Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

This is a neat moon/sun rise.
1600090088746.png

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
I´ve seen it mentioned earlier, but not quite sure how it works together with FSE/OnAir. Can you tell SLC how many passengers you want on each flight or does it generate it for you? I am mostly interested in GA, any idea how long better support may take? Creating custom 'meal serving routes' in a C172 is a bit silly. ;)

It doesn't do anything together with FSE or OnAir, but that doesn't mean you couldn't run both together I suppose. You can indeed tell it how many passengers you want on each flight (up to the plane's max). As for the GA stuff, I've seen people mention they've used it on things like the Beechcraft King Air and Cessna Citation, but even those needed a little 'fudging' to make things like galleys and/or toilets that may not exist. SLC needs those mapped out for the passenger simulation to work. That's one thing in a large-ish plane like a King Air, but the C172 is probably never going to work. lol.

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the Courchevel challenge? I did yesterday for the first time with the idea of just taking a look to see what it was about...got away from it half an hour and many attempts later, climbing up the ranks from 600.000th to 30.000th. Only 30.000 better pilots than me to go!

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the Courchevel challenge? I did yesterday for the first time with the idea of just taking a look to see what it was about...got away from it half an hour and many attempts later, climbing up the ranks from 600.000th to 30.000th. Only 30.000 better pilots than me to go!
A lot of these are brilliant. Try Lukla airport. Or one in Caribbean when you can't see runaway up to 5 secs before touchdown.

I especially love high wind challenges - those are much more challenging than first set of these landing challenges.

I tested the game at worst case scenario - landing a 787 at KLAX.
On one hand rendering the screens were for some reason the bottleneck, yet neither my CPU or GPU were stretched. Power draw and temperatures were also below vs. usual full load.

Then there was heavy live traffic and FPS crashed to 5 or below, in a few cases I thought that's it, the game crashed. I could barely land, though that was partly due to the auto throttle flip switch that turned itself on again and said "we brake for nobody". :)

A lot of these are brilliant. Try Lukla airport. Or one in Caribbean when you can't see runaway up to 5 secs before touchdown.

That's St. Barthelemy. Of course it's on the bucket list. 😀
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l-vso323iw

But I think I'll work on refining my approach to Courchevel before that:
Source: https://youtu.be/ms2eQ71Ueu4

Fun fact, between the tutorials in Arizona and the Courchevel landing in France, yesterday has been the first time I've been flying outside of my country. Feels strange for a "game" where I could be flying just about anywhere in the world with a click of the mouse, but now that world is rendered so good that I just have soo much to see of my surroundings...I'm growing a liking for the DR400: easy to fly, very stable, great visibility...it's now my main candidate for my planned tour of Italy. It could take a while.

Even the tutorials looked outstanding.

KMR6w0e.png

COu49LW.png

xP6kaTU.png

WJslwuM.png

...and back for another bit of Italy!

A familiar view from "Col del Lys" over Val di Susa, a few km from my home city
ckGzc0t.png

A flight above Mugello!
H8CKnzH.png

Rome at night

8L6R2Sg.png

ZIDgxu7.png

mjAvS0a.png

I haven't been able to get better than a score of 902K on the release version. I managed twice to get just over 1.1million in alpha/beta... :-(

Yesterday I tried 3 times.

First one I flew past the destination while trying to find it :D
Second one I managed a rather smooth landing, but very off-center as I made the turn a bit late, still managed ~220K.
Third one the game glitched out, plane just lost speed and stalled out of the blue even though I still had full throttle and not even flaps deployed, fell into the valley crashing into the trees and rage-quit :D

I have landed and taken off from Courcheval a few times, but I didn't do it from the challenge, just did it in a Cessna 152. Same with the Saba location in the Caribbean which I did in both the 152 and the 172. That's one short runway! :)

Completed the USA bush trip, which was good fun. Not really bothered by 'achievements' in computer games, but did take a glance at my profile and it says that under bush trips I've managed 1 of 29, so not sure it counts them right anyway.

I have landed and taken off from Courcheval a few times, but I didn't do it from the challenge, just did it in a Cessna 152. Same with the Saba location in the Caribbean which I did in both the 152 and the 172. That's one short runway! :)

Completed the USA bush trip, which was good fun. Not really bothered by 'achievements' in computer games, but did take a glance at my profile and it says that under bush trips I've managed 1 of 29, so not sure it counts them right anyway.
Well, even if it was a big bush trip...
one.jpg

:LOL:

Let us know your opinion! Getting mixed reviews so far..

The Cessna CT182T Skylane from Carenado is a quite polished airplane. Cockpit is great, and it;s a good looking aircraft. It's performance numbers put it right on top of the single engine piston segment, with a cruise speed of 145 knots and 20000 feet ceiling. It feels larger than it actually is. Feels mostly quite stable in the air, but also felt overly twitchy in windy, mountainous terrain. It may have to do with the the general feel of being in a larger airplane than it actually is in reality, so it feels weird when it wobbles in the wind.

Overall I am happy with this addition, although to be honest I find it a bit overpriced, as it costed almost 25€... It's a cool airplane, but maybe not 25€ of cool :D and might be better to wait for a sale unless you're really into GA piston props, or really wanted more airplanes. I'm not having buyers remorse, but I don't think I'll part with 25€ again any soon for a single airplane, unless it;s some very special airplane.

Some pics:

20200915201207_1.jpg

20200915201902_1.jpg

20200915202220_1.jpg

The Kitfox on the other hand is quite cheap, less than 9€. It's a bush plane cub, with a modern dashboard but it is most likely the simplest plane in the entire lineup, very easy to start and get moving, but I couldn't fiind out how to turn the engine off in the end, not sure if I missed some lever hiodden anywhere, or if the cockpit is simply missing something. The view to the outside is only rivaled by the one in the Pipistrel Virus, glass everywhere even the ceiling. Like other bush planes, it takes off easily, quite manouverable but twitchy and low powered. Great for sightseeing, bad for travelling.

It's announced ceiling is a staggering 25 thousand feet, putting it way above other piston props, and rivaling the turboprops. This honestly just felt like plain cheating, how can such an underpowered plane have such a huge service ceiling compared to all the other piston airplanes?.. But after investigating I found out it's true! :)

Some pics:

20200915201320_1.jpg

20200915204312_1.jpg

20200915204611_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20200915201515_1.jpg
    20200915201515_1.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
The Cessna CT182T Skylane from Carenado is a quite polished airplane. Cockpit is great, and it;s a good looking aircraft. It's performance numbers put it right on top of the single engine piston segment, with a cruise speed of 145 knots and 20000 feet ceiling. It feels larger than it actually is. Feels mostly quite stable in the air, but also felt overly twitchy in windy, mountainous terrain. It may have to do with the the general feel of being in a larger airplane than it actually is in reality, so it feels weird when it wobbles in the wind.

Overall I am happy with this addition, although to be honest I find it a bit overpriced, as it costed almost 25€... It's a cool airplane, but maybe not 25€ of cool :D and might be better to wait for a sale unless you're really into GA piston props, or really wanted more airplanes. I'm not having buyers remorse, but I don't think I'll part with 25€ again any soon for a single airplane, unless it;s some very special airplane.

Some pics:

The Kitfox on the other hand is quite cheap, less than 9€. It's a bush plane cub, with a modern dashboard but it is most likely the simplest plane in the entire lineup, very easy to start and get moving, but I couldn't fiind out how to turn the engine off in the end, not sure if I missed some lever hiodden anywhere, or if the cockpit is simply missing something. The view to the outside is only rivaled by the one in the Pipistrel Virus, glass everywehere even the ceiling. Like other bush planes, it takes off easily, quite manouiverable but twitchy and low powered. Great for sightseeing, bad for travelling.

It's announced ceiling is a staggering 25 thousand feet, putting it way above other piston props, and rivaling the turboprops. This honestly just feelt like plain cheating, how can such an underpowered plane have such a huge service ceiling compared to all the other piston airplanes?.. But after investigating I found out it's true! :)

Some pics:

The visibility of the latter looks gorgeous, and 145 knots is pretty amazing for something the size of a C182! I have to admit I'd much prefer steam over glass cockpits though; tempted to upgrade my FS2020 version just for the steam planes... As for the 25000 ft, how long would it take to get there? And how much oxygen do you have to bring? :eek:

Didn't it stop when you pulled out the mixture lever? That is the normal method with props, lean them off.

Kitfoxes should have a large choke in the center of the cockpit according to Google Images but I ain't seeing it in his screenies. Must be somewhere, no way to get to 25k without one...

Can't find neither mixture or choke... In the center there's only the throttle between the 2 digital screens, and parking brake and flaps between the seats...

Some pics:

The Kitfox on the other hand is quite cheap, less than 9€. It's a bush plane cub, with a modern dashboard but it is most likely the simplest plane in the entire lineup, very easy to start and get moving, but I couldn't fiind out how to turn the engine off in the end, not sure if I missed some lever hiodden anywhere, or if the cockpit is simply missing something. The view to the outside is only rivaled by the one in the Pipistrel Virus, glass everywhere even the ceiling. Like other bush planes, it takes off easily, quite manouverable but twitchy and low powered. Great for sightseeing, bad for travelling.

It's announced ceiling is a staggering 25 thousand feet, putting it way above other piston props, and rivaling the turboprops. This honestly just felt like plain cheating, how can such an underpowered plane have such a huge service ceiling compared to all the other piston airplanes?.. But after investigating I found out it's true! :)

Some pics:

Wow, the Kitfox will be the go-to plane for VR flying, at €9 I might consider it, though the Virus is also pretty good and has a nicer interior to look at.
Buying scenery leaves me cold, but in the future I might look into buying planes. I just hope there will be a segment for lower price but not study-level functionality as I'm not prepared to pay north of €20 for an aircraft. Out of the already shown ones, I'm most interested in the Concorde, but that thing must be very difficult to fly (land) for sure. :)

The visibility of the latter looks gorgeous, and 145 knots is pretty amazing for something the size of a C182! I have to admit I'd much prefer steam over glass cockpits though; tempted to upgrade my FS2020 version just for the steam planes... As for the 25000 ft, how long would it take to get there? And how much oxygen do you have to bring? :eek:

I prefer glass cockpits for casual flights to be honest, it is just too convenient. But I do see the appeal of the opposite too, I had great flights in the Shock Ultra.

Top Bottom