COMPLETED CG Maintain Security In Gliese 868 (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Activate reboot\repair from the right panel, it will reset your shields to 50%, even if they are broken
I tried this last night without success. Flew out of the station, powered off the shield, powered it on again and it started from zero. I wasn't offered a repair or reboot button though (no AFMU) so I was clearly doing something wrong... 😬

Think that there's been some delay, or was there not time for a CG completion article when this was thrown together? Not that it'd say anything important, but as far back as I can remember there has always been a completion article, even for the most filleriest of filler.

You need to reboot the ship, not shield. Right panel - Ship tab - Reboot\repair.
Doh. OK yes that did the trick nicely, thanks! (y)
(However, it seemed to work just fine even when I did it at more than 50 m/s, so I've probably misunderstood that part somehow as well.)

I must say that this CG was really fun. I participated extensively - far more than any other. For some reason, the vibe seemed better (to me). I can't count how many CMDRs I winged-up with and played for hours. CMDRs I don't know, from experienced ones to novices. I met several who mentioned that they've never played a CG in OPEN, nor that they've ever played a CG like this that wasn't a clubbing event Often, there was more than one wing of CMDRs in the instance, meaning that we were 'stealing' kill-credit from one another (not really stealing, just who got the so-called kill-shot).

I can also say that the play made me notice networking, er, performance quite a lot, something I don't encounter during normal play, even when winging with another CMDR. With all of the stuttering of the display and sometimes rubber-banding of ships, it was sometimes difficult to know where your aim was or who got that last shot until the bounty showed (or didn't) when a pirate was eliminated. Yet, we had fun, even with all of that.

I don't need or desire (particularly) the credits; I just want to have fun. This hit the mark for me. Hope you enjoyed it too!

Now to go collect my reward! :p

Think that there's been some delay, or was there not time for a CG completion article when this was thrown together? Not that it'd say anything important, but as far back as I can remember there has always been a completion article, even for the most filleriest of filler.
Used as filler as they have nothing else for friday news as it again pushed that hudsons changes to elections are nothing but causing issues for feds...

Another caveat is you must not have any Guardian Shield Reinforcement modules installed.

Rarely need to resort to it on my BH Corvette with it's Bi-weaves, but can't do without it on my AX Cutter with its 8888MJ of shields. They would take 25 minutes to reboot by themselves, and an hour to get full strength. I'd just reboot any time I got out of combat below 50%.

An alternative is to turn off the boosters, as the generator by itself is usually much quicker. The shield will come back at 50% then but drop dramatically once the boosters are back on, but at least you have the option of using a cell at that point.

Huh, I thought they've fixed this bug long ago.

Anyway, SRPs are next to useless with prismatics. What's the point of extra 200 MJ if you already have 5-6 GJ? I usually pack some HRPs and MRPs - while rare, you can still lose your shields. This won't mean immediate death, but it will most likely result in module and hardpoint damage (especially if you catch a rocket or two). Which, in turn, leads to constant weapon malfunctions. On Corvette, large hardpoint is quite prone to this. Nothing dangerous, but can be quite annoying, especially if you don't have AFMU.

To be fair, I haven't tried it recently and didn't test it very thoroughly when I did. I'll test it again next time I'm in a station with a tech broker just to make sure I'm not giving stale advice.

Like you say, they're not all that appealing for massive shields. HRP's MRP's and even GMRP's if you can spare the power have more utility.
For the record, I finally got round to testing and my statement was incorrect and you're right. GSRP's do not prevent repair/reboot bringing the shield back up at 50%.

Still not sure where I'd use them, but they're not a liability.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom