LRH 3305 Expedition (Beagle --> Bubble via Sagittarius-Carina Arm)

xerYRJu.png

Prie Aod XI-T d3-38 (20190719-225155)

...i never found penduncles so far (but i made some quick journeys to make some distance)...

...so i guess they can be seen after the fss scan (left part of the "Radio"spectrum)...

True?

Will enjoy this in vr...

Yes.
They are magnificent close up, the detail is incredible and the size of them in VR is impressive but after you've seen your 200th Penduncle, I'm like "meh" :)

When you do find them BTW, wait until you get a group of the loose pods all close together, get up real close and turn on your headlights.....

Jeff.

As I was making my way thru the endless Abyss today, I had started my next jump, and said wait, what??!! I canceled the jump, as It had on the screen that I was entering the Archeron sector!! I started it back up to make sure i was not hallucinating (you know, a touch of space madness is always a possibility!) and lo and behold, I was not! I am getting closer to WP2, less then 50 jumps now.

...always enjoying the pictures in our thread. Indeed, such a bright glowing blue, almost unreal.

Safe travels!

P. S. ...delayed greetings to sqadron- and (distant) travelmate alexfighter... Saw your ingame message like hours later sry, not the best communicator in the void

....there seem to be some people around wp 7 right now,hmm?

6pjM3VE.png
F7E5duy.png
ca4M1Bq.png

So this is
Eembaitl DL-Y d13 @ -4.2211 / 36.3972 close to WP7 and a little brighter...

... and this is for CMDR
Corbin Moran

Last edited:
I noticed that Ultima Centauri is on your list of waypoints :)

When we were planning the Sagittarius-Carina Mission back in 3301 that system was originally chosen as the most eastern point of the route and also sort of a half way marker between Sol and Beagle Point. We did not know the contents of the system before setting out (and at the time no other interesting POIs in that region of space were known).

The contents of the system itself proved to be nothing out of the ordinary - though there is an ice planet with some nice terrain. But because of its modest content Ultima Centauri is sort of a symbol of the dogged determination required to travel the sparse regions of Sagittarius-Carina, and also of the exploration spirit to set out into the unknown.

A personal regret of mine from the days of the Sag-Car Mission is that we never made a meetup at Ultima Centauri - instead the participants visited it individually as they passed it. If you guys should manage to do a meetup there I would be happy for any images you could provide. I would like to add it to the GMP entry for that waypoint including a short description of the visit from your expedition.
Corbin -

We are in the Ultima Centauri region now....The EDSM body & coordinates are a bit dark however - so we are at a nearby system that features a number of ringed planets - plentiful materials (via 6-8 bodies with volcanic / geological sites) - and a nice pair of co-orbiting moons....Planning some planet-side relaxation- but if you had something specific in mind for UC pictures- I am sure we can set something up!

o7

Dan
Source: https://imgur.com/tNnJwkZ

Corbin -

We are in the Ultima Centauri region now....The EDSM body & coordinates are a bit dark however - so we are at a nearby system that features a number of ringed planets - plentiful materials (via 6-8 bodies with volcanic / geological sites) - and a nice pair of co-orbiting moons....Planning some planet-side relaxation- but if you had something specific in mind for UC pictures- I am sure we can set something up!

o7

Dan
Source: https://imgur.com/tNnJwkZ

Any screenshots showing multiple CMDRS on any location on orbital body B 4 a in the UC system would be appreciated :)

There are multiple deep canyons there - so perhaps an SRV race if you feel like it :)

Top Bottom