Lost my Fer de Lance by slight bump of Anaconda

[This is for devs, I couldn't find Issues subforum or something like that, so I post here]

I was doing PVE, I and enemy lost shields, then, when I already killed him, before he exploded, he slightly bumped me, and my ship seem to destroyed (Fer de Lance, 97% hull).

Now it's asking to rebuy the ship. So, I will rebuy the ship and you will compense it's cost... or what do I do?

give anaconada room to explode appon destruction
still if in a ramming contest with an annie vs a fer with no shields my moneys on the annie
submit a support ticket if telemetry checks out and you were wronged you'll have your refund

Last edited:
[This is for devs, I couldn't find Issues subforum or something like that, so I post here]

I was doing PVE, I and enemy lost shields, then, when I already killed him, before he exploded, he slightly bumped me, and my ship seem to destroyed (Fer de Lance, 97% hull).

Now it's asking to rebuy the ship. So, I will rebuy the ship and you will compense it's cost... or what do I do?
Devs don't (officially) read the forum, and devs also don't do support work.
If you want support, you can contact them through the support page - the link for your kind of issue is

(assuming you were playing on PC, as this here is the PC subforum). Current response time is out of this world, though - the Odyssey problems are many.

Otherwise, you could also look at your logs (or install something like EDDiscovery and have those logs displayed in a better readable format) to check what actually happened (ot rather, what the game recorded as having happened).

Then again, the rebuy on your Ferdie shouldn't be much more than the 5.3 MCr. on my Mamba. If you know what you're doing, less than 30 minutes of game time. Kind of like the small change you get from killing would-be NPC pirates from an IF after a week of playing. Your choice whether you want to wait a few days for a response from support or just forget it and go on.

I read or heard some where that debris from exploding ships will not cause damage to other ships that get hit with it. If that's true, and as you stated you shield were down, you apparently got hit with a significant amount of debris to destroy your ship.
A couple of days ago, a mission I was on forced me to fight an Corvette, I was in a Python. Maybe it just me, but generally when I go up against a Vette, in my Python, they like to get close. real close. I've done it several times. But a couple of days ago, when the Vette exploded, a large part of debris, totally destroyed my wind screen.

Odyssey? Horizons?

IIRC in Odyssey Alpha collisions were doing incredible amount of damage...
Maybe this bug slipped through the release, woundnt be the first time

had the opposite thing happen to me on horizons( havent bought Odyssey yet). barely skinned a Fer-de-lance with my Corvette, He had no shields but about 95% hull and i had shields. He exploded immediately. I shrugged and opened scoop

The mass velocity damage model figuring may have been changed a bit.. The smaller ship in a collision seems to be taking far more damage over a larger area than they were a few weeks ago. Even shields up. I ram killed an Elite FDL with 50ish % shields and high 90's % hull with one boost thwack in my cutter. I expected to take him down one ring or so, and maybe take the shields all the way down if he tumbled around in front of me taking fire for a few seconds b4 boosting away, but it was an insta kill. It was not the only one that session. I assumed the NPC's just got a bad outfitting/engineering RNG for that CZ. Reading this thread, I am not so sure.

The mass velocity damage model figuring may have been changed a bit.. The smaller ship in a collision seems to be taking far more damage over a larger area than they were a few weeks ago. Even shields up. I ram killed an Elite FDL with 50ish % shields and high 90's % hull with one boost thwack in my cutter. I expected to take him down one ring or so, and maybe take the shields all the way down if he tumbled around in front of me taking fire for a few seconds b4 boosting away, but it was an insta kill. It was not the only one that session. I assumed the NPC's just got a bad outfitting/engineering RNG for that CZ. Reading this thread, I am not so sure.
sounds strange my python rams and only loses a small amount of shields,agaist a NPC player,but is g5 engineered all around,not to worry everyone is diffrent

Top Bottom