Mineing nerf

Ive always said it fdev have a max 80 to 90 million credit an hour cut off and as soon as we can get 100cph they go all out to nerf it .. just luck they was occupied with the massive overhall til now but it obviously bothered them enough to hold everything including the fleet carriers in order to stop a lucrative payday for us !

Ive always said it fdev have a max 80 to 90 million credit an hour cut off and as soon as we can get 100cph they go all out to nerf it .. just luck they was occupied with the massive overhall til now but it obviously bothered them enough to hold everything including the fleet carriers in order to stop a lucrative payday for us !

Mining is massively unbalanced in terms of earnings. And the economy should respond to supply and demand. I haven't tried the beta so don't know if the changes work or not but hopefully they will lead to a more living economy. Right now VO/Painite mining is ridiculous. It's fun, but hugely overpaid and if the changes add a bit more skill than look for the highest paying station and dump all your opals there for half a billion credits, that would be good as well. Either way payouts should be reduced and all the salty miners can cry me a waterworld.

Mining is massively unbalanced in terms of earnings. And the economy should respond to supply and demand. I haven't tried the beta so don't know if the changes work or not but hopefully they will lead to a more living economy. Right now VO/Painite mining is ridiculous. It's fun, but hugely overpaid and if the changes add a bit more skill than look for the highest paying station and dump all your opals there for half a billion credits, that would be good as well. Either way payouts should be reduced and all the salty miners can cry me a waterworld.
This one.

You can still get big bucks for the deep core mining, you just need to think about what you're doing, not just brainlessly blat at the rocks and collect your payday at the nearest CL/PA/Inv combo.

Personally, I'd also love to see faction economies suffer major drops to Bust or even Famine when miners dump billions in minerals on them.

Last edited:
Quick question.
Have you actually been doing this mining and selling in the Beta to confirm it's nerfed?

I've not had chance to try it.

I also find it funny to hear people complaining about "nerfs" to over 100m cr/h as well, when back in the early days, it was this sort of "MEGABUX SPLOITS!" that got nerfed...

Also, before people start thinking "THE SKY IS FALLING!", here's void opals at full demand with just CL and Inv active:

And before you have a hissy fit... here's the current market rate with just CL and Inv active for some rando system in Live (non-beta)

So yeah, unless you plan on selling 14,000 voipals to tank this market, this change isn't the "great mining nerf" everyone thinks it is. I get the feeling any complaints about this won't have actually fact-checked this change in beta yet.

I'll try and get on beta tomorrow and have a go.
I'm thinking this will not be a big change for me.
I usually travel long distance for best prices anyway. 🤷‍♀️

I have the feeling sell locations will be fewer, farther away, and lower prices. I dont have an issue with either of them.

Also, fewer sell points will be a magnet for gankers, so expect less traffic in open

Mineing nerf

Are you talking about mining or mines nerf in here ? o_O

Last edited:
I personally haven't checked the prices of valuable minerals in the beta, but what little I have heard does not seem to support the notion that the changes are a great "mining nerf".

I have the feeling sell locations will be fewer, farther away, and lower prices. I dont have an issue with either of them.

Also, fewer sell points will be a magnet for gankers, so expect less traffic in open
Why fewer sell points? Nothing is being done to counter the vast prevalence of investment and civil liberty in the game, and pirate attack will continue to be how it is.

Everything about the new states is geared towards player activities which will further generate investment and civil liberty (i.e they just encourange more trading and bounty hunting to occur). They don't provide any new opportunities for players to cause negative effects.

Core mining is such a slow burn, unless there's hundreds of players in a system of just 10,000 in the requisite state, they'll never punch the demand too low, and it still won't change the availability of locations.

Last edited:
Yay. The forum dads and the care bears have won again. Honestly, they complain about anything that makes this game approachable and then whine about player numbers going down, why no one play in Open and how this game is in maintenance mode because it isn't generating revenue.

Yay. The forum dads and the care bears have won again. Honestly, they complain about anything that makes this game approachable and then whine about player numbers going down, why no one play in Open and how this game is in maintenance mode because it isn't generating revenue.
Ah. So it's definitely been nerfed then?
:(
I'll still go test it in beta when I get chance.

A lot of people don't like open because of ganking, not theoretical mining nerfs. Tho AFAIK many people are still playing in open (i.e. there are still threads popping up complaining that the OP got ganked!) And FD made a huge proft last financial year (66 million pounds), so they are obviously generating plenty of revenue (66 million pounds more than they are spending). So I'm having trouble finding any facts in what you wrote. Best not to post anything if it's all nonsense! 😃

Let's be real for a moment. First of all, it's still not certain whether mining's gonna get nerfed. AFAIK, that's just a proposal at this point. And even if it is, who needs to make 100 million credits+ per hour? What the heck are they doing with all those credits? 🤔

No, it really hasn't been nerfed.

If you've got a spare 14,000 void opals I can tell you what effect demand has on it, as that's the only way I'll be able to tell independently.

Top Bottom