Malayan Tapir Redesign

Luckily we already have the mod, i understand that there are a lot of people who are waiting the end of support to use mods, but at least it's on nexus ready to be downloaded anytime! :cool:
View attachment 353266
I just looked up the mod you are referring to. I am of course not allowed to post a picture of the old/new comparison picture here, and with all respect to the person behind it but that doesn't really look a whole lot better.

Anyway mods are not for everyone, but there should be a Malayan Tapir for everyone who paid for it.

I just looked up the mod you are referring to. I am of course not allowed to post a picture of the old/new comparison picture here, and with all respect to the person behind it but that doesn't really look a whole lot better.

Anyway mods are not for everyone, but there should be a Malayan Tapir for everyone who paid for it.
I agree I’m afraid, I can respect the work people do but it’s also far from perfect.

Frontier is usually pretty good at fixing things and listening to feedback, so why aren't they responding to this particular animal?
Out of all the things that have been asked, from adding brachiation to porcupines to flying birds and multiple WE animals to come in packs, I'm pretty sure that updating models would be the easiest and simplest to do, especially in the case of the tapir, since all it needs is a size boost, the enlarged rear end, and to get rid of the purple hue

I think the mod does a good job of capturing the tapirs faults. It gave the back a more pronounced hump while also appearing to change the colors a bit. The Proboscis appears to be slightly changed as well. It could probably be slightly bigger but the average sizes of the two tapir species are less then people would imagine anyway. The Baird’s tapir is by no means small. Honestly this is the most will probably ever get out of frontier as well is slight edits. I know people have their heart set on the Malayan tapir artwork but in reality the Malayan tapir varies from individual to individual.
4B3A1A87-C1B9-45C4-AEE2-17EAEA6B2E1D.jpeg

9780B1E5-FA1B-4550-829A-FBD54FBB433F.jpeg

6C6990BF-F4EA-4E1C-BC13-7BC6F655B8B3.jpeg

but in reality the Malayan tapir varies from individual to individual.
This is why basing animal models partly on realistic artwork made by professionals can be a good idea. Artwork often highlights the features that make the animal stand out the most.
Part of the issue is also that the Baird's tapir model isn't that good to begin with, and the mod is clearly based on that. It is an alright base game model, but outdated compared to most DLC animals.

If you made a Malayan tapir out of a Baird's tapir that lived up to the last year's DLCs, with the same kind of edits, then you might end up with a decent result.
But most other remasters I have seen take base game animals and make them look comparable or maybe better than the DLC animals Frontier releases these days.

Anyway, this is off-topic since this is about getting Frontier to acknowledge their mistake. Not about getting others to fix it.

Last edited:
I just wish they would do this. Say, it was early days, we made a rushed mistake and know you deserve better. We can do better and we will.
What bothers me isn't the animal itself. It's the lack of communication. I'm starting to feel like the forums these days, this past year, the mods haven't really interacted too much with us.

I feel like the JWE forums have more response to people than the PZ ones, unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom