COMPLETED CG Maintain Security In Gliese 868 (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Example Earnings so far in CG... very little play time per day...

TRANSACTION TYPEGAINSEXPENSESPROFIT/LOSSDATE
SUMMARY32,627,279142,02132,485,25819 Mar 2022
SUMMARY31,308,8018,74231,300,05918 Mar 2022
SUMMARY23,218,169376,20122,841,96817 Mar 2022

74,560,846 for the CG the rest was bonus pay...Third day has realy bad RNG on the spawn timer... but just had more higher bounties...

Last edited:
I find it really stupid that one gets fined/bountied for friendly fire without any warning, specially while defending an installation. Come on, guys, I'm trying to save your skins here. Give me at least three strikes, may be?

Anyway, pay your bounty at Bacon Port through Interstellar Factors, NOT by turning yourself in at the Authority Contact, which will send you to jail, yes.

Also, for some reason your wanted status clears off upon coming out of SC at Bacon Port. You don't even get the anonymous access notice. Not sure if it's a bug or if it's by design while the CG lasts, but it's been happening to me all day. So you can safely request docking and land without risking getting blown up.
I think you experienced a bug. I just dropped back in at Bacon with a 400cr bounty (thanks to some federal dumbass crossing my line of fire), and I'm still showing wanted and the Interstellar factor won't let me clear it here.

My go-to before now has been Xihe, at 19.4ly away even my combat ship can make it in one jump and none of the Gliese 868 factions are there.

One thing I have noticed while fighting round the installations/megaships, as long as you don't fight back any 'friendly' ships you aggro seem to loose interest and the others don't turn. They'll still come up on the 'next hostile target' list, so check for 'wanted' before pulling the trigger, and if you have an SLF, keep them on a tight leash and move them from defensive to hold fire + attack my target orders so they don't helpfully earn you more bounties (that they don't have to pay a proportion of for some reason).

In fact, I've had a couple of occasions where the cops show up in response to my 'crime' and take my side, don't know if it's unique to the 'pick a side' aspect of installations.

Means you can stick around to the end before leaving to sorry via the florist factor.

Well, I believe the security problems in Gliese 868 are more systemic than anything else. For example, when the system security increased and the HazRes became even more secure than before, and therefore increasingly boring, I switched to guarding installations. But the bureaucrats of that stupid green party running that agricultural research facility I was guarding insisted on putting a bounty on my ship when I finally accidentally hit the facility instead of an attacker. You'd think that they might be able to accept that little bit of friendly fire from allies and issue a warning or a fine instead - especially when we're talking about a bounty of 200 Cr on a ship which earned 20 million credits defending the installation.

Im done for the CG 100million for CG and tier 5 50 million when CG completes Tues night/wed morning will do...
Shooting feds in a barrow 1 hour a day is enough... If I get pushed out the 10% bracket so be it...
FOTh5gMWQAMa_ln
This is expected to end early, so dont count on playing it Wednesday...

For those having difficulty getting credit for your kills, the only thing that matters is that the bad guy is wanted. If it says "lawless", you won't get credit. The easiest way to rack up credit is to just hang out at the Nav Beacon with some gold in your hold. Scan every ship that drops in and kill the "wanted" ones, plus any "wanted" pirates that drop in to steal your gold. Also best to do it in Solo Mode so have you no competition. I got nearly 8 million in an hour with my corvette and an NPC fighter. Good hunting.

Attachments

• CommGoalGliese.png
    CommGoalGliese.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 43
For those having difficulty getting credit for your kills, the only thing that matters is that the bad guy is wanted. If it says "lawless", you won't get credit. The easiest way to rack up credit is to just hang out at the Nav Beacon with some gold in your hold. Scan every ship that drops in and kill the "wanted" ones, plus any "wanted" pirates that drop in to steal your gold. Also best to do it in Solo Mode so have you no competition. I got nearly 8 million in an hour with my corvette and an NPC fighter. Good hunting.
Why take Corvette to a navbeacon for a laughable reward, when you can take it to local HazRES and easily get 20M+ per hour?

I guess we'll have a better idea this time tomorrow, but looking at the progress thus far I suspect it's not gonna finish early. (Still not half way there.) They judged it nicely this time :)

HasRez seems a good way to go. No need to carry anything either. Plenty of wanted ships, can easily hit 10mil an hour. Remember to hand the bounty vouchers in to the Authority Contact, otherwise they don't count toward the CG

I guess we'll have a better idea this time tomorrow, but looking at the progress thus far I suspect it's not gonna finish early. (Still not half way there.) They judged it nicely this time :)
More people play sunday to tuesday then the low turn out thursday and fridays...
its why they whine When the low turn out players manage to complete CGs by/before sunday..

Why take Corvette to a navbeacon for a laughable reward, when you can take it to local HazRES and easily get 20M+ per hour?
I haven't even looked at the HazRES with this one, I only recently discovered what megaships/installations were for and i've had a lot of fun. No racing between fuzzballs because everything nearby is dead, the targets come to you, in waves, already red, but it's not a dogpile. Not as good for combat rank, but the bounty values have been pretty good.

Installations have a bit of a wrinkle with the friendly fire restrictions, but picking one every few fights actually breaks up the tedium, can be a nice challenge being extra careful with your positioning and watching your target as long as you don't have to do it all the time.

For those having difficulty getting credit for your kills, the only thing that matters is that the bad guy is wanted. If it says "lawless", you won't get credit.
If it says lawless, then a Kill Warrant Scanner works to get you credit.
Inara currently thinks it will hit 100% just before the end; my simple linear projection thinks 95% by the end. So it will be close!

This is the first time I've been in a HazRES in literally years - I habitually use CNBs when I want to do combat - and I've been struck by how target-rich they are these days.

I occasionally have to settle for running down an Adder but there are a fair number of Anacondas, Pythons and Fer-de-Lances, and lots of Fedships - what is missing are the fallow periods of old where there would be nothing to shoot at for several minutes at a time. No having to jump out and in again to spawn more targets.

Have things really changed that much or am I misremembering? As I say, it's been probably four years since I was last in a HazRES.

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
'Lawless' just means they are in an Anarchy system where everyone is Lawless, even you! :)

This is the first time I've been in a HazRES in literally years - I habitually use CNBs when I want to do combat - and I've been struck by how target-rich they are these days.

I occasionally have to settle for running down an Adder but there are a fair number of Anacondas, Pythons and Fer-de-Lances, and lots of Fedships - what is missing are the fallow periods of old where there would be nothing to shoot at for several minutes at a time. No having to jump out and in again to spawn more targets.

Have things really changed that much or am I misremembering? As I say, it's been probably four years since I was last in a HazRES.

Yeah, same for me hadn't done any HazRes for a while and the spawn rate is much better than it used to be, like you I used to get long periods of nothingness...
Currently getting wing after wing of decent medium ships and annies.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom