Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Wish they'd make updated Combat sim..
without guns, its just American Truck sim in the air..

But I'm sure it will have wide appeal..

True, but i would not mind DLC's with the following:

• Air transport a'la Euro Truck but with airplanes
  • Combat flight sims
  • Passenger transport a'la euro truck but with everything from small intra-city helicopters to larger planes
  • Running a small airplane company
  • Add things like passenger satisfaction depending on flight conditions and landings

Some kind of career cargo/passenger hauling game, like ETS/ATS/ED - even in some primitive form, like we have in Elite and that would be a 100% winner. I don't think they'll go that route in any way but I can dream. It's nice to set up yourself your own goals and such but if some kind of career in game existed that would be extremely awesome.

For instance, I would just just fly to all places that I've never been (and never will) before and that would be tied up to some progression, similar to ED missions / ETS deliveries.

To be honest, I just don't get why they are pumping these trailers out. The hype plane has taken off and it is already on afterburner. :)

But I don't mind. :)

Some kind of career cargo/passenger hauling game, like ETS/ATS/ED - even in some primitive form, like we have in Elite and that would be a 100% winner. I don't think they'll go that route in any way but I can dream. It's nice to set up yourself your own goals and such but if some kind of career in game existed that would be extremely awesome.

For instance, I would just just fly to all places that I've never been (and never will) before and that would be tied up to some progression, similar to ED missions / ETS deliveries.

What'd prefer is to take off from the nearest airport at my hometown, and then just continuously progress by flying around the world, possibly in a small plane and 1-2 hours at a time only.

Some kind of career cargo/passenger hauling game, like ETS/ATS/ED - even in some primitive form, like we have in Elite and that would be a 100% winner...For instance, I would just just fly to all places that I've never been (and never will) before and that would be tied up to some progression, similar to ED missions / ETS deliveries.

Just do what I've been doing for the past ten plus years, use Flight Sim Economy (http://www.fseconomy.net/welcome) to do exactly that. I own several airplanes, have a few thousand virtual dollars in my bank earned by flying jobs all over North America, and I even own and operate an airport up in the Anchorage area of Alaska. Thousands of pilots have been flying in FSE for a great many years in simulators like FSX, P3D, and Xplane, and it will likely support the new MFS as well. It basically turns flight sim into Euro Truck Sim. It's great.

To be honest, I just don't get why they are pumping these trailers out. The hype plane has taken off and it is already on afterburner. :)

But I don't mind. :)

What'd prefer is to take off from the nearest airport at my hometown, and then just continuously progress by flying around the world, possibly in a small plane and 1-2 hours at a time only.
Sounds like exploration in Elite. No Guardian jump boosters for trans oceanic flight, though... :)

Are there any official informations as far as flight model/how systems are simulated in stock planes? Are they till using same cfg profile flies system?

Are there any official informations as far as flight model/how systems are simulated in stock planes? Are they till using same cfg profile flies system?

The model has been completely overhauled and updated from how FSX does it. Microsoft has talked a bit about it, but they have a development video coming out soon which will be devoted to their new air handling simulation. Basically the model now simulates over 1000 points on the aircraft's surface individually whereas FSX treated the entire plane as one single calculated point at the plane's center of mass. Thus the new MFS accurately simulates very detailed plane performance characteristics like a wing dipping when stalling, or individual wings being lifted differently when crossing a mountain ridge updraft, etc. Some planes will lift the nose when deploying flaps (like a high wing Cessna) while others will dip the nose like they do in real life (like a low wing Mooney).

If sounds like the most advanced flight model ever done in a consumer level flight simulation, honestly. Can't wait to get my flight yoke on it!

For example, watch this vid of MS stalling a Cessna in the new sim. Note how the left wing dips upon stall causing the plane to go into a spin. I've you've ever done flight training and stalled a Cessna on purpose like that then it would be immediately familiar to you, the C150 I flew many years ago performed exactly like this when stalling:

Wish they'd make updated Combat sim..
without guns, its just American Truck sim in the air..

But I'm sure it will have wide appeal..
I'm sure CFS will come later is a DLC.

All I want is to land on the carrier with my hornet in the nighttime, trying to see the meatball in the rain.

Thanks a lot for the explanation mate, I`m happy to read that this is not only a graphics showcase.

No it's not just fancy graphics from what they are saying so far. Weather is simulated with extreme detail based on current real time world weather data. ATC is currently implemented as a basic version but they are planning to have ATC vastly improved over FSX for release. Flight modeling is very high end and detailed, even wing and window icing is modeled (to the point where it's hard to see out the windows if you don't turn on the defrosters!). AI traffic will be generated based on current real time flight data.

They seem to be going all out for this one, like it's their mission to create the most fully featured and best in class flight simulator ever created bar none. I'm honestly a bit surprised at just how much effort they are putting into this. Happily surprised, of course!

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I've you've ever done flight training and stalled a Cessna on purpose like that then it would be immediately familiar to you...

Yup! I remember doing stall training like that in a 172... right rudder pedal on the floor and riding that line right ahead of an actual stall. Then throttle up and nose down and hopefully you didn't get into a spin! White knuckle stuff, at least for myself. Heh.

It looks like the developer and Microsoft are trying to do right by this one, at least judging by the talk so far. I hope they deliver the goods!

Indeed! I think it is possible to cross to the Americas via the Bering Sea, there are some airport via that route I guess. If not, I need a plane that can make it from Easter Island to Chile. :)
It has been done, but I forget what type aircraft did it.

When we couldn't tank across the Atlantic, our route would take us via Goose Bay, Sundestrom, Kef, as our refueling points. Westbound was always the worst. I've had to land at Stornoway, as well.

I certainly wasn't Jimmy Stewart, arriving at Le Bourget, when I landed... :(

Yup! I remember doing stall training like that in a 172... right rudder pedal on the floor and riding that line right ahead of an actual stall. Then throttle up and nose down and hopefully you didn't get into a spin! White knuckle stuff, at least for myself. Heh.

It looks like the developer and Microsoft are trying to do right by this one, at least judging by the talk so far. I hope they deliver the goods!
Try it in a Piper Tri-Pacer... :(

It has been done, but I forget what type aircraft did it.

When we couldn't tank across the Atlantic, our route would take us via Goose Bay, Sundestrom, Kef, as our refueling points. Westbound was always the worst. I've had to land at Stornoway, as well.

I certainly wasn't Jimmy Stewart, arriving at Le Bourget, when I landed... :(

For real? Have you got any photos? :)

Just do what I've been doing for the past ten plus years, use Flight Sim Economy (http://www.fseconomy.net/welcome) to do exactly that. I own several airplanes, have a few thousand virtual dollars in my bank earned by flying jobs all over North America, and I even own and operate an airport up in the Anchorage area of Alaska. Thousands of pilots have been flying in FSE for a great many years in simulators like FSX, P3D, and Xplane, and it will likely support the new MFS as well. It basically turns flight sim into Euro Truck Sim. It's great.
Yoink!

Will send this to my wife, we might have a co-pilot eurotruck thingy going in that case.

Top Bottom