Ships Mamba Mamba is awesome!

Best looking ship in the game imho.

DD4e1sg.png

NNGaMPK.png

Time, when I start turning (in Mamba) is, at least for me, the most deciding in distance to the target after I end flip ... i.e. if I start turning too late (target is almost behind me), then the distance is much bigger as when I'm careful and start turning 1/2 sec earlier. And usually it is tied with ... just a moment before I can fire my frags again :D ... however it works much better if I'm patient enough and do turn properly, which can easily assure that I'm out of my target firing arc and can safely fire again without the need to divert energy into shields :)

Last edited:
Nope, my usual setup is huge MC, 2 large gimballed beams and 2 small pulse turrets.

So the two class 1 turrets just to collect a bounty even when the situation is a little crowed with security forces, I guess?

Even at 2 pips to eng you can run circles around large npcs no problem. [...]

Not the ones I encountered. The Mamba seems to turn slower than the Anaconda or the Corvette, in fact, even with 4 pips.

Class 1 turrets have scramble and emissive effects, just for effect rather than damage or tagging.

Sounds like you are overspeeding past the blue zone, also get familiar with boost bleeding to give max agility but not much over speed or travel distance.
I can orbit npc larges in the Mamba fairly easily just using regular thrusters etc. Mine are gr5 Drag dirties though.

Just got myself a Mamba. Enjoying it so far. Not quite sure I've got the turns working, and not sure my guns are the right configuration. But it's sexy as hell..!

This gave me an idea for a chameleon paint job. This would also give a good reason to keep your paint job up. As the wearing of of the paint could lead to problems keeping hidden.

Mamba_corrosive_kit_03.jpg
I like that idea, though unfortunately night vision is a thing. When people don't use NV it works though.

HOw does night vision work? doesnt' it also depend on bounding light rays. Maybe it could reduce night vision to some extent.

Oh, I see the problem. I was assuming taking the background and placing it on the front like chameleon skin.

I also bought the Mamba - while the FDL is still may favorite design (next to the Corvette, for entirely different reasons), the Mamba looks ace and certainly among the best looking ships. It helps that it is more detailed than most others and a huge plus vs. The FDL that is sounds great too.

It's a powerful ship in the hands of a jousting pilot. 2 class 3 frags, 2 class one frags and a huge beam laser. This setup works really well with level 3 or better engineering. 👍

Don't see a common Mamba thread unlike for some other ships, so thought i'd post here to express my appreciation for the Mamba.

@Philip Coutts and I were doing a CZ last night. He started out in his Corvette and I was in my Krait Mk2. Decent enough.

But then I said I was going to give the Mamba a go, since i'd half engineered it but haven't tried it out in a CZ yet. It turned out Phil also had a Mamba that he engineered and hadn't used either.

So off we went, 2 Mambas into a CZ.

And boy it was a blast. Taking down ships just as fast as in the big ships but also zooming around like maniacs due to its speed. Really enables you to choose your targets and engage quickly.

I can see it being my main CZ ship now. Will work on getting last few bits of engineering done to it.

My weapon loadout:

1 huge MC
2 large beams
1 small frag turret (drag effect)
1 small MC turret (corrosive effect)

Its a decent loadout. Half tempted to change the MC for a cannon for module sniping instead, can't make my mind up on that.

Last edited:

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
I concur with @Agony_Aunt My set up is ever so slightly different, instead of his frags I have rails but other than that all the same. I have engineered mine pretty heavily and it is awesome. So quick and agile but enough weaponry to make it completely lethal. Now my go to war ship.

the Mamba is my favourite ship by far. For CZ anh hazres, I run it with bi-weaves, a huge long range beam and the rest overcharged multis. For assassination missions, it's prismatics and a huge TV beam with 4 shock cannons.

And the noise..... oh! the noise.

Top Bottom