Horizons My rant about people ranting about horizons/horizons pricing

I understand Beta. I understand expansion. I understand beta testing an expansion before release but for the life of me I don't understand beta expansion which somehow comes after beta and after 2.0 full release but somehow jumps back to Alpha early access!
The term "Early Access" is a lot more vague than "Alpha" or "Beta" (which have fairly well-established meanings in software development, even if modern marketing does misuse them quite often).

The real problem is that FD's "Beta" is really closer to Alpha, while any last-minute "Gamma" is probably closer to early Beta, and early official releases are closer to "late Beta".

FD simply chose to use the term "Early Access" for what is in reality "late Beta" + incremental development in public.

I'm not saying I completely agree with all their choices, but we should at least be arguing about the right things.

Last edited:
I condemn any discussion that leads to OMG YOU NO LIKE MY GAME YOU A KID/STUPID/YOU NO UNDERSTAND REAL GAMES bla bla, IM SO OLD AND YOU A BABY or THIS GAME SUCKS F U FD I WANT MY MONEY BACK WORST GAME OF THE YEAR etc etc etc.

Take a look at what this thread has turned into. "Fanboys" crying about having their game attacked, and literally calling others stupid for not sharing their opinion. Then you have the other side (the black knights) that are still unhappy and do the same thing as the white knights in return (not everyone from either side, but there are many trouble makers). I still don't understand why this thread has not been shut down. Completely useless "join my bandwagon cause im offended" SJW fest....over a video game.

Every time i hear a supposed adult call some other person a kid, immature or stupid for holding a different opinion, it just makes me cringe. Also, giant gangs/herds of like minded people atacking others, from whichever camp, on whatever forum, for whatever subject, just gets under my skin. Can no one be strong enough to hold an opinion of their own these days without the support of others...and not share it? Does it make the person feel better to feel offended or that their opinion be justified in the company of others? Just odd and extremely insecure behavior, but on a massive scale.

Strange time to live in. I'm glad this all ceases to exist when i shut down my PC. Unfortunately this behavior is starting to leak into real life with this generation, but that is a whole other topic.

First world problems.

A man looks into a mirror... sees everything he does not like and says "I hate you"
It Must be the mirror's fault... of course.
Not that the mirror cares one way or the other...
One can be a like the man above and blame the world (the mirror) around them for their pain... or one can ignore (ie.. not read, go elsewhere, let them eat cake, what have you) what offends them... and choose to accept a great big world out there with many opinions that do not align.... either way intolerance of intolerance is always rather humorous.
-
-
Thank you... Again! (there will be no need for a third one :) )

Top Bottom