LRH 3305 Expedition (Beagle --> Bubble via Sagittarius-Carina Arm)

Proposed SRV activities / contests while in the vicinity of Ultima Centauri (WP7). We've based ourselves at Eembaitl GR-W d1-20 AB 3 GeoSite 20, although we'll want to go together to the waypoint WP7 for some screenshots. In the meantime, I've found the following places for SRV fun:

- Space launch.
Description: Use the water geysers to propel your SRV to high altitudes. Step onto them and capture your maximum altitude.
Location: Eembaitl DL-Y d13 (Ultima Centauri) B 4 a - Geo 37 or Geo 38 depending on the day/night cycle.
Tips & tricks: When falling back to the ground, land flat on your wheels to avoid / minimize damage. Assist ON may help you level your vehicle.

- Ship jumping.
Description: line up your ships and try to pass them over. Alternatively, you can simply see who jumps further or higher.
Location: Eembaitl GR-W d1-20 (meeting system) AB 5 b. Launching ramp is at [4.648634,1.340661]. For ship jumping, place the first ship at [4.65522,1.349911] and put the rest behind it keeping a straight line from the ramp. There's a crater beside the launching ramp that may be used too to improvise.
Tips & tricks: the thrusters are disabled when you're near a ship, so put full power on them and burn them dry before that happens. If you manage to achieve a high altitude the thrusters may work again. Try to land on your wheels specially if you're going to fall on a ship.
Bonus: there are two craters beside the ramp separated more than 1km. You can jump between them too.

- Climb race.
Description: try to reach the highest peak of a mountain range and be the first to make it.
Location: Eembaitl GR-W d1-20 (meeting system) AB 5 b a . Two alternatives you can use depending on the day/night cycle.
a) Start in [20.417742, -85.218246] and climb to [19.263174,-84.150864].
b) Start in [9.369266,105.551796] and climb to [8.155627,104.815865] depending on the day/night cycle.
Tips & tricks: locate your SRV repair in the synthesis panel; if you fall at some point and lose control, you may want to use it before you get too scared. The more expensive repair makes your hull double its strength.
Bonus: if you feel brave, you can try to jump from the peak (or nearby where you can get some impulse) all the way down and record a nice video. Be prepared for a challenging landing.

- Circuit race.
Description: be the fastest around a given track.
Location: Eembaitl GR-W d1-20 (meeting system) AB 2 a . Use a suitable reference at: [43.209412,-85.810509] as the start and finish line. The track direction is from that point to the inside of the canyon, and it consists simply on going around one of the two plateaus that form the canyon. Choose right or left and the number of laps and there you go. You might want to note lap times in case you're on your own, and share them with the others.
Tips & tricks: would you dare to cut track? Nobody can keep you from doing so, but you'll have to climb for that. Will it pay off?
Bonus: you can combine both tracks and do an 8-figure.

General advice:
  • For places where coordinates are given, help yourself with E.D.I.S.O.N. It allows you to enter coordiantes and guides you with visual and audio indications. It works since you enter orbital flight, so it can lead you directly to a specific spot from space. You must use "borderless" or "windowed" screen mode for the visual indications to work.
  • Have materials to refuel and repair your SRV in the activities that lead you far from your ship.
  • Remember that the front suspension absorbs more damage when you're moving forward, because it has four wheels. However if you're falling from some height, try to land as flat as you can, to avoid a bad rebound that gets your vehicle spinning wildly.
  • Have fun.

Last edited:
Hi, i am a little beyond wp7 now.

Not sure about it but i am thinking of turning back for the show at eembaitl.

Do you know a meeting time and is the exact site known already?

I might have time tomorrow saturday at utc 19.00 (austrian time 21.00).

But not for sure, i ll let you know.

I am not using discord, but i read here an i think i can figure out the text chat ingame. I am part of our sqad and fleetcom group member.

Rock n roll, waldgeist

There will be two official meetings, Saturday and Sunday at 18:00 UTC, so we'll be there for you tomorrow. In any case some of us would be on and off during the weekend.

Cool thanks.

I sometimes - esp. In vr,i have problems in communicating via text chat ingame. So don't think i am rude if i don t manage to answer. My ship is a blackish conda (well it used to be black) called wss phase. Got 5 nicgzauadian fighters for flying fun,and still 3 srvs...

