Meet the team Q&A - Owen Mc Carthy

Hello Owen. Nice to meet you here. We love and respect the hard work you put into the game! And me and others want to support the game as long as we can do for years.

I'm supporting all the questions asked before from vampiro, Angelis, gregorburns. These questions shaping the basement of the game.

Want I want to know is how objects behave on pathes. Guests walk through. We all want that every objects placed on pathes should get its 100% collision detection. If I set a wall diagonal to the path because it's looking more atmospheric and even if the path would getting smaller the guests should only use the parts of the pathes that aren't covered of walls and objects!

Thx so far and keep up the good work:)

This question is still skipped!

Clearly that's something that's more suited to the design team and don't think he'll be answering more questions anyway as it was a Coaster Head Club Q&A.

Ah ok, sorry about that... I didn't see this was a Coaster head club Q&A. About management questions, I just thought it was the good person to ask because in the presentation of Owen it said:

"Owen Mc Carthy is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to the simulation and management in Planet Coaster..."

Last edited:
No need to apologise, guess it's a case of wait and see on that front and fingers crossed we'll be pleasantly surprised [yesnod] Palaber - it's a good question and he may have just missed it or had good reason to avoid answering it for now. Perhaps he'll give more info later today [up]

Last edited:
Collision detection on thousands of guests, with hundreds of building pieces and path extras, 100% of the time?!!

I may be wrong but this would take a lot of computing surely. Not sure many of us could afford a machine capable of this, just my thoughts. It works as it is in my opinion, and just means we need to be a little clever about park layout. I do understand there are improvements that could be made though in general with pathing as some have mentioned [happy]

Fantastic interview, and thank you to Owen and Zac

Regarding Owen's question, id love to see guests respond to construction of coasters, standing to watch and , as a theme park photographer, id love to see guests take pictures of each others and areas that they think are "beautiful"

Fantastic interview, and thank you to Owen and Zac

Regarding Owen's question, id love to see guests respond to construction of coasters, standing to watch and , as a theme park photographer, id love to see guests take pictures of each others and areas that they think are "beautiful", Also roaming "Vendor Photographers" who take pics of the guests, family's, and with mascots, for a fee of course, maybe even a day pass for photos including on ride ones( But that's a whole different topic)

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Interesting interview, Thank you Owen. I just love watching the crowd in Planet Coaster. I like other people have mentioned would like to see a few more behaviours, like taking pictures etc. I especially agree with coasterlover that it would be great to see guests watch construction and rollercoasters. I love your sorting hat! I have actually considered before getting one to wear at work too! Does it help you think better? [haha]

Thanks for the interview. :)

when you're next bobbing satisfactorily in your sorting hat, could you have a look at guests not being able to pass through solid objects and each other?

Ta.

Top Bottom