Multicrew trolling - it works!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yesterday i've joined several ships, for bounty hunting and exploring.

Joining ships and just sitting there, doing nothing and get money for it, perfect for me.
If they ask why i'm not fighting, i said....oh i'm new to the game, need to figure out how everything works. (If they only would check my profile lol)

Now i found the option to deploy SCB's, which i did....oh nice, 3x cell banks.....enough to make the ship overheat.
The CMDR were slightly distracted and worried why all the SCB's are gone.
I said, obviously a bug *gggggg
Finally they figured it was me...but it was almost too late...they had to leave the haz res.

Found it more enjoyable instead of actually fighting.

I then tried to find some exploration vessels.....one were near Sag A.
Oh see, there are heatsinks to deploy.....the ASP CMDR hasn't realized it was me.
Another CMDR was even further away, heading to beagle point......and after my telepresence visit he lost all his heatsinks, i told him he need to restock and left.

What we have learned today?
Multicrew has flaws.....terrible flaws....which needs to be fixed. I might join some other ships today again, coz it was fun to troll innocent CMDR's.

Joining ships and just sitting there, doing nothing and get money for it, perfect for me.
If they ask why i'm not fighting, i said....oh i'm new to the game, need to figure out how everything works. (If they only would check my profile lol)

Now i found the option to deploy SCB's, which i did....oh nice, 3x cell banks.....enough to make the ship overheat.
Finally they figured it was me...but it was almost too late...they had to leave the haz res.

Oh see, there are heatsinks to deploy.....the ASP CMDR hasn't realized it was me.
Another CMDR was even further away, heading to beagle point......and after my telepresence visit he lost all his heatsinks, i told him he need to restock and left.

Multicrew has flaws.....terrible flaws....which needs to be fixed. I might join some other ships today again, coz it was fun to troll innocent CMDR's.

Yep... way to put the last few people in open offside. Annoying your supporters, well done.

[Edit] Still it shows one thing... Fdev have STILL not learned their lesson and still naively think that people will behave and play the game the way it was intended just they're nice people and it's the right thing to do. *chuckles*

Last edited:

Oh you little tinker you! This needs to be addressed pretty damn quick i would guess otherwise this will be one of the nails hammered into the coffin that is Multicrew. Poorly thought out game play from FD and as i have always thought a rushed implementation. Makes you wonder if they now about these exploits hoping we would not find them so quick, or if they genuinely did not understand what could be done?

I wonder??????

Just pathetic, really. But OP is why you disable heatsinks when opening your ship, only open the ship when at a sight as an explorer and lock the door of your spaceship when you go out for groceries.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh you little tinker you! This needs to be addressed pretty damn quick i would guess otherwise this will be one of the nails hammered into the coffin that is Multicrew. Poorly thought out game play from FD and as i have always thought a rushed implementation. Makes you wonder if they now about these exploits hoping we would not find them so quick, or if they genuinely did not understand what could be done?

I wonder??????

Helm can disable modules, crew cannot enable. Explorer helms are naive and forget to do so. In combat you immediately kick any crewmember who launches an SCB without permission, and add them to banlist. Just like you disable turrets/hangar when approaching/leaving stations. If you go through multiple banks without noticing you're doing something wrong. Its not a major flaw, its a minor nuisance parasiting of the ignorance of some cmdrs.

Last edited:
Just pathetic, really. But OP is why you disable heatsinks when opening your ship, only open the ship when at a sight as an explorer and lock the door of your spaceship when you go out for groceries.

- - - Updated - - -

Helm can disable modules, crew cannot enable. Explorer helms are naive and forget to do so. In combat you immediately kick any crewmember who launches an SCB without permission, and add them to banlist. Just like you disable turrets/hangar when approaching/leaving stations. If you go through multiple banks without noticing you're doing something wrong. Its not a major flaw, its a minor nuisance parasiting of the ignorance of some cmdrs.

