MINING after new update

Myself and squadron mates have seen a approx 50% less to pulse wave response from asteroids, what was a productive double void opal field gave my only 2 non void opal cores boosting around in a barren wasteland. Going run round in my PV looking for materials, as mining is a time waster at present.

Yep ICE ring nerfed... back with FC patch 3 as PLANNED...
Every thing else with metal and rocky rings left alone and is fine...
Screenshot_20200823_225017.png
Screenshot_20200823_224857.png
Screenshot_20200729_061438.png

EgWyk7wXkAIUrgu

Other "Mining" is FINE... only 60- 80 million down for random runs...

I found tonight after installing the patch that the Pulse Wave scanner appears to only be working intermittently and of the few hits where I would have bet that it was a core deposit from spotting to very close then nothing as soon as I hit it with a prospector. Went back to my FC and took out my laser mining Python and filled up with tritium and low temp diamonds in round about an hour in the exact same spot. Something is seriously nerfed for sure.

Deleted member 38366

D
I just aborted an LTD Mining run.

Reasons :
  • exceptionally poor yields
  • hardly any glowing rocks, let alone Cores, SDs or SSDs
  • A-Grade Pulse Wave Scanner somerimes didn't indicate any glow until < 5 km (then some blank ones were suddenly glowing)

Got like 25t LTDs after an hour inside a LTD Hotspot..
...felt like a LTD "Coldspot" concerning Cores/SDs/SSDs. What little I could source came from a few Laser Mining Asteroids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just aborted an LTD Mining run.

Reasons :
  • exceptionally poor yields
  • hardly any glowing rocks, let alone Cores, SDs or SSDs
  • A-Grade Pulse Wave Scanner somerimes didn't indicate any glow until < 5 km (then some blank ones were suddenly glowing)

Got like 25t LTDs after an hour inside a LTD Hotspot..
...felt like a LTD "Coldspot" concerning Cores/SDs/SSDs. What little I could source came from a few Laser Mining Asteroids.
"Mission Accomplished! Again!" - FDev, probably.

Myself and squadron mates have seen a approx 50% less to pulse wave response from asteroids, what was a productive double void opal field gave my only 2 non void opal cores boosting around in a barren wasteland. Going run round in my PV looking for materials, as mining is a time waster at present.
Well as GraphiteGB said this was done on purpose with the FC patches some time ago.

Also note that with those patches LTDs specifically were nerfed further as demand for them at stations now decreases faster than other mined minerals.

Well as GraphiteGB said this was done on purpose with the FC patches some time ago.

Also note that with those patches LTDs specifically were nerfed further as demand for them at stations now decreases faster than other mined minerals.
But it was fine before this current patch, I had no complaints about mining, came back online when patch was done and it had all changed

There is always a lot of variation in things but I'd agree it does feel emptier in the rings than before the update.. Perhaps my imagination or bad luck? Hmm.

Still, prior to the update I hadn't seen much in the way of VOs in VO spots. In fact I don't recall seeing any normal, surface or sub-surface VO deposits in said hotspots of pristine rings. I had found cores occasionally, even had a reasonable sort of run in one, something like 5 cores in something like an hour and a half, two hours. You may or may not count that reasonable, they were at least there though. Nothing at all last night so, hmm.

I missed all the earlier mining rushes and wasn't too fussed about overlapping hotspots being reduced and the market being adjusted, loss as that was. Still, having regular hotspots made more potent seemed like a good change - be nice if that was actually working out.

Painite, Imperial Cutter, 2 -3 hours in a simple hot-spot 7yl of my home base, guarded by authority vessels, no pirates near = 512 tones = 480 millions. Once a week I do painite job. Got 2 billions in 2 weeks, with no sweat. Mining is great at present.

Deleted member 38366

D
Results of a Void Opal run :

Yield : zero
A single Alexandrite Core was found within 100km + a little Tritium. That's it.
Going there (Icy Ring) for mining seems pointless right now.

I'll abandon Icy Mining for now, back to Painite & Co it is then.

Results of a Void Opal run :

Yield : zero
A single Alexandrite Core was found within 100km + a little Tritium. That's it.
Going there (Icy Ring) for mining seems pointless right now.

I'll abandon Icy Mining for now, back to Painite & Co it is then.

Time-consuming, efforts involved, rewards granted, make deep core a bad business now; On the other hand, laser grabbing painite, watching a movie, drinking a beer and surfing the net, all on the same time, fill your pockets fast enough.

Can somebody explain why FDevs like to do it? To destroy the fun, to make it more boring, even without info?
Some days before Patch5 I enjoyed mining - found info (Reddit) about very rich icy ring, 44 hotspots, lot of overlaps, VO, LTD, Tritium etc. I just entered there, between
this overlapping hotspots and enjoyed mining - everywhere around yellow rocks, many Tritium SSDs, often VO and LTD cores etc. It was fun to use all the mining tools,
always changing. It was not about credits, I have enough, it was about pleasure. I collected Tritium for my FC, Bromelitte for missions in Jameson Memorial, also collected
Samarium, Osmium, Praseodymium (in metallic, metal-rich rings) for missions, and by the way, Opals and Diamonds.
Now, I can continue to do it, but 5 times slower, and needless to say - very boring. To drive around 10 - 15 mins doing nothing, using pulse wave for nothing.
I would agree immediately to change mining into something more difficult, more challenging. But to change the game into more boring?
And it's not the first time. In perfidious way - to not inform us about this changes. Isn't it offensive? Obviously they enjoy it!

Deleted member 38366

D
I'm now in a Metallic Painite single Hotspot - and yields are as good as expected (Laser Mining).

However, the Pulse Wave Scanner malfunction (bug) is very apparent even there.
Many rocks that should glow from upto 30km away show absolutely no signs until closer than 4-5km, where another Pulse suddenly reveals their nature.

Unsure how badly that new PWS bug affects overall yields, as there's potentially tons of Asteroids that are simply not displayed and thus can't be easily found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom