Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Let us know how it went! In my dr400 I made it but only just. :)

Holy crap, the most suburban airport I ever saw for sure :)

I made it, but after your hint I kind of cheated and picked the Pipistrel Virus which can take off from a fingernail :D

Last edited:
Well, apparently my graphics issues were entirely self inflicted... :LOL: I had not changed the default setting in Data to use downloaded Bing maps data. Duh...

Now I am seeing lovely dirt landing strips and not just a weird yellowy colored patches. For those who try the USA bush trip, Silver Springs to Palomino, while only a very short trip, is a bit of a beast to complete. You are looking for a small dirt landing strip in an area with about four or five small dirt landing strips, and the roads are dirt roads too! Took me ages! :oops:

I hope they fix the JMB VL-3 bug that causes the pitch trim to move on it's own... It's one of my favorite planes when it works properly, but at any time it may turn into a dirty underwear inducing rollercoaster... :cry:

Well, I just landed on Rarotonga, and the lack of lagoon in the sea plus the bleak mountaintops (clouds on bing maps) really made the experience which is otherwise one of my most memorable landings underwhelming.
I am contemplating to wait for the patch before continuing, and if they don't fix it now, I'll skip my Pacific exploration, take an airliner and blast out to North America.

Well, I just landed on Rarotonga, and the lack of lagoon in the sea plus the bleak mountaintops (clouds on bing maps) really made the experience which is otherwise one of my most memorable landings underwhelming.
I am contemplating to wait for the patch before continuing, and if they don't fix it now, I'll skip my Pacific exploration, take an airliner and blast out to North America.

Hawaii looks great, but it's on the other side of the pacific.

Holy crap, the most suburban airport I ever saw for sure :)

I made it, but after your hint I kind of cheated and picked the Pipistrel Virus which can take off from a fingernail :D

Haha, well done! In reality this is not Anajás airport, which should be slightly outside town, but Avenue Alcides Pinheiro. One of those 'service buildings' is in fact this. :D

I was flying last night and my daughter was watching, and she says I want to see you land. So I bring up the atc list for airports and there's one called rainbows end. So naturally she says land there. I still use the ribbon as I'm new to all this I follow the ribbon gently and doing a good job, its completely black after the last red indicator of the ribbon. I drop speed and go down thinking its a municipal dirt field or something, nope just never ending forest. We got a good laugh. Ribbon also took me into a mountain before.

I had a feeling something might be wrong with fuel consumption... I already crashed 2 times into the ocean for running out of fuel, well within the airplane's fuel range.

On the other hand, I used to start with the default fuel amount (50%), and I didn't really paid that much attention to flying in a fuel efficient manner, so I might be using much more fuel than normal and running out of fuel was actually realistic.

I now start with full tanks and I'm keeping an eye on consumption.
Cant speak abotu such fancy planes, but did a few missions in a C208 which doesn't have a consumption gauge as far as I could find. Flying at max speed at 1000ft resulted in consuming one gallon about every 17 seconds (using a stopwatch and the digital fuel gauge!). When I dropped throttle down to a more reasonable setting consumption fell to about one gallon per 40 seconds, which is what I'd expect. Leaning fuel at cruising altitude also matters.

Both Citations are broken in terms of fuel consumption and performance (plus the annoying cabin pressure alert on CJ4). Other Flight Sim forums confirmed the fuel ppm is roughly twice of the normal, so running out of fuel wasn't your mistake. Also, I feel like the simulation has some issues with high altitude flying, the angle of attack is too high and AP struggles to maintain stable flight too, so yesterday I flew at 15k ft only.

The CJ4's files are easy to access and there are already community fixes on it, the Longitude is unfortunately locked away. What I do is I fill it up mid-air via the top menu...

Hawaii looks great, but it's on the other side of the pacific.

Rarotonga was really bleak, dramatic peaks toned down, deforested and lack of turquoise shallow waters. Hawaii could be great, but Hawaii is also too young to have these beautiful lagoons that make South Pacific IMHO a more beautiful place - but nevertheless I will visit Hawaii too, Kauai is truly a beautiful island.

Anyway, I'm really considering waiting for the patch, I think the weather alone will add so much more to the flying experience - possibly no more flying straight into the dark grey clouds, at least with smaller prop planes!

Marvellous stuff...Edinburgh castle anyone? :D

I'm looking at it. :)

Probably going to try Tynecastle Park first, just because it's the closest thing to what he does in the video (and it's my team, for my sins...), and then see.

Arbroath has no photogrammetry on Google Maps either, but some landmarks exist in sketchup and there's a way to do that too, so we'll see...

Arbroath has no photogrammetry on Google Maps either, but some landmarks exist in sketchup and there's a way to do that too, so we'll see...
If you ever find a video on exporting from Sketchup (the free 2017 version that installs on PC) to MSFS, do PLEASE post it!

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Forgive me if someone already posted this, as I've not been following the thread closely this week:
In my quest too find interesting 3rd party tools/addons that bring more meaning and immersion to the sim I've run across a little gem called "Self Loading Cargo."

It's basically a passenger system for flight sims. Currently it's geared mainly for airliners, but you can use it for smaller GA planes, too, provided you download (or make) an appropriate cabin map file. The developer seems very engaged with the community and it's being worked on quite a bit. I've done a couple of flights in the AirBus 320 and it's really added a nice passenger satisfaction component to those flights. You have to manage your flight crew and attend to the passengers' needs (drinks, entertainment, etc.) while not subjecting them to too high or low Gs, high bank turns, etc. If you do you freak our your passengers and your approval rating will drop. (Also, you hear them screaming which is a nice touch). :)

All in all a nifty little add-on that is well worth the 15 pounds or so asking price.

Supposedly cargo is coming at some point (not the self-loading kind), as well as better and more GA support.

Forgive me if someone already posted this, as I've not been following the thread closely this week:
In my quest too find interesting 3rd party tools/addons that bring more meaning and immersion to the sim I've run across a little gem called "Self Loading Cargo."

It's basically a passenger system for flight sims. Currently it's geared mainly for airliners, but you can use it for smaller GA planes, too, provided you download (or make) an appropriate cabin map file. The developer seems very engaged with the community and it's being worked on quite a bit. I've done a couple of flights in the AirBus 320 and it's really added a nice passenger satisfaction component to those flights. You have to manage your flight crew and attend to the passengers' needs (drinks, entertainment, etc.) while not subjecting them to too high or low Gs, high bank turns, etc. If you do you freak our your passengers and your approval rating will drop. (Also, you hear them screaming which is a nice touch). :)

All in all a nifty little add-on that is well worth the 15 pounds or so asking price.

Supposedly cargo is coming at some point (not the self-loading kind), as well as better and more GA support.

I´ve seen it mentioned earlier, but not quite sure how it works together with FSE/OnAir. Can you tell SLC how many passengers you want on each flight or does it generate it for you? I am mostly interested in GA, any idea how long better support may take? Creating custom 'meal serving routes' in a C172 is a bit silly. ;)

Also, I'd be interested in replacing terrain textures (not photogrammetry, just the flat textures mapped onto the elevation mesh) with aerial photography from Google. Any tutorials on this?

Top Bottom