Hope i can make it

By the way, if you want to add roles in your first posting
- srv, slf & repair/hull seal
Timezone is UTC +2 (utc now is 17:00 and real time here is 19:00)

Waypoints:
Waypoint 8 at edsm says

and here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aPRwluggh9daRNkuslT_bm-dvCWedbyp/view
waypoint 8 is
Synookaea MX-L d7-0

LG and see you maybe tonight

okay, sorry, just locked into the game to check my distance out quickly
i am already 6500ly away from the meeting point... that is unfortunately to far to return

very sorry about that. - but maybe someone is close to wp8 soon?

Last edited:
Waldgeist -

WP8 was officially changed to Rhadia - because Synookaea turns out to require both FSD injections AND a ship with a long jump range to reach...So it is only a POI (optional) now...

Sorry we missed you - you can always try sending a o7 salute in the Squad Chat channel in game - as well you can see who is on in the friends channel and GalMap

o7
Dan

hi, here some impressions from waitpoint 8

007-008 1 elw greou phio uv-c d13-5 b3.png

^on the way to waipoint 8 a beatiful elw

and one of the black holes
WP8.png

WP8-2.png

....hmm route to waitpoint 9 will be more interesting - on the "direct route" i feel there is a lack of stars - hints apreciated, if not, well, i gotta figure out a route,

Last edited:
hi, here some impressions from waitpoint 8

View attachment 140784
^on the way to waipoint 8 a beatiful elw

and one of the black holes
View attachment 140785
View attachment 140786

....hmm route to waitpoint 9 will be more interesting - on the "direct route" i feel there is a lack of stars - hints apreciated, if not, well, i gotta figure out a route,

On our discord, check the "Discoveries_new-poi channel, and scroll up to a post dated 6/20 by Chaos that has a detailed waypoint route to approach both WP9 and WP10. You'll need jumponium on a few jumps, but it is a pretty good route. I already flew the part up to and past WP9, and I am currently about to reach WP10 and the route works pretty good.

hi, thanks a lot for the info

i also found this from space trash in discord

WP8 Rhadia AA-A h59 --> Preou Aihm AX-E c11-0 POI** --> Option: Visit Synookaea MX-L d7-0 (former WP8) - 76 Ly jump required Eifaif ZW-V b8-0 WP9 Blea Airgh EI-B d13-1

on my way...

hi, thanks a lot for the info

i also found this from space trash in discord

WP8 Rhadia AA-A h59 --> Preou Aihm AX-E c11-0 POI** --> Option: Visit Synookaea MX-L d7-0 (former WP8) - 76 Ly jump required Eifaif ZW-V b8-0 WP9 Blea Airgh EI-B d13-1

on my way...

Yes, I went through the old WP8 before it was changed, and some jumponium was needed. I'm in a 72.49 LY range Krait Phantom, so for the most part just basic synth mats used, and just a couple premium jumps were needed. Make sure you have plenty mats before crossing "The Hook"

Hi thanks... Is the hook on the to waypoint 9 or later?

Am 6kly away from wp9 and route plotting in my 70ly conda was no problem

"The Hook" is in between WP8 and WP9.....Sorta...to be more precise is in between WP7 and WP9 because the old WP8 is further north and in an area whether stars are sparse. You need a decent jump range to reach the old WP8, though if you're at 70LY that's more than enough. I think the minimum to get there is something like 68LY. Not sure now.

the minimum jump range for the old 8 was 60lys

JumpSynookaea MX-L d7-085.93 Ly
JumpSynookaea LX-L d7-0111.99 Ly
JumpSynookaea FR-N d6-0117.12 Ly
JumpSynookaea IX-L d7-074.99 Ly
JumpSynookaea MD-K d8-084.38 Ly
JumpSynookaea LD-K d8-0114.21 Ly
JumpSynookaea OJ-I d9-0102.18 Ly
JumpBlue Hypai ZF-L d9-092.05 Ly
JumpBlue Hypai YF-L d9-0107.04 Ly
JumpBlue Hypai XF-L d9-086.08 Ly
JumpBleou Aec EQ-G d10-0108.71 Ly
JumpBleou Aec GB-F d11-0103.5 Ly
JumpBleou Aec LC-D d12-098.71 Ly
JumpBleou Aec PI-B d13-076.69 Ly
JumpBleou Aec OI-B d13-080.64 Ly
JumpBleou Aec NI-B d13-040.44 Ly
JumpBleou Aec RO-Z d13-060.91 Ly
JumpBleou Aec QO-Z d13-070.59 Ly
JumpSwoaks IA-A d0102.56 Ly
JumpNueloo HC-B d1-059.47 Ly
JumpSwoaks QM-W d1-052.76 Ly
JumpSwoaks PM-W d1-056.74 Ly
JumpSwoaks LG-Y d0101.35 Ly
JumpSwoaks OM-W d1-041.31 Ly
JumpSwoaks NM-W d1-060.75 Ly
JumpSwoaks NM-W d1-148.4 Ly

hi folks

I made it with some thinking and trying and all 3 kinds of jumponium through the easterly waypoints till 'atlantis' (wp12)
Its so much fun!

But i have - again - a question:

if i discover something very nice (not that i have so far, i think), how can i submit this to edsm as a candidate for a point of interrest?
And what could that be, what would be examples? I guess 2 elw in one system are maybe not enough?

And another question:
Often i see members of our expedition/squad chatting ingame.

But i always fail to talk to you, like alex etc.
How can i answer?
Or do i have to be in the same system?
Or be friends ingame?

Thanks for your help!

o7

First question: To add your POIs to EDSM you must submit them to the Galactic Mapping Project. The thread is:
The first post has the rules and guidelines, and yes, it has to be very special so that it can make it to EDSM map.

Second question: you want to use tabbed chats to make it easier. Open the second panel, and go to the last tab (settings) to configure all the Incoming Text Chats possible to "tabbed".

Then you'll have all the chats distributed in tabs, and you can move around them to just type Enter to write in the appropriate channel:

In order you have Local (your immediate vicinity), Direct (private messages), System, Wing, Squadron, and Squadron Leaders. So just choose Squadron and you'll be able to participate in the conversation you've only been reading until now.
There is a known bug where sometimes after jumping to a new system the chat tabs disappear. They eventually come back, or you can force it by going to the settings again and change them back and forth once.

First question: To add your POIs to EDSM you must submit them to the Galactic Mapping Project. The thread is:
The first post has the rules and guidelines, and yes, it has to be very special so that it can make it to EDSM map.

Second question: you want to use tabbed chats to make it easier. Open the second panel, and go to the last tab (settings) to configure all the Incoming Text Chats possible to "tabbed".
View attachment 142058
Then you'll have all the chats distributed in tabs, and you can move around them to just type Enter to write in the appropriate channel:
View attachment 142059
In order you have Local (your immediate vicinity), Direct (private messages), System, Wing, Squadron, and Squadron Leaders. So just choose Squadron and you'll be able to participate in the conversation you've only been reading until now.
There is a known bug where sometimes after jumping to a new system the chat tabs disappear. They eventually come back, or you can force it by going to the settings again and change them back and forth once.
Stupid keyboard operator, see below

Last edited:
I find that if you tab through all the horizontal tabs at the top, and tab again so that it returns to the first one, all the vertical tabs re-appear anyway.

Hey friends,

I decided to swing by the bubble on the way to wp19 and 20. I left some gear like fun weapons and the slf bay there to get more jumprange, now like 76ly. Also paid a visit to achrende.

Now i reached wp19 some time ago. But edsm doesn t seem to cout my visit there anymore for the expedition.

Status says completed since hitting achtende, even though i definetely haven t been at wp20.

Shall i manually upload the log of wp 19 or won t that help?

o7

Hello Waldgeist -

Unfortunately EDSM treats the expedition as "completed" - the moment you reach the "last system in the expedition list" - and at that point - it stops tracking the earlier waypoints...

Unfortunately I don't think there is anything to do but enjoy the 'completed' status. (for example - I played 'catch up' with DW2 - and skipped over several early WPs - assuming that I would have a chance to visit them on the home trip....But that was nullified as soon as I reached Beagle Point system)

Of course you are welcome to continue visiting the WPs - and I think there are a number of interesting things left to see...

In related news - I found a very cool Metal Rich world at Hypoea Prau XT-Q d5-7 3 - has both Bio- and geo-logical sites...
Source: https://i.imgur.com/zKPcrJD.png
(edited)

Found the bio sites have Amphora Plants
Source: https://i.imgur.com/XjwirtS.png

Never seen this many ground targets in SRV radar - other than Crystal Shard sites!! Got @ 6-7 Ruthenium pickups...
Source: https://i.imgur.com/PCD2Yxs.png

Happy exploring!

o7

Dan

Attachments

• 1568318188542.png
    1568318188542.png
    175.3 KB · Views: 172
Top Bottom