wheel. He was always concerned with the effective protection of the Prism system itself, and was always loyal to the Empire above all things.

Cheers,

Drew.

Hi Drew. Good to see you haunting the Forums again.

I have a question: John Graham. When you guys got the license to write official Elite: Dangerous fiction was there ever any intention for this character to be anything more than just a clever Easter egg referencing Braben and Bell? The name was particularly noticeable in the Tales from the Frontier anthology since different characters with the same name were introduced so closely to each other. The inclusion of cloning in Premonition has only increased my suspicion that the Grahams might be clones seeded across the galaxy.

Hi Zenith, nice theory. Just a nitpick:

I would like to follow up on Luko some more, since there's depths to the character that aren't directly referenced in the books.

Luko is Luciano Prestigio Giovanni.
Luciano - latin for Light.

Lucio is the italian name that directly refers to "light", from latin name Lucius, a name based on Lux,Lucis i.e., light. Luciano derives from the roman cognomen Lucianus that is a patronymic for Lucio, thus indicating that Luciano is the son of Lucio or, being a cognomen, marking a belonging to a particular gens.

Plus, wasn't Luciano the name of the taxi driver?

Last edited:
Top Bottom