Marx's guide to exobiology

Oh, the star density is high enough there that you can make two or three jumps and be in undiscovered systems already. If you want to practice on something that's already known, your best bet would be Thin Water atmosphere planets, simply because they'll get you many credits even without the first logged bonus. You can just look at the Codex and see where Cactoida Vermis etc have been first reported in the region, or for more information, here's a handy Spansh search.
Thank you! I'm not worried about money - I have a lot already - but the way my brain works, I need to practice things before I understand them. So I'll look around local systems, see what I can find, until I get used to it.

Oh, I do have a question, come to think of it. Are TWAs the only places that have life? Or do other landable planets have things growing too?

I took a month-long trip with my primary commander, and Observatory/BioInsights worked great. Upon my return, I found that both of my commanders' discoveries and scans were combined all along. I fully analyzed all 10 bio signals in my current system with one commander, then switched to the other. According to BioInsights, all signals were already discovered and fully analyzed by the second commander. I had to switch back to pen-and-paper to keep track. I created an issue on GitHub, but the project appears to be abandoned there.

It's a great tool for those who don't have multiple commanders, but it's currently useless for those who do.

Edit: I keep forgetting about Discord. The project obviously isn't "abandoned", based on recent activity there.

Last edited:
Hi
have you already seen this.....(see hereunder) 2 species of one kind on one planet. Is this a bug or something else? I never seen something like this. And I'm in exobiology Elite 1 working hard on Elite 2.;)
Elite - Dangerous.jpg

Hi have you already seen this.....(see hereunder) 2 species of one kind on one planet. Is this a bug or something else?
It's not a bug, but it's due to how the legacy Horizons bios work. Of those, you can find more than one on a planet. Although the different variants are just palette swaps like Odyssey's variants (Cactoida Vermis - Red / Green / Blue / etc) are, they aren't variants, as they had different temperature requirements that the variant system couldn't handle.

For example, Roseum Brain Trees require a surface temperature between 200 K - 500 K, while Lividum, Aureum, Lindigoticum Brain Trees, all of which are just different colours of the original Roseums, require 300 K - 500 K instead.

It's not a bug, but it's due to how the legacy Horizons bios work. Of those, you can find more than one on a planet. Although the different variants are just palette swaps like Odyssey's variants (Cactoida Vermis - Red / Green / Blue / etc) are, they aren't variants, as they had different temperature requirements that the variant system couldn't handle.

For example, Roseum Brain Trees require a surface temperature between 200 K - 500 K, while Lividum, Aureum, Lindigoticum Brain Trees, all of which are just different colours of the original Roseums, require 300 K - 500 K instead.
Thanks for explanation. The only thing which worries me that this count for lot of spieces. But only brain trees are together on one planet.

Thanks for explanation. The only thing which worries me that this count for lot of spieces. But only brain trees are together on one planet.
Not really, just for brain trees, sinuous tubers, and perhaps anemones (regular + bioluminescent). Oh, and technically, Thargoid barnacles too. The only other Horizons bios have only the one kind, no variations. (Amphora Plants, Bark Mounds, Crystalline Shards.)

What's your favorite Artemis Suit Engineering mods?
The only one I know I want is the Reduced Tool Battery Consumption.
jump assist makes artemis the real flight suit
night vision can be helpful when looking for plants
melee damage for when you need to touch grass real hard

What's your favorite Artemis Suit Engineering mods?
︎ Night Vision
︎ Improved Jump Assist
︎ Increased Sprint Duration
︎ Improved Battery Capacity

That's what I have and it's been great, especially for those mountainous areas where you can't land near the biological.

The above answers are very nice. There's just one more thing: Headshot Damage on the Karma L-6, for expedition group events.

This thread is a little stale, and I feel really dumb asking this question but it seems like the right place to ask. Having achieved Elite (and Elite 1), where and how do I access the special Red suit pieces that become available once having achieved the rank? I've looked through HoloMe and Pioneer options and nothing is jumping out at me. :unsure:

Top Bottom