Megaship or smaller that players can have.

I still don’t get what are you talking about...

- are you invulnerable while docked at a station..? Yes

What is the difference... docked at the megaship is the same thing.

Only difference is that you could make really massive jumps to locations you actually want to explore. Once there, you could use whatever ship to do whatever you want to do... take your vulture and go nuts, got tired of that, switch to mining/explorer ship. You are still in danger at all times, still hyperdicted, still run out of fuel... etc

I guess, haven’t gotten that far with NMS.

Stations aren't ships that we move around how we choose. We're also not facility managers; we're Commanders, in the Pilots Federation, dealing with pilot stuff. Invulnerable home bases that are under our control and movable fortresses aren't our lot in life, and would make for some rather strange and redundant gameplay. The game is way too inconsequential as it is. I don't want it to become even more of an arcade joke nor tabletop miniatures war game where every consequence is only pretentious player RP choice without any meaningful significance. If I wanted to play that sort of game I'd play EVE or NMS, apparently.

Like I said, it's the wrong direction to take the game, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Why?

So when you try to jump it somewhere they tell you it can't go there, then spawn a bunch of aliens to mess with you?

Ba dum tss!

I think it would be awesome if players could attain a type of Megaship that a player could upgrade and add modules to which they could call a home base.
Players could store their ships/cargo and modules and with the ability of long distance hyper jumps I think would be a killer feature to the game.
Hope that this gets to any kind of developer or FDev employee.

Given that FDev is seemingly about to radically reduce player's ability to earn credits:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/446165-Implementation-of-a-dedicated-mission-server

I do not see how a player would ever have the ability to purchase such a ship however, I personally would love the ability to purchase an indestructible ship that I could pack all of my other ships into and go wherever I wanted to.

Not holding my breath, tho'.

Stations aren't ships that we move around how we choose. We're also not facility managers; we're Commanders, in the Pilots Federation, dealing with pilot stuff. Invulnerable home bases that are under our control and movable fortresses aren't our lot in life, and would make for some rather strange and redundant gameplay. The game is way too inconsequential as it is. I don't want it to become even more of an arcade joke nor tabletop miniatures war game where every consequence is only pretentious player RP choice without any meaningful significance. If I wanted to play that sort of game I'd play EVE or NMS, apparently.

Like I said, it's the wrong direction to take the game, in my opinion.

I think you are in some cloud 9 personal narrative that you can still continue even if this is implemented. Have no idea why you think this would limit stuff for you. You wouldn’t be able to just fly your homebase around, it would be stationary like a station.

Top Bottom