Ships Mamba Mamba is awesome!

I'm not much positive in my latest posts here on forums, but now I need to say that what you (FDev) created for Mamba (ship model, ship-kits and paints) is really something awesome! I truly enjoy how this ship fly, look and how diffent designs it can have. And for these stygian paints ... for ferrari is only Red the right choice :)

Mamba_stygian_red_01.jpg
Mamba_stygian_red_02.jpg
Mamba_stygian_red_03.jpg
Mamba_corrosive_kit_01.jpg
Mamba_corrosive_kit_03.jpg
Mamba_corrosive_kit_02.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to read about another dedicated Mamba fan, seems to be a rare species. It's more or less my favourite ship as well, and I've flown most of them. Apart from it's paper perks and the accepted fact that it can be a powerful tool for a very specific role, there's also something less tangible about it that makes me fly her again and again. It's shape naturally plays a large part in that, but for me personally, it's also the awesome sounds it makes all the time.

20200229151156_1.jpg

Yes it is... :)

Fast and agile, packs a serious punch and formidable shields. I do like to mix it up a bit with combat ships, and also use iCouriers, Vultures, Viper Mk III, Krait Mk II and FDL's, the Mamba has to be comfortably the most powerful against NPC pirate lords. :)

I prefer it to the FDL (much better cockpit view and all the weapons on top), I've tried a lot of weapon arrays but a combination of gimbaled beams and kinetic turrets work best for me, frag turrets close in against Condas or MC turrets for more ranged engagements.

@Ceekay With Mamba you can stay in touch easily, with turrets you lose quite much dps. Fixed huge weapon (ideally long-range) and rest gimballed for close strikes when you can focus on evading and let gimballs aim by themselves.

FDL is ship which is for me pain to fly, even if it is pvp king ... however in fight between fdl and mamba is the latter who dictate how the fight will go 🙂

Last edited:
@Ceekay With Mamba you can stay in touch easily, with turrets you lose quite much dps. Fixed huge weapon (ideally long-range) and rest gimballed for close strikes when you can focus on evading and let gimballs aim by themselves.
I'm a bit contrarian when it comes to the typical advice on turrets. I run a huge fixed with four SRB turrets on my Mamba, which gives me more DPS than unengineered gimbaled weapons. Sure, I could squeeze extra DPS out of engineered gimbals, but more important than DPS is total damage, and my S increases more than my D decreases by using turrets and orbiting instead of jousting maneuvers.

Turrets are also more fun and "The Expanse" like IMO :D

Although the Mamba is seriously fast it's nowhere near as agile as the FDL or FAS so using turrets to get better time on target compensates for it's lower agility, although you can have decent shields the regen rates of a class 5 bi-weave (resistance based) are okay at best (a Krait with similar shields fully regens about 30 seconds faster (25% ish))

Granted they have less DPS than fixed or gimbaled weapons but turreted frags can land a lot of hurt to the underside of a Conda as it passes over you and as Mr Old Duck says orbiting and letting the MC turrets work while avoiding fire is a solid tactic.(Also he mentioned the Expanse! :))

Flight style and decision about Mamba internals dictates weps choice. I like use large frags due heavy damage and very low needs at distributor plus ability to have fast ship. Mamba is quite weight sensitive if you want boost 600+. Therefore gimballs works for me better, I can at close range use energy for thrusters and shields mainly and have under control when weapons fires.

Last edited:
btw, I might lack of proper terminology (sorry, English is not my native language), but FAOff boost flip works for me in Mamba well ... traditional turning in high(er) speed is not working in this ship (unless you like turtle style moves :D ). But could be (is :) ) that this is one from things I so like on this ship (and its flight model), that it "force" you to be in constant higher speed movement and avoid stalling in the process.

I used to love the Mamba at first till I coughed really hard in the canopy exploded and my ship pooped right away after at 80%. Did they ever fix that? If so, i would actually buy this again

Mamba really requires boost to get the most out of it's crazy boost multiplier... if in perma boost FA-off it can be quite the agile beast that's for sure.

FAOff with this ship has the problem, in my experience with NPC Anacondas and Corvettes at least, that they tend to get out of range too often and too quickly before the engine capcitator has recharged suffciently. Do you run all projectile weapons and put 4 pips on engines for your style?

FAOff with this ship has the problem, in my experience with NPC Anacondas and Corvettes at least, that they tend to get out of range too often and too quickly before the engine capcitator has recharged suffciently. Do you run all projectile weapons and put 4 pips on engines for your style?

Nope, my usual setup is huge MC, 2 large gimballed beams and 2 small pulse turrets.

Switch to eng pips for fast reposition, weapons/shield depending on attacking or defending etc. Never less than 2 pip to eng though.
Even at 2 pips to eng you can run circles around large npcs no problem. Also utilise boost bleeding and j-turns to minimise overall distance travelled but keeping agility high to out maneuver larges

Top Bottom