Map Exploration

So the game has been out for over two years now and less than 1% of the milky way has been explored. Don't get me wrong, i love the scale of this game. At this rate though the entire milky way will never be explored. While that might be intended, i had an interesting idea. so we are currently fighting the Thargoids and discovering guardian tech. Maybe we discover a artifact/blueprint/whatever that allows for a fixed guardian/Thargoid machine to be built like bigger than a planet/starport and it allows a player to only jump from point A to point b, but point a and b are like 100000LY away :). Maybe there has to be one of these machines at both ends of the jump point and maybe this would be an interesting community goal. continue adding these say once a few months. idk just random thoughts.

So the game has been out for over two years now and less than 1% of the milky way has been explored. Don't get me wrong, i love the scale of this game. At this rate though the entire milky way will never be explored. While that might be intended, i had an interesting idea. so we are currently fighting the Thargoids and discovering guardian tech. Maybe we discover a artifact/blueprint/whatever that allows for a fixed guardian/Thargoid machine to be built like bigger than a planet/starport and it allows a player to only jump from point A to point b, but point a and b are like 100000LY away :). Maybe there has to be one of these machines at both ends of the jump point and maybe this would be an interesting community goal. continue adding these say once a few months. idk just random thoughts.

Aha, I thought there was something amiss with the forum lately, it's been more than a week since we had a fast travel thread.

Would it also be remiss of me to point out that the furthest from SOL you can travel in the galaxy is around 68kly so 100kly would put you somewhere between our galaxy and Large Magellanic Cloud?

The upshot is it's been discussed many times before with many arguments for and against, I suggest looking up the previous discussions and familiarising yourself with all the counter arguments so we don't have to repeat ourselves all over again.

We've had wormholes, stargates, multijump, chained jump, autopilot, alien tech, guardian tech, thargoid tech, logging to any ship and probably a few I've missed out. In fact there are some methods I might support given certain conditions, but I'm not going all through that again here.

Top Bottom