Yes agreed this can be done, but still, IMHO, a very poorly implemented part of ED.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: HBK
Yeah I joined a bounty hunting ship the other day, just to find myself in a Python without turrets and (obviously) without fighters. So basically I was just an extra pip. I tried to communicate with the pilot at least, and within 2 or 3 minutes he didnt even respond to me.

Then I got quite annoyed and figured out I could get his ship to 6xx% heat with his two 6A SCBs (got rid of the heat sinks before...).

@ CMDR ColD_ZA

might have some footage, have to check later...

Last edited:

That some players are nasty pieces of work, that they would rather troll fellow pilots than play the game. If you had done this once, maybe twice, and reported it then no problem, the fact that you are willing to repeat this well beyond 'recreating the bug/exploit/problem' speaks volumes about you, in my opinion you, and others up to similar nonsense, should receive a warning.

Well done there Madam! Discovering "emergent game play" are we now! Well I suppose you might fill a role to CMDR's : That galaxy is dangerous!
You do your tricks in open, I can hardly disapprove, but I think you will eventually run out of subjects :)
As others pointed out, its hardly the intended working manner of "Gunner" role...

Cheers Cmdr's

Are there any modules that CAN'T be used to grief the helm? And if not, what's the point to multicrew if you have to disable everything they can do?

Lol, thats like complaining that you cant disable weapons in a FPS and teammates can shoot you in the back. Yes, that can happen. So you pay attention and kick/ban them. Its weird to demand FD provides 100% cover against scary griefers, its not how online gaming can work. If you disable weapons/hangar near stations they cant get you insta-killed. Beyond that you just need to keep your eyes open. Add nuisances to block, and cool people to friendlist.

- - - Updated - - -

The same as we have fire groups,

I am still hoping we get "POWER GROUPS", where you can assign items to a power group... and when you hit that keybind it will enable or disable all modules assigned to that group.

I would love to hang out at stations with my shieldless viper 4, have all modules disabled (cept for scanners)... sitting silent..... then when I see a target.... press 1 button and have the ship go live/hot and

The same as we have fire groups,

I am still hoping we get "POWER GROUPS", where you can assign items to a power group... and when you hit that keybind it will enable or disable all modules assigned to that group.

I would love to hang out at stations with my shieldless viper 4, have all modules disabled (cept for scanners)... sitting silent..... then when I see a target.... press 1 button and have the ship go live/hot and

Oh man, so much that... :)

That some players are nasty pieces of work, that they would rather troll fellow pilots than play the game. If you had done this once, maybe twice, and reported it then no problem, the fact that you are willing to repeat this well beyond 'recreating the bug/exploit/problem' speaks volumes about you, in my opinion you, and others up to similar nonsense, should receive a warning.

I'm very useful to improve the game experience for everyone. Such flaws need to be addressed to 'force' the devs looking into it.
A simple panel were the CMDR set permissions what each role can do and what not would help. :D

i only hope the OP never buys a PC so i'm safe. i heard she can also hack into solo lobbies ....

@CMDR ColD_ZA, rep is for the avatar! i liked that one.

I'm very useful to improve the game experience for everyone. Such flaws need to be addressed to 'force' the devs looking into it.
A simple panel were the CMDR set permissions what each role can do and what not would help. :D

You will always need some modules for the crew, and they can always 'grief' the helm. Shoot cops for example. You're not 'revealing' anything, you're just being boring and obnoxious.

Lol, thats like complaining that you cant disable weapons in a FPS and teammates can shoot you in the back. Yes, that can happen. So you pay attention and kick/ban them. Its weird to demand FD provides 100% cover against scary griefers, its not how online gaming can work. If you disable weapons/hangar near stations they cant get you insta-killed. Beyond that you just need to keep your eyes open. Add nuisances to block, and cool people to friendlist.

I dunno... if I were designing it I would have at least tried to put in safeguards to minimise abuses... still I can't say I'm not amused by the whole debacle. "Hoist by your own petard" is the expression that comes to mind. Or possible "this is why we can't have nice things".

